Sign in to follow this  
kingfury4

DayZ SA Hardware

I was wondering whether the DayZ standalone has had any information as to whether or not it would have lower or higher requirements, I currently play DayZ at 10-16 FPS.

• Like 1

You PLAY at 10-16?

Maybe I have higher standards, but i'd be throwing that pc in the trash lol. If I don't get a minimum of 30 FPS in a game I won't play it. Screen jitter is horrible imo

10-16 fps is not actually playing, thats performing in a live slideshow.

• Like 2

10-16? Holy mother of God! That's basically like reading a book. I can guarantee you that how ever well optimised the SA is, your FPS will still need some attention.

• Like 2

10-16 thats how many jameson's deep I am before getting behind the wheel of my hippie van for you the crash will show up a week later

• Like 1

It will run better, and have lower requirements.

You PLAY at 10-16?

Maybe I have higher standards, but i'd be throwing that pc in the trash lol. If I don't get a minimum of 30 FPS in a game I won't play it. Screen jitter is horrible imo

Fun fact: Back in may I played DayZ at a varying 17-22 FPS. Currently I play it at around 45-60 FPS, nothing has changed with my computer or settings since then. Arma 2 / DayZ is just terribly optimized.

It will run better, and have lower requirements.

Fun fact: Back in may I played DayZ at a varying 17-22 FPS. Currently I play it at around 45-60 FPS, nothing has changed with my computer or settings since then. Arma 2 / DayZ is just terribly optimized.

Well I can run Bf3 on max settings but when I try to run Arma 2 on max, It's like a slideshow.

My old rig sometimes throws me into those ranges! God I can't wait to rip her guts out for a young model! She is still pretty to look at but her under the hood parts! Eeeeew!

I usually don't whine about FPS, but if you don't have 100+ fps in ArmA2, you are fucked. I play on all lowest and get 100 fps.

Edited by Sutinen

It's been rumored that the standalone will require at least 32 GB of RAM to run.

I usually don't whine about FPS, but if you don't have 100+ fps in ArmA2, you are fucked. I play on all lowest and get 100 fps.

...anything above 60 and you're not going to see a huge difference. 100+ lolwut.

Unless you aren't cereal, that is.

Edited by Zexis

It's been rumored that the standalone will require at least 32 GB of RAM to run.

...anything above 60 and you're not going to see a huge difference. 100+ lolwut.

Unless you aren't cereal, that is.

I know it sounds ridiculous, I usually have around 40-50 fps in games, but in ArmA 2 it gets choppy as fuck at those framerates.

My old rig sometimes throws me into those ranges! God I can't wait to rip her guts out for a young model! She is still pretty to look at but her under the hood parts! Eeeeew!

Oh god i know the feeling. <_<

alot is down to the server you on !

but 16 fps are you playing on a calculator ?

standalone will be pretty much the same performance . maybe a little more optimized.

you really want a fast cpu for arma games. i wouldnt play it on anything less than a quadcore cpu tbh.

I have nothing to offer this thread other than my sympathy for the OP. My only hope is you get a new rig before the SA is released.

May your higher power have mercy on your current rig.