seannybgoode

dark is TOO FUCKING DARK -> dayz devs listen ffs

A reasonable' date=' cogent and amiable thread would have sufficed.

This is quite abrupt.

[/quote']

The moment someone posts that, it gets flooded with "NVGs noob!" everywhere.

I'm still loving how people think the darkness like this is from the DayZ staff. The DayZ staff has NOTHING to do with this' date=' this has everything to do with BI's staff and what they think is "right".

[/quote']

WRONG

Give us moonlight and I will STFU....

I never used NVGs or gamma boost and never had a problem with dark nights. Just learn how to use flares and chemlights properly. Don't throw flares at your feet or carry them around. To lit up a part of a town, throw the flare there from afar. For moving in between places you can carry a chemlight.

When the moon is up you can see fine outside but the moon is not always above horizon (even though there are no clouds - starlight is not enough for naked eye).

And pitch black nights are quite real. Doesn't only depend on moon phase but also on your location and moon position.

Brighter lunar cycles would help.

They need to fix night-time which is probably more viable or make some sort of way to see where you are running, because running with a flashlight is completely pointless, you don't see a damn thing because you are waving it around, it takes up wayyyyy too many slots, you cannot use a flashlight/gun combo and it's not effective to have to stop every 10 seconds to get your bearings.

WRONG

Give us moonlight and I will STFU....

You obviously know nothing about how the lighting system in this game works, nor what the beta Arma 2 patches have been doing to the lighting system. If you want to complain about the lighting system, go to the BI forums and complain. Again, the DayZ staff has nothing to do with it.

@Reinofragin: There's two weapons currently in DayZ that have flashlights. The Glock 17 and the M4A3 CCO. They don't provide nearly as much light it seems as the handheld flashlights, but they provide enough light for what is needed. Both can be potentially found at any area that spawns military weapons (medical tent camps, deer stands, etc).

with the new update this is fixed in a way. although you don't start with a pistol or food if you check your bag you get a flashlight now without having to loot around for ages.

Red lens military flashlight = win by the way though, if you ever come across one (they also have a chance to spawn anywhere that spawns military stuff).

You obviously know nothing about how the lighting system in this game works' date=' nor what the beta Arma 2 patches have been doing to the lighting system. If you want to complain about the lighting system, go to the BI forums and complain. Again, the DayZ staff has nothing to do with it.

[/quote']

Oh REALLY?? Why don't you go ahead and enlighten us about how the lighting system works then?

Why is it that the 1.7.1 patch is what made everything pitch dark? I've been playing with the beta patch for weeks with no problems until now.

Say something useful or be quiet please.

And please, feel free to post some quotes from the dev team if you're so convinced.

pitch black nights have been there long before 1.7.1.. I think some of the last ArmA2 beta patches disabled brightness/gamma boosting, maybe that is what you encountered now

pitch black nights have been there long before 1.7.1.. I think some of the last ArmA2 beta patches disabled brightness/gamma boosting' date=' maybe that is what you encountered now

[/quote']

Exactly what I was going to say.

The most recent beta patch has just fixed it so it's nowhere near as bad as it was, but it's still nowhere near what it is without the beta patch. Not only that, you've been playing under "new moon" conditions! If you can't handle it, wait for Arma 3 and their improvements they've made on the lighting system itself. You really need to go read the DayZ staff's posts on these forums, even they have stated they have nothing to do with how the lighting is in this game.

Your NVGs must be *sweet*..

never used NVGs or gamma boost.. instead I've learned how to play on pitch black nights

Lol. By popping flares and getting killed by guys like me. Gj.

I say again. Give us dev quotes or feel free to describe to us the intricacies of lighting in the Arma 2 engine.

Lol. By popping flares and getting killed by guys like me. Gj.

guys like you obviously don't play on pitch black nights.. I've been shot at, yes, but never killed.. even if I was, it's a part of the game.. I'm not gonna go whine on forums about it

I say again. Give us dev quotes or feel free to describe to us the intricacies of lighting in the Arma 2 engine.

How about you go search it for yourself like I have instead of having things handed to you?

Ok according to you, you're the obvious authority on Dayz and lighting in the arma2 engine, yet you refuse to post any quotes or evidence to back up your claims.

And you say you've never been killed? Bitch, please. Now we know you're full of shit.

The darkness was increased to prevent the exploitation of gamma/brightness

And you say you've never been killed? Bitch' date=' please. Now we know you're full of shit.

[/quote']

You have two different people confused. Although, I haven't been killed during the night since it's been super dark, I've only been killed during the day.

The darkness was increased to prevent the exploitation of gamma/brightness

People use the gamma trick because nights are already too dark, so their logic is to increase darkness? Yes, this makes sense.

Because a black screen is a game somehow.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/InfiniteGrim/arma2oa2012-06-1522-26-05-13.jpg

And you say you've never been killed? Bitch' date=' please. Now we know you're full of shit.

[/quote']

now you start putting words in my mouth.. I said I've never been killed on a pitch black night while using flares/chemlights..

anyway.. you are complaining about pitch black nights because they have taken the option to boost gamma away from you and you are too scared to start using available light sources because you might get shot at..

I'm done in this thread

Ok according to you' date=' you're the obvious authority on Dayz and lighting in the arma2 engine, yet you refuse to post any quotes or evidence to back up your claims.[/quote']

Is this enough to shut you up?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10757&pid=100537#pid100537

Thread doesnt say ANYTHING useful.

You're clearly the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Let me get this straight....

It's a simulation about surviving a zombie apocalypse ... and we are arguing about realism?:huh: