Sign in to follow this  
Undead Knight

Everyone shoots me on sight.

I'm honestly getting so sick of people shooting me on sight, I've yet to meet someone friendly, I don't understand why people think this is Call of Duty or something, I'm tired of it. *Sigh* :(

Find some friends to play with. When my squad roles up I'm pretty sure most non-hackers/clever people think twice about opening fire.

Yeah groups are a must. This isn't a solo gamers domain.

So even if you do get taken out, you can most often rely upon my comrades to either protect your corpse until you get back or to at least grab the more important gear to get back later. And obviously if you're in a group you can take out the hostiles.

I'm playing Namalsk on a private server now and it is very rare to see a player by themself. Most groups are somewhere between four to eight members and my group can usually at most only field five out of seven people on any given night.

And firefights are rampant. I remember the night I joined the server and met up with some friends, we had at least five major firefights with both sides taking casualties.

So much damn fun.

I have a perfect way to remedy the situation: don't get seen.

• Like 3

My trick is to say "Hello" in such a stupid way that the other guy gets confused. You would be surprised how often it works.

• Like 1

We generally kill on sight. There is nothing to do in this game, period. So if we play we group up, loot and find what we need. If another player is in our way we may kill them/let them go/or get killed. Depending on what they have really. Sometimes we even go out of our way to help out new players. It all depends on what we feel like doing.

I'm honestly getting so sick of people shooting me on sight, I've yet to meet someone friendly, I don't understand why people think this is Call of Duty or something, I'm tired of it. *Sigh* :(

There are 3 reasons why people shoot on sight:

1 They want your shit

2 They don't want you to take their shit

3 Cherno/Electro FFA

The truth is that 80% of players I have come across ended in a gunfight, but those few and far in between instances when you meet someone cool are worth it.

I'll never forget my first DAYZ friend. I was running around one of the coastal villages like any fresh beaner and had a makarov with a few bullets left. There was a bambi hiding in a warehouse with an axe frightened by all the shooting. I was running away from the infected when I ran into the warehouse and he was shouting FRIENDLY DONT SHOOT PLZ over voice chat. We joined up and together we made it to stary to gear up. That was a blast.

• Like 1

Don't get smart with me.

I'm serious. I can't remember the last friendly guy that I've come across. It always ends with a gunfight...

Maybe because I shoot-on-sight.......?

I avoid everyone I come across if I can. If it's impossible to hide, I choose to either kill them or let them go, which depends on how well armed they are; i'll kill anyone with a good gun but if they have a hatchet and a makarov then I don't have to worry about them following me and killing me.

I can honestly sympathize with your plight, this is something that occurred to me at some point in my experience with the game.

I started playing the way I usually play post apocalyptic games (like Fallout and such) with the attitude of a paragon, I will help anybody and everybody that I can and I will only shoot to defend myself. What I hadn't realized are three things...

1. Some people hunt other players for sport because they're bored

2. Some people go to extreme lengths to trick and eventually kill someone for their gear

3. Some people exactly just like me have become so jaded by the first two things that they've given up on trying to be friendly and getting it spat back in their face in the form of bullets.

It wasn't long before my paragon's attitude quickly shifted to my Survivor's attitude where I came up with my motto (The Survivor's credo in my signature) because I can't be arsed to take the risk required to be friendly to someone first, if someone is friendly towards me initially I still remain apprehensive and ready to attack should they be going through some elaborate bullshit to get my gear from me.

I found my group of friends in DayZ by simply playing on a server regularly and the server admin asked me if I was friendly or not. Hesitantly I told him I was friendly and we had some nice chats and talks. Over time this grew to a cautious friendship and eventually got to the point where I share a camp with him and his friends now (my friends) and we all work together towards the common goal of surviving DayZ's many challenges.

I can honestly sympathize with your plight, this is something that occurred to me at some point in my experience with the game.

I started playing the way I usually play post apocalyptic games (like Fallout and such) with the attitude of a paragon, I will help anybody and everybody that I can and I will only shoot to defend myself. What I hadn't realized are three things...

1. Some people hunt other players for sport because they're bored

2. Some people go to extreme lengths to trick and eventually kill someone for their gear

3. Some people exactly just like me have become so jaded by the first two things that they've given up on trying to be friendly and getting it spat back in their face in the form of bullets.

