rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

Well after having played a couple of hours to the new update I can only say that Rocket has again hit the mark.

So far Chernarus move was easy if you knew the mechanics. You spent unnoticed if you walked crouched or walking slowly and completely invisible if you were going to crawl though you were in the middle of a road with no cover or any shade near being surrounded within 10 meters. Login to plunder a village was a snap.

The biggest problem, what more to worry and be careful were the bandits. And there I think the main problem lay DayZ. Chernogost or Elektro was like the Wild West. Shooting everywhere, bandits with sniper towers ... The same happened in airports, military camps or in other cities with good loot. The greatest danger: other players. And we're playing a game of Zombies gentlemen. They should be the major threat.

Now it has changed. Do not pound on foot lying or crouching go. Almost always have a line of sight unless you're inside a building (you can see through the windows) or covered by a wall, a tree or a fence.

This forces you to go with much more care and use objects that were leaving to appear before useless. As the empty cans. Which have become an essential element to carry. The noise made by falling alert and attracts nearby zombies, this is almost all we know, but now takes on far greater importance. I've had to use 4 zombies to get stuck inside a building which wanted loot. Not to be born in, but if the last time you see or hear you are in X place, will go to there and start looking for you.

If you lose you are hovering over the area. The same happens when you pursue, if you rush to run into a forest and you weaving through the trees just losing. See you leave and when they are left standing looking around looking for you you're already too far away to hear you. Luckily we have not yet reached us not get tired running and although things will change in the future xD insurance.

Born without arms, food and drink

Sounds like a great idea. Before you were born equipped with a Makarov, spare boots, bandages, morphine, painkillers, water, food ... In short: almost fully equipped to jump into the adventure, go inland to see that you found trying to avoid places with great villain. With a choice between doing that or go directly to a big city like Cherno or elektro, quickly equip with better weapons and dedicate to kill other players or... go to another town to better equip.

Not anymore. Now the first thing to do is go into the first shack of shit you see in the hope of finding food, drink and hopefully a gun. What about zombies? Plan well your movements, monitor their own, using the cans ... etc.

On the issue of subdivision have improved a lot. Now find easily in any hut the knife, matches, map, ax ... etc. Weapons and food too. All in more quantity and better. For example, in the same building near a factory I found 2 coils for wire beams and 2 anti-tank locks. Things that had never encountered before in the game. Now they say that work tents, hopefully with reason.

On the subject of the vehicles I've also read that this fixed. It is assumed that all spawnean properly, boats, buses, helicopters, etc ... Perhaps this is the cause that at some times and in seconds they go pretty low server fps.

Pd. Hint: Entering the oldest servers. As UK6, UK9, EU10 ... which yet I have seen sound longer. It seems that the newer servers have not yet managed to successfully upgrade to the new version. I UK9 playing UK6 and I have not noticed anything strange in the behavior of the zombies. Green or respawn back being glued to you, hurt you through the walls or the like.

If you get a message saying that you should download this file and your version is 1.7.1 but the server is 1.7 even though it appears in the same name that is already updated this is due to the server.

I'm getting Bad Version, Server refuse to connect.

Is that hard for someone put a Tutorial "How the hell i install the Beta?"

LOL. So much of those delicious tears. I hope the only two bugs of this patch are infinite zombies and ridiculous eagle vision. I would prefer slightly lower distance for zombies to see you - or just to be able to stay in cover from bushes' date=' trees and high grass. Otherwise - update is great. Zombie survival with pvp, not CoD with zombies.

Thanks, rocket, you made my day.

[/quote']

Fully Agree

someone wrote something about (cant find the post atm) "your chasing your CUSTOMERS away". at this stage, we are NOT costumers, we are TESTERS. at this point we are all Game- Tester who dont get any money for their testing. Because of that, you can stop testing and wait until the game goes gold or deal with the troubles of beeing a game-tester.

I am a customer. I pay for a server.

"Actually... we are customers as a lot of people bought Combined Ops because of Day Z."

Lol... yes and Bohemia interactive reverse all the cash benefit to rocket and his team! I heard he will buy Microsoft and Google tomorrow.

Please stop trolling' date=' or pls just think a bit before write some stupid things like this.

