Sign in to follow this  
despair (DayZ)

Standalone could slip to 2013

As long as they don't compromise the PC version to support the console versions.

• Like 7

At first I was all like :( , Then I was like oh yeah I got a mod still :lol: , If I must wait for my awesome game then I shall wait!!! I support whatever rockets feels and needs to be done! Thanks for the hours and hours of fun and more to come!!! :beans: I can wait, can you? :huh:

ANYONE who thinks Warz is a threat....wow??? no words really. I grabbed warz as soon as it would allow me...and was EXTREMLY disapointed. Even in a mod start DAYZ LORDS over warz

Warz-Not a mod? bullshit

In development for FOUR YEARS? woooow if thats the best you can do in 4 years.....Go home, quit your job. You fail at making a game.

No hackers? Gangman Style.....oooh fuck you.........

Warz is flatout fail attempt to try to beat dayz to the punch. I tricked some fool into tradding Blackops 2 for my warz account. Good day

• Like 5

I'm not too worried about it slipping into 2013. I'd rather they release it properly than rush it out. It will still be a work in progress, but a work in progress that hopefully functions alot better than the mod does now.

• Like 3

I don't care if DayZ will slip into 2013 as long as Rocket gave us what he promised to be in the foundation release, I have time to spare.

Go Rocket! Focus on the game and not on the money you will gain by releasing this earlier than a rip-off zombie game!

cool...

Cheer up buttercup!

It's either ready or not.

Anyways the mod seems to be back on track in the good solid hands of the community. Imagine if the standalone launched with 60% of Chernarus-Plus locked, because it was still under development. Rocket and DayZ has come a long way with an uncompromising vision and as much patience as any gaming community can muster. No need to start compromising now and no need to lose it all, by losing the patience.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

-Rocket said they will "slip the date if needed".

-The linked article says it "could slip to 2013".

You title your thread "most likely won't be released in 2012"? Do you know something Rocket doesn't?

• Like 5

-Rocket said they will "slip the date if needed".

-The linked article says it "could slip to 2013".

You title your thread "most likely won't be released in 2012"? Do you know something Rocket doesn't?

Fixed.

Falling out of my chair thinking my xbox will pull this game, at any distance. Consoles??? Anyone remember what the specs are in the xbox or PS3? Same thoughts as everyone that should care, later date gives a better chance of higher end quality/features.

I can wait...

• Like 3

what happend to the "it HAS to ship before the end of the year"...

i guess the pressure from WarZ isnt that much afterall ???

I'd say development happened. I'm a tradesman in the real world, somtimes jobs go over time, we dont just give them an unfinished house because a date was missed.

Everytime they mention console release my heart sinks a bit.

• Like 1

Xbox?

I don't want that gamer culture in DayZ. No sir.

So many horrible memories come to mind while reading that statement.

Developer "will not compromise the project for the "short-term gain" of shipping this year.

Thats all i had to read on the very top of the article and i'm happy with that.

• Like 1

Am I the only person who's actually disappointed to hear this? :P

There are two types of people in this world; people who aren't disappointed because they want the game to be even better, and people who are disappointed because they just want their fix! Either way, we're all fans.

Edited by All Powerful Ape
  • Like 1

Xbox?

I don't want that gamer culture in DayZ. No sir.

Says the guy with Raam for an avatar. :huh:

Attempting to make some apples/oranges distinction between the attitude of the xbox live community and that of DayZ, is seriously dumb.

There's such things as individuality to consider. Not to mention, when's the last time anyone saw online cross-platform gaming on xbox?

I digress,

Speculation about a console release is totally irrelevant. If it does come to pass, it will be a heavily chopped-down port.

Even so, with "optimization" (a concept totally foreign to PC elitists), 7/8 year old console hardware and OSs can still do some seriously impressive shit.

The problem would be putting it all on a ROMdisk.

EDIT: Anyone remember what happened when otherZ raced for a quick release?

Rocket, dude, take all the time you need. :thumbsup:

Edited by Chabowski

I personally think the plans were too ambitious for an end of year release. Take into account a lot of information is not available and no one bar rocket and co know about much of the contents. I get the feeling some players are expecting a end of time gaming experience. Some will be let down!

In short, when I does come out in Feb, we will appreciate it more for being stable and worth playing. Let them take as long as they want, there is no competition as Warz is pants, no not pants, shorts, no not shorts, a cod piece! No competition whatsoever ever! They can promise more crap nearer the time of SA release!

Warz have always mirrored DayZ, it highlights their unoriginality.

it will be out for christmas .

no one launces games in january cause everyones skint . so its december or feb.