• WEARING GHILLIE SUIT
  • Coyote Backpack with:
  • L85A2 AWS - 4 Mags
  • Camping tent
  • Cooked Meat x4
  • Water Bottle x3
  • Satchel Charge
  • And lots of other supplies including full meds etc

I was approaching Elektro to snipe it (haven't even really used any of my awesome gear yet) and the entire server gets ported to one place. I try to press escape to abort but it said something like "You can't escape LOL" so I alt+f4ed. Logged into another server and:

CHOSE MALE OR FEMALE

So... Here's my questions:

• Can I get my gear back? Either from the DayZ people or the server owners?
  • How can I avoid this happening again?

tl;dr - Had best gear possible. Killed by hacker. Lost it all. Can I get it back?

Your gear is literally worthless. That being said, you could easily have logged into a private hive on accident. Log in to the same server and look to see if your gear is back.

And this is why i dont bother with gear anymore. A hatchet is all i need.

Either that or go on whitelisted private servers.

Or wait for Standalone.

• Like 3

Your gear is literally worthless. That being said, you could easily have logged into a private hive on accident. Log in to the same server and look to see if your gear is back.

My gear is worthless? What do you mean? It's probably everything you need, the best possible. At least for killing players!

I was approaching Elektro to snipe it...

Glad you got hack-killed.

• Like 6

What, no bike ?

1 = depends, some servers have a roll back option.

2 = depends, some servers have a roll back option.

Welcome to dayZ

• Like 1

DayZ isn't all about gear. Honestly, I'd trade the full kit you got for a hatchet and a couple of friends to joke around with, cause lets face it, killing people is boring.

• Like 1

My gear is worthless? What do you mean? It's probably everything you need, the best possible. At least for killing players!

And it is worthless. Literally every item in the game has no value. Here's why:

1. It's so easy to get. You could literally spawn in and find a corpse with that stuff on it.

2. It's so easy to lose. You can die from a door. Bam, 10 hours of work gone.

3. You're going to lose it anyway. Your items won't carry over to the standalone assuming you're getting it.

I'm not saying there's no point in aiming for things, but when it comes to items, don't bother getting attached.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 5

I agree with Rage. Good loot is so easy to get that it's not really any fun getting it.

I agree with Rage. Good loot is so easy to get that it's not really any fun getting it.

It's also that train of thought that could easily promote random KOSing. It's easy to see DayZ like a rogue-like: You start off with nothing, roam around getting whatever random stuff appears with little to no correlation, until you can't get any further with it and die. Then you start over again. There's really no incentive to work towards any other sort of goal. If there were different end-game goals to accomplish, it would add a bit more value to some items that could perhaps be necessary (Scrap metal to fix a generator that allows you to enter an area for unique loot would be an example), This would also add the additional reason to form a group with other players that everyone is asking for, without prohibiting the lone-wolf or the bandits which everyone gets (rightfully) annoyed at.

• Like 1

It's also that train of thought that could easily promote random KOSing. It's easy to see DayZ like a rogue-like: You start off with nothing, roam around getting whatever random stuff appears with little to no correlation, until you can't get any further with it and die. Then you start over again. There's really no incentive to work towards any other sort of goal. If there were different end-game goals to accomplish, it would add a bit more value to some items that could perhaps be necessary (Scrap metal to fix a generator that allows you to enter an area for unique loot would be an example), This would also add the additional reason to form a group with other players that everyone is asking for, without prohibiting the lone-wolf or the bandits which everyone gets (rightfully) annoyed at.

Couldn't agree more. I hope Rocket adds some secret items or something in the Standalone which is close to impossible to get. I'd like to see loot being rare now that we've got the message of hacking reduced by a lot.

For obvious reasons, if a hacker kills you and removes your body, your gear is gone. Your L85 (which shouldn't even be in the game unless you have kept it since November 21st or the server didn't update), your SVD, everything.

For personal reasons, it was probably for the best so you don't waste your ammo on new spawns like an asshole.

1. Rule of DayZ: Don't get attached to your gear.

Edited by The Smorski
  • Like 1

did you not get the memo OP?

Number 1 rule of Dayz - dont get attached to your gear..

hackers are bad - but killing a killer is good

I don't like hackers or killers.

Maybe the hackers and killers need their OWN server - L O L

I understand some ones disappointment, loosing gear like this, but that was when I had only been playing for a week. After that I realized what most have said on these forums. Don't ever get emotionally attached to anything you have in Dayz. Your going to loose it.

BTW: I have a V3S with almost every high end weapon/Gear in game.... I am bored Awaiting SA

I'm not saying there's no point in aiming for things, but when it comes to items, don't bother getting attached.

This is a really stupid suggestion and I don't know why everyone has said it over and over again for the last 7 months.

If you aren't attached to your gear, then you lose out on 99% of the fun in DayZ. It's hard to be attached to your life, you just respawn so who cares if you die? Your stuff is all there is to be attached to, and that's why you survive, that's why you get the adrenaline in dangerous situations, that's why you might instantly gun down a guy you see when you're looting Stary Sobor and someone else comes to do the same etc.

Edited by Castle
  • Like 3

Omg I would get more upset by a hacker teleporting me after running all the way to NWA.

Stop being a fucking child and stfu and play the game and get over it.

And this is why i dont bother with gear anymore. A hatchet is all i need.

This is so true, once you have a trustworthy hatchet you're good to go.

Psh. Everyone knows an AS50 is Elektro sniper gear. SVD is worthless, and most scrubs don't know how to use a PSO.

Glad you got hack-killed.

Why? He was having fun. I'm not a bandit. I shoot players if I have to. But if there were not bandits the game would be really boring. Come on, admit it!

This is a really stupid suggestion and I don't know why everyone has said it over and over again for the last 7 months.

If you aren't attached to your gear, then you lose out on 99% of the fun in DayZ. It's hard to be attached to your life, you just respawn so who cares if you die? Your stuff is all there is to be attached to, and that's why you survive, that's why you get the adrenaline in dangerous situations, that's why you might instantly gun down a guy you see when you're looting Stary Sobor and someone else comes to do the same etc.

But it's not a suggestion, it's a fact. Your items can be found on the coast if you're lucky, you could lose them literally seconds later to a random zombie you did not see. If you begin to make honeymoon plans with your AS50, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I value my life significantly more than my items. My life is something that I cannot simply swap out with another one when I'm done with it. The things I do in that life and the things I achieve are with me until I die and I have a new one.

First of all, were you playing on a private hive, or a server linked to the public hive?

Assuming you know specifically where you were playing (check recent tab, if you use dayz commander), explain what happened, and try asking the admin of the server if they'll roll back the database.

Otherwise, I understand that you've got to be mad as hell, but this is just one of the things that we all have to deal with. For some reason, a significant enough fraction of the people who like to game online prefer to cheat. They're a minority, but their actions usually escalate to the point of having high impact on everyone around them.

I doubt things will be 100% secure in SA either, so the "don't get too attached to your equipment" mindset is probably a good one to consider.

...and it is just a game :)

AC

(edit, spelling mistake)

Edited by AIRCAV

Why? He was having fun. I'm not a bandit. I shoot players if I have to. But if there were not bandits the game would be really boring. Come on, admit it!

I have no problem with a player killing me when I am equipped, I have a problem with a player killing me when I am weaponless, and In search for beans and coke.

• Like 1