[/quote']

Yep.. trolling.. stupid post uh huh. That's why Combined Ops shot up the Steam Sales Charts once Day Z... got a bit better known... Had nothing to do with Day Z.. right. Keep deluding yourself. It didn't happen because Arma II is such an amazing game by itself.

It happened BECAUSE of Day Z. That makes everyone that bought the game to play the mod a.... wait for it... CUSTOMER.

Get over yourself and refute it with actual intelligent points rather than your mindless accusation of "stupid things".

You absolute retard. Please step off a tall cliff.

I'm getting Bad Version, Server refuse to connect.

We don't want another CoD' date=' but at the same time the game needs to appeal to the average gamer because that's who your customers are[/quote']

There's your problem. The average hardcore gamer these days IS a CoD player. The average gamer in general doesn't even play PC games, he (or, more likely, she) plays games on a cell phone or on Faecesbook.

If you want mass market appeal, you have to pull in the attention span deficit kiddies, and that means deathmatch mode. If you want to make something good, you need to focus on a smaller subset of the population, which is what Rocket is doing.

just got done with a good hour and a half of 1.7.1, and just wanted to pop in here and say how amazing it is. YES the zeds can now see like hawks in some instances, but guess what that means? BE MORE FUCKING CAREFUL AROUND ZED! i have zero complaints with this update. It adds to the fear people SHOULD be having of zed, AND other players. its the end of the world people. its not supposed to be easy. *two thumbs up*

How come I ALWAYS get a NEW spawn everytime I join a server? Well, when I finally get on a server that is...

Ideally for me the zombie behaviour should be like this:

-Zombies should not be able to spawn within about 200 hundred meters of players. This would also make it possible to clear out towns and parts of cities and hold them as a sort of base and safe zone for fellow survivors.

-Zombies should also spawn in longer intervals, say every 20 mins. A player could come across a town empty of zombies which would notify them of the risk that there could be other players nearby

-Zombies should run in straight lines towards you, not zig-zag all over the place

Too make up for these changes which you could argue make zombies less dangerous I reckon zombies should be made much more unpredictable as a threat

-There should be roaming hordes of zombies, say 10-30 of them in size, that travel randomly across the map. This would make zombies a threat out in the wilderness as well as in the predetermined spawn areas

-Some zombies should be stealthy. Zombies that are quiet and stick to corners, alleys, doorways, ect. that a player could run into without seeing or hearing them first

-Also zombies that can play dead. Some should spawn as what appear to be corpses, but jump up and attack any player that comes close. Zombies should have a chance of appearing to die when they get to a low amount of health, but like above, jump up when a player comes near. This would make players much more cautious of corpses, worrying if they're dead or not

-Zombies should be more lethal when they actually reach you. Maybe they could have attacks that knock you down onto the floor, and it takes a short amount of time to get back up

I'm getting Bad Version' date=' Server refuse to connect.

[/quote']

there are beta installation guides all over this forum. look for them.

also it is not hard to hide from the zeds. i run around a house and stop in the shadow in a corner, and they cant figure out where i went. they look around for a bit, then sometimes even forget they saw me and shamble away.

Yep.. trolling.. stupid post uh huh. That's why Combined Ops shot up the Steam Sales Charts once Day Z... got a bit better known... Had nothing to do with Day Z.. right. Keep deluding yourself. It didn't happen because Arma II is such an amazing game by itself.

It happened BECAUSE of Day Z. That makes everyone that bought the game to play the mod a.... wait for it... CUSTOMER.

Get over yourself and refute it with actual intelligent points rather than your mindless accusation of "stupid things".

DayZ being a mod for Arma 2 CO, did bring new customers to BI, But we are only customers of BI, not the DayZ team. there hasn't been any exchange of money between you, me or anyone here and the DayZ team(at least not for a product, donations maybe but those don't count).

So no, we aren't customers and the DayZ team doesn't owe anyone anything for buying Arma 2 CO.

Is that better? Or am I wasting keystrokes?

We don't want another CoD' date=' but at the same time the game needs to appeal to the average gamer because that's who your customers are[/quote']

There's your problem. The average hardcore gamer these days IS a CoD player. The average gamer in general doesn't even play PC games, he (or, more likely, she) plays games on a cell phone or on Faecesbook.