It wasn't long before my paragon's attitude quickly shifted to my Survivor's attitude where I came up with my motto (The Survivor's credo in my signature) because I can't be arsed to take the risk required to be friendly to someone first, if someone is friendly towards

me initially I still remain apprehensive and ready to attack should they be going through some elaborate bullshit to get my gear from

me.

I found my group of friends in DayZ by simply playing on a server regularly and the server admin asked me if I was friendly or not. Hesitantly I told him I was friendly and we had some nice chats and talks. Over time this grew to a cautious friendship and eventually

got to the point where I share a camp with him and his friends now (my friends) and we all work together towards the common goal of

surviving DayZ's many challenges.

When I first started playing DayZ I though that maybe 1 in 10 were bandits and I went in with a similar idea to yours. I got a shock when it was the other way round. I now always play with a friend and have the following rules: Bandit=KoS Survivor=Especially cautious and have at least one member of group on them at all times. Then try to leave. Hero=Give stuff to them. Lot less cautious

@OP Tips to try and avoid your issues

1. Play on low Pop servers.

2. Get Hero skin.

3. Try and play in a group.

4. Avoid people.

5. Don't attract attention to your self

6. General common sense. Eg; no firing a Lee Enfield in the middle of Cherno.

Edited by Shrimpy223

I'm one of those weird players that likes exploring Chernarus and tries very hard not to be seen at all.

So many thanks to the chap looting the school in Elektro last night for not shooting me after I ran right into him trying to loose some zombies..

you need to find a group as a few suggested. I played for about 3 weeks solo, it was boring. I found a few guys on here to play with and now play with up to 10 guys regularly. We group up on different servers with a goal of finding flying transportation. Head to an air field find the ride and begin to repair. Anyone who comes near not in our group is a walking loot pile.

Stop being a sitting duck.

If you allow people getting a clean line of sight on you, most people will pull that trigger, either out of paranoia, self preservation or simply because they KOS. Remember that with your default animation, whenever you're looking a people, you're pointing the muzzle of your gun straight at their face. People don't react kindly to that. If they know you're a fast click away from shooting them in the head, why should they hesitate for a moment?

What you need to do it break life of sight, whenever you encounter anybody.

Anybody?

ANYBODY!!!

Keep your distance and yell Freindly, Friendly! from cover. Tell them you're friendly, you want no trouble and tell them not to point their gun at you. If they try to flank you, if they keep their weapon raised, go ahead and assume they're out to get you and either attempt to escape, if you don't want to lose humanity or go ahead and kill the hell out of them. If they are friendly, strike up a conversation with them, but keep an eye on them, don't expose yourself and pay attention to what they say. Make sure you don't mistake what you want to hear, with what you're really hearing. If they come off as unnatural friendly or a little bit disrespectful, they'll probably turn on you, when they get bored with your company or get a chance to shoot you in the back. If you get a bad feeling, say: "Take care and goodbye" and try to leave as safely as possible.

I prefer to socialize in Chernogorsk near the supermarket/church. When you enter that area, be aware of your surroundings, all the buildings, fences create fairly safe assess/escape routes. If you keep on the move, follow the natural cover and don't expose yourself to the most obvious sniper locations, to can travel "fairly" safe in Cherno. If you take fire, you need to instinctively run for it, placing solid cover between you and the shooter. People can't shoot and run at the same time, so you keep placing cover between you and the shooter, you can quickly create distance from the danger.

Anyways when you in these populated areas, loot fast, with your back against the wall and always be ready to run or fight.

Also sometime just having a short friendly conversation in the supermarket is enough, you don't have to attempt to group up with everybody you see. If you want to too much, you'll end up dead.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

I agree with Dallas, too. And don't run like a crocodile! (Apparently they can only run in straight lines). Zig zag, duck and dive, up and under etc. :thumbsup:

I agree with Dallas, too. And don't run like a crocodile! (Apparently they can only run in straight lines). Zig zag, duck and dive, up and under etc. :thumbsup:

EDIT, Nevermind, I didn't read your post right. Edited by Undead Knight

PatchesOHoulihan.jpg

Remember the Five D's of Dodgeball

-Dodge

-Duck

-Dip

-Dive

-Dodge