Pegz

Cheaters "advertising" TheLaughingMan's server (Note: These cheaters are not affiliated with TLM)

How did he manage to get away with it the second time? Surely after the first night alarm bells must've been ringing?

How did he manage to get away with it the second time? Surely after the first night alarm bells must've been ringing?

Laughingman is the name of a private hive server. Obviously the person(s) doing this aren't going to come in the server with the name laughingman.

Could someone explain what exactly is happening there? What server is that? Who's doing that? I dont get exactly whats going on.

Is that the doorman server and someone has hacked it to add that advert telling people to go to Laughingman?

It's hackers the news thing is a script from ARMA it's just trolls being trolls get their IP's from the battle eye logs and post them I'd wager it's just a random douche

Edited by seaweed

Could someone explain what exactly is happening there? What server is that? Who's doing that? I dont get exactly whats going on.

Is that the doorman server and someone has hacked it to add that advert telling people to go to Laughingman?

It happened on my server...couldn't find anything in the logs unfortunately that pointed to who was doing it. I suspect it was that falconace guy that got kicked right when it happened so he got handed a ban; until I see something that explains what that remotexec was for.

I can't imagine it would be any of the admins from that server, surely? It would be soo dumb for them to do that and make themselves look this stupid.

It isn't me, I will gladly join to give you my IP and GUID to prove that. There are a group of hackers that like to troll my servers, trust me I get my fair share of masskills, thunderdomes, and monky menus. Then to troll me even more they put my name in their scripts and run them on other servers to make me look bad. There is honestly nothing I can do. If you want more information I will do my best to answer but this is mostly what I know.

• Like 1

It isn't me, I will gladly join to give you my IP and GUID to prove that. There are a group of hackers that like to troll my servers, trust me I get my fair share of masskills, thunderdomes, and monky menus. Then to troll me even more they put my name in their scripts and run them on other servers to make me look bad. There is honestly nothing I can do. If you want more information I will do my best to answer but this is mostly what I know.

I honestly didn't think you personally did it. No reason for you to; obviously your server is always packed. Its just annoying, we finally get a good population going and the past weekend with all the script kiddies it was damn near unplayable. Every 30 minutes I had to do a roll back to repair a mass tele or vehicle magnet.

Yeah I had that happen last weekend, this is what happens:

- Hackers use bypass to run scripts

- BE patches these bypasses

- Servers are safe for a while

- Hackers make new bypass

- Repeat

Sometimes I got a week or two with no issues, then it is hell for a few days. My only wisdom I can offer is add 1 "" to the bottom of your filters, this will cause it to log EVERYTHING but if you look carefully you can see how they get around the filters that way. The downside is your logs will be HUGE.

• Like 2

Yeah I had that happen last weekend, this is what happens:

- Hackers use bypass to run scripts

- BE patches these bypasses

- Servers are safe for a while

- Hackers make new bypass

- Repeat

Sometimes I got a week or two with no issues, then it is hell for a few days. My only wisdom I can offer is add 1 "" to the bottom of your filters, this will cause it to log EVERYTHING but if you look carefully you can see how they get around the filters that way. The downside is your logs will be HUGE.

Yea I have 1 "" in place as well as the publicvariableval filter. It seems they have smartened up a bit and stopped using non-spawning weapons these days though. I used to always catch them from that. Meh we're at the point where a whitelist is doable population wise so that maybe what I'll do once I get my dedicated up this weekend :D

• Like 1

Do you have 1 "" in remoteexec.txt?

Why yes I do. Its just the act of actually having time to sift through it all is the problem :lol:

btw I was checking our your site because I'm nosey lol but would you be willing to share how you were able to do the stats page. http://74.91.125.219/hive/

Edited by Pegz

Why yes I do. Its just the act of actually having time to sift through it all is the problem :lol:

btw I was checking our your site because I'm nosey lol but would you be willing to share how you were able to do the stats page. http://74.91.125.219/hive/

It's just this - https://github.com/UnclearWall/BlissAdmin

My server runs the same setup

ahh gotcha; when our dedicated is setup(which is hopefully this afternoon) I plan on trying out this Control Center from Crosire it includes the spectate tool which will come in handy for these types of situations I think.

ahh gotcha; when our dedicated is setup(which is hopefully this afternoon) I plan on trying out this Control Center from Crosire it includes the spectate tool which will come in handy for these types of situations I think.

I still need to try CC myself, Dayz.st's own live map is so good I haven't had a need for it in combo with blissadmin. The admin section of blissadmin does have maps too but I don't know how they compare with CC's give both a try :)

I still need to try CC myself, Dayz.st's own live map is so good I haven't had a need for it in combo with blissadmin. The admin section of blissadmin does have maps too but I don't know how they compare with CC's give both a try :)

If the spectator script works as good as I hope it does, that would make CC worth it by itself. Claims of hacks-cycle through each player and see what they are up to, would make finding culprits much easier.

hahahaha, I've got to say though there is some truth in that. Doorman's servers are poorly protected. I constantly see cheaters there that are left unmolested. It is super easy to get away with cheating when the admins are incompetent.

Laughingman your servers are some of the most well-admined and protected I have ever seen. That is not to say cheaters don't still exist there, but they aren't allowed to run rampant or stay for very long. Your servers deserve the #1 spot in popularity. Kudos. The only way they could be any better was if you could make them run faster and cut down load times. I suppose that isn't really your fault so much as it is DayZ in general especially with 40-60 players on 24/7.

Edited by JimmiesAintEvenRustled