If you want mass market appeal, you have to pull in the attention span deficit kiddies, and that means deathmatch mode. If you want to make something good, you need to focus on a smaller subset of the population, which is what Rocket is doing.

What? First off, I didn't say it that. I simply said I agreed with the overall post. The average gamer is NOT a CoD player. 20% of the market is made up of CoD. The other 80%? Everyone else. The average gamer is not a casual player. I am not a casual player. No one on the this mod is likely to be a casual player. If the complaints and pros are 50/50 when it comes to a game, chances are high you want to change it. I'm not saying return the game back to 1.7, but at least reduce the likelihood of bleeding out or going unconscious. I'm fine with the damage, but bleeding out ever time I get attack sucks. Then there is the fact the zombies run too freaking fast, so fast you don't even hear them till they are right next to you.

This game is not suppose to be Demon Souls, it's suppose to be a game where long-term survival is possible, but difficult to achieve. Not impossible. Rocket has stated he would love to promote community building, but it's nearly impossible with this new patch. I shudder to think what it would be like to try and move a group of people around zombies at the NW airfield. Nearly impossible.

Tell you what, what are the good things about this update? Everyone that says this update is great doesn't have very many reasons. So bring them up people. I'm sure all of us "whinners" would love to tell you what we think of your ideas, since you seem to not present them.

I liked playing DayZ. I have issue with 1.7.1 I am very patient, but I don't see the point in a simulator that simulates laying prone on the ground and hoping a zombie doesn't see you for hours on end.

If the point to the mod is to make casual hardcore players leave, then you have done a great job. Not all of us have 8 hours straight to spend the time to infiltrate 1 building for a can of beans.

The return on investment for time (fun per unit time) shot down with 1.7 -> 1.7.1

Yep, let us all know when the tedium has been reduced.

fuck this update. its broken' date=' you can't hide from zombies, they can still hit you through walls, if you spawn in kamenka the game is basically unplayable due to the fact that you don;t even spawn with a makrov now.

fuck this gay earth

[/quote']

Oh how I lol'd. :D

Oh yeah baby. How I lol'd as well.

"Fuck this gay earth". Really ?

Don't like the mod ? Feel free to stop, never come back, and have a nice life on your own tiny bit of gay-free paradise !

I personally won't miss you much, the less "14 years old badasses" around, the happier I am. Sorry if was dead wrong with my age guess.

Indeed, sorry I would be, as if you are any older, then it's even worse than I thought.

DayZ being a mod for Arma 2 CO' date=' did bring new customers to BI, But we are only customers of BI, not the DayZ team. there hasn't been any exchange of money between you, me or anyone here and the DayZ team(at least not for a product, donations maybe but those don't count).

So no, we aren't customers and the DayZ team doesn't owe anyone anything for buying Arma 2 CO.

Is that better? Or am I wasting keystrokes?

[/quote']

Sadly this is true. I wish BI would just pay Rocket more for this mod. It added 20% more sales to Arma 2 overall. That's huge.

fuck this update. its broken' date=' you can't hide from zombies, they can still hit you through walls, if you spawn in kamenka the game is basically unplayable due to the fact that you don;t even spawn with a makrov now.

fuck this gay earth

[/quote']

Don't like the mod ? Feel free to stop, never come back, and have a nice life on your own tiny bit of gay-free paradise !

I personally won't miss you much, the less "14 years old badasses" around, the happier I am. Sorry if was dead wrong with my age guess.

Indeed, sorry I would be, as if you are any older, then it's even worse than I thought.

i think you age guess was too high. 701-july 2001. hell turn 11 in a couple o'weeks!

I would LOVE to experience the amount of rape contained within this patch, but alas; there is nary a single zombie to been seen for me :(

I would LOVE to experience the amount of rape contained within this patch' date=' but alas; there is nary a single zombie to been seen for me :(

[/quote']

That sounds like a server side issue.

What? First off, I didn't say it that. I simply said I agreed with the overall post. The average gamer is NOT a CoD player. 20% of the market is made up of CoD. The other 80%? Everyone else. The average gamer is not a casual player. I am not a casual player. No one on the this mod is likely to be a casual player. If the complaints and pros are 50/50 when it comes to a game, chances are high you want to change it. I'm not saying return the game back to 1.7, but at least reduce the likelihood of bleeding out or going unconscious. I'm fine with the damage, but bleeding out ever time I get attack sucks. Then there is the fact the zombies run too freaking fast, so fast you don't even hear them till they are right next to you.

