Kaffarov37

Cars not saving

Finally found a car, and after 10 minuts of driving around I decide to hide it. I find a nice place to put it. I use the scroll wheel to try and find the "Save" button. I couldn't seen to get it up so I relogged only to have the same issue happen again. Frusterated I decided to let the whole serever know and I gave out the quardenents to where the car was located and marked it on the map. Kinda a rough ending to a great day of finding some sweet loot. But atleast I will be happy to know someone is out their driving my little UAZ. ;_;

• Like 1

They save automatically. I bet if you hadn't have told anyone, it would still be there now.

• Like 1

They have been saving automatically for months, they just removed the save menu because it did nothing.

You should have just kept it there, why tell anyone where it was? Even if you weren't sure it was saved?

Frusterated I decided to let the whole serever know and I gave out the quardenents to where the car was located and marked it on the map.

Uhm, next time consider googling the issue before doing silly things :P

So see Timmy the moral of the story is, if Zelot37 had just read the patch notes none of this would of been necessary.

Remember kids read the notes!

• Like 1

So see Timmy the moral of the story is, if Zelot37 had just read the patch notes none of this would of been necessary.

See thats why you should always listen to Ben Franklin (Pendragon), truly words of wisdom.

• Like 1

To be fair, I don't remember the automatic saving being in the patchnotes back in June when they got it working.

• Like 1

To be fair, I don't remember the automatic saving being in the patchnotes back in June when they got it working.

True but they fully removed it in the last patch. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/107617-build-1744-rolling-update/ 6th note on the list.

Never question the might of the Franklin! ;)

• Like 1

Not to be annoying or such, but on our server after the latest restart ( about 20 minutes ago ).. Our cars were put back to the latest location. Eg. car that was at camp before then moved to vybor, was spawned back at vybor. Which put back all the cars back for some reason.

>.< Yeah same with tents, I was wondering where the save thing went to, but like others have said they removed it (THANK GOD). I cant remember the amount of times I forgot to save my tent and lost shit.

And to the guy above, isnt that a server rollback or whatever its called? On the server I play on people got hacked and asked if the admin could do a server rollback for 20 mins ago so they all had their stuff they had before the hacker killed them, maybe thats what it was? Or maybe just one of those things.

Zelot37 do you play on UK410? I just found a body in Balota with that name (or very similar Zelot with numbers at the end).

@Rooneye

It's my server :P So it's no rollback

Ahh ok :D Just one of those little weird things then I guess >.<

Does anyone know if we'll have to restart the server all the time in Stand Alone?

Edited by Rooneye

Finally found a car, and after 10 minuts of driving around I decide to hide it. I find a nice place to put it. I use the scroll wheel to try and find the "Save" button. I couldn't seen to get it up so I relogged only to have the same issue happen again. Frusterated I decided to let the whole serever know and I gave out the quardenents to where the car was located and marked it on the map. Kinda a rough ending to a great day of finding some sweet loot. But atleast I will be happy to know someone is out their driving my little UAZ. ;_;

Nothing but your very own fault to give away the location of your vehicle, next time think things through.

Nothing but your very own fault to give away the location of your vehicle, next time think things through.

It was better to give away the car instead of it disapearing.

>.< Yeah same with tents, I was wondering where the save thing went to, but like others have said they removed it (THANK GOD). I cant remember the amount of times I forgot to save my tent and lost shit.

And to the guy above, isnt that a server rollback or whatever its called? On the server I play on people got hacked and asked if the admin could do a server rollback for 20 mins ago so they all had their stuff they had before the hacker killed them, maybe thats what it was? Or maybe just one of those things.

Zelot37 do you play on UK410? I just found a body in Balota with that name (or very similar Zelot with numbers at the end).

I don't think I have played on that server yet. My main server I play on right now is CA24.

Same here.

It was better to give away the car instead of it disapearing.

It WOULDN'T have disappeared though, that's what we're all saying :D

Edited by Rooneye

@Rooneye

It's my server :P So it's no rollback

Interesting.

UK410 is your server?

D.