This game is not suppose to be Demon Souls, it's suppose to be a game where long-term survival is possible, but difficult to achieve. Not impossible. Rocket has stated he would love to promote community building, but it's nearly impossible with this new patch. I shudder to think what it would be like to try and move a group of people around zombies at the NW airfield. Nearly impossible.

Tell you what, what are the good things about this update? Everyone that says this update is great doesn't have very many reasons. So bring them up people. I'm sure all of us "whinners" would love to tell you what we think of your ideas, since you seem to not present them.

Not even close to impossible. Stop shouting statements like they're facts.. they're only your opinion. I don't feel it's difficult to survive at all.. and FAR from "nearly impossible". Those who constantly die with the changes are just impatient.. thats all.

So far I only died once and quickly learned my lesson. It's easy to get away from the zeds now and the few bugs have already been identified.

We don't need to state tons of good reasons.. all of the reasons it was good before are still there. The few changes that make it great now are the zeds behaviour, line-of-site, no starting weapon etc.. few bugs sure but it's alpha. Stop speaking like everyone agrees with you..

From what I've been reading it's pretty split down the middle on who does and doesn't love the changes. Give it a chance and time.. he doesn't have to please everyone with every change. Go play it or don't.. and see how it evolves as we go. I'm sure Rocket is going to monitor feedback very closely.

IN the meantime, I love the changes.. some agree some don't. It's not like I'm entitled to the exact game I want and neither is anyone else. Just play the game or don't.

Well my buddy was on the same server with the same BETA patch and 1.7.1 (else he couldn't connect!) and he saw legions of zombies swarming around him when he was stood next to me.

I saw nothing except him falling over dead.

fuck this gay earth

[/quote']

Agreed. You can hide from zombies just fine.. man people are so impatient to adapt to changes. It's not that hard..

I am not a casual player.
Indeed you are.
but at least reduce the likelihood of bleeding out or going unconscious.
So, make it easier for carebears like you to play? LOL.
I'm fine with the damage, but bleeding out ever time I get attack sucks.
That's why you are casual, my CoD friend.
I shudder to think what it would be like to try and move a group of people around zombies at the NW airfield. Nearly impossible.
Oh, i'm sooo sorry, carebear, that ir's hard to go loot those delicious barracks.

As a conclusion - please, die.

Alright, I'm really digging where rocket is going with this patch. At first, I hated the idea of spawning without a gun but, after thinking about it more, I love it. I actually can't wait to die so that I can try it out (although I'd rather not because I just got my first m1014. Yes, I'm new.)

However, I feel he (you, if you read this) kind of overshot the target with the update. So far, it seems way too easy to hide and way to hard not to get seen. Instead of hiding being a tool for me to use if I get seen, it's become what I have to rely on in order to survive. I agree that the zed vision should've been increased, as being able to crouch-walk by them at a distance of, like, 10 feet felt ridiculous. Now, however, they definitely seem overpowered in their ability to spot me.

I guess that it depends on how you view the game. I always thought of DayZ as more of a PvP game than a zombie-survival game. The survival sim was always there, and made it extremely special, but it was the interactions with other players that truly made the game special. Zombies were like walking, spawning landmines and obstacles- an amazing way to spice up getting what you needed to interact with other players, whether it be getting guns to fight them with, food/meds to share and team up with, or anything else that you needed. Even playing solo, the zombies always felt like more of a gameplay mechanic and the other players- those shots in the nearby town, or the ever-present feeling of being watched- were the real threat that I was preparing for.

Now, however, the zombies feel more like the focal point of the game. They feel like the real enemy and the main focus of all my efforts. I dunno whether that's a bad or a good thing, but I personally preferred how it was in 1.7.0.

I also feel like the two "phases" of zombie were what made them so scary. You could get close to them (albeit, too close for what you were aiming for) and sneak around them like they were lumbering idiots- because they were. However, whenever you were prone 5-feet away from that lumbering idiot, you knew that one wrong-move could turn it into a sprinting, terrifying threat. Now that they're constantly super-sensed and fast, it kind of loses that feel to me. I dunno, it's just my opinion.