rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

Just another person chiming in that the game is now as good as unplayable.

An old saying comes to mind "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I don't remember reading 100's of people complaining about the zombie view distance. NOW I do though.

Maybe thats the way to get things changed, mention everything ACCEPT the thing you actually want changed and that is what will be "fixed".?

Also LOS dosen't seem to apply with trees and bushes I take it?

Here's looking fwd to 1.7.2...........

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage' date=' painkillers, and a torch.[/quote']

Here's what we can surely expect from this little gem...

-It will turn away a larger percentage of new players right off the bat due to the now-harder difficulty level at the beginning.

-It will turn away a larger percentage of players that are finally able to reach one of the coastal cities once they realize they just wasted all that time running from zombies only to be introduced to the now-increased bean bandit activity. You think elektro and cherno are bad now?

-No morphine in your startup kit anymore? EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME WILL BREAK YOUR LEG. Walk up some steps and break your leg. Bump in to a tree or bush and break your leg. Brush by another player and break your leg. Fall two and a half inches and break your leg. Zombie swings at you and breaks your leg. Solid idea on removing that morphine.

-As mentioned above there will be an increase in bandits...and that's an understatement. EVERYONE now has a reason to kill everyone else.

-You took away from the noobs trying to learn the game and gave to the veterans that know the game. Our playstyle won't change except for the fact we now have more reason to kill someone else.

We don't want another CoD, but at the same time the game needs to appeal to the average gamer because that's who your customers are(and I'm not talking about those 40 year olds still living with 'ma that think they're zombie apoc pros and the only ones entitled to an opinion regarding this mod). There's a difference between achieving your desired goal with dayz and making it so difficult that the average person won't want to play. I wouldn't even classify this as Nintendo-Hard, more like just-plain-stupid.

This update would be infinitely more acceptable if we had MELEE. Say it with me...M-E-L-E-E. You want realism right? That's why you added this update right? If this is supposed to be real then why can't we use a knife, hatchet, or our fists as weapons?

You have to give people a reason to play and a reason to stay. You have to appeal to the average gamer because they are what make up a majority of your playerbase. This game is hard enough as it is to learn for a noob and you just made it harder. Those of us that know how to play aren't really affected because we know the map, we know where the loot is, and we now have more reasons to kill others.

I know why you added this update and I don't disagree with your reasoning at all, but from a developer's standpoint all you're doing is cutting your own throats with this one. IMHO this was a bad move.

In before the QQ, nerdrage, and failtrolling from the usual mouth-breathing, basement-dwelling, rocket leg-humpers - "herp derp u no like dayz then u no play, may-b u shud play fps u CoD kiddie!!!11oneone!!"

Eta: Lol @ anyone dense enough to think this update takes from PVP and adds to realism/survivalism. It adds to both but PVP will benefit most. You think PVP is bad now just wait until all the new bugs are fixed and people are able to play again. I bet if I asked you what a window tasted like you could tell me.

Clusterfook but still awesome lol

Zombie spawn rate is just stupid though. Can't even clear an area...I have no problem killing loads of zombies but I wasn't aware that this was CoD Zombie Mode. Get to barn and shoot wave after wave after wave of zombie.

Just another person chiming in that the game is now as good as unplayable.

An old saying comes to mind "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I don't remember reading 100's of people complaining about the zombie view distance. NOW I do though.

Maybe thats the way to get things changed' date=' mention everything ACCEPT the thing you actually want changed and that is what will be "fixed".?

Also LOS dosen't seem to apply with trees and bushes I take it?

Here's looking fwd to 1.7.2...........

[/quote']

I agree completely. I really loved how the game was in 1.7 and earlier, but 1.7.1 really destroyed my experience. I can no longer walk through towns without being afraid of losing all my gear even though theres only a few zombies.

I loved how in the older patches the game wasn't all about killing zombies, it was about PvP and survival with zombies being an extra aspect to it. Now you'd be more afraid of a zombie than a player, which in my opinion isn't very fun. I dont like games that uses the AI to challenge you, it should be more other players.

Zombies should NOT spawn in an area I'd personally put at 150/200m to allow full clearance and holding of an area.

Me and a friend wanted to hold a town or small house as our base then rescue people but constant zombie pops close to us make it too dangerous and ammo thirsty.

The new AI is alot better, just need to make the zombies slightly slower and more consistent. If zombies can spawn inside of the noise and vision radius of most normal weapons/sounds then it will result in constant surprise attacks, thus making the scouting out of a town from afar far less beneficial and the game more unrealistic.

Aside from that, I like the new starting items but you kinda need to make the Makarov a bit more common OR have more ammo dropping from zombies. Lets say 10 rounds per clip, 10 headshots = perfect ammo/dead zed ratio in terms of efficiency.

Set the spawning of a basic Makarov clip on a zombie to be on average every 9th zombie. Math = good!

I think the flashlight should be in the same area that the compass,knife, etc are in. That would make a bit more sense as it's a utility item. However, when it's used it should be out front. IE: A person should still be able to carry it, have their two guns out and not be able to use the flashlight without putting them away to take it out.

this update is broken .. we took our server down because we didnt want people losing everything, and listen to people pissed off .. the concept and changes were ok they just didnt work. spawning in strange areas, massive zombie hordes and respawns, for some reason the debug monitor is gone,, cant see yourself in 3rd person, its a mess... we are trying to figure out a way to reroll to 1.7.. there is just way to many bugs and glitches not only gameplay but coding.

Zombies should NOT spawn in an area I'd personally put at 150/200m to allow full clearance and holding of an area.

Me and a friend wanted to hold a town or small house as our base then rescue people but constant zombie pops close to us make it too dangerous and ammo thirsty.

The new AI is alot better' date=' just need to make the zombies slightly slower and more consistent. If zombies can spawn inside of the noise and vision radius of most normal weapons/sounds then it will result in constant surprise attacks, thus making the scouting out of a town from afar far less beneficial and the game more unrealistic.

Aside from that, I like the new starting items but you kinda need to make the Makarov a bit more common OR have more ammo dropping from zombies. Lets say 10 rounds per clip, 10 headshots = perfect ammo/dead zed ratio in terms of efficiency.

Set the spawning of a basic Makarov clip on a zombie to be on average every 9th zombie. Math = good!

[/quote']

I absolutely concur.

I could be wrong gais but didn't Rocket say the update failed to work, and will need an hotfix? dont want to be a smartypants but addressing the zombie flood has been done hundreds of times now..

Zombies are really bugged now, hypersensitive trough walls, cant crawl by them, monkey zombies are freaky as fuck in a bad way, and 1 zombie can fuck your day by knocking you out cold and lure all nearby ones to you

By all means toughen up the zombies but at least allow me to block, dodge & hit back, if the mechanics aren't there then don't toughen them up.

And zombies need to carry loot of all kinds or is it part of the virus to throw all more useful stuff away?

I like 1.7.1 so far. People are teaming up again!

I fear if changes are made they will be in the wrong areas (again).

Keep the lack of weapons etc but revert back to being able to succesfully navigate around zombies by crouching/prone - Zeds are theoretically impaired from a virus so lets pretend it also effects hearing and sight (auditory & visual hallucinations) its feasable to me therefore there was no need to boost view distance, I assume it was only view distance but i've a feeling something else has changed as well. (Atm they seem to be near superhuman not as the commonly accepted notion of zombies being subhuman.)

Anyone know?

Had just a great moment. Bump into a player who was armed , I wasn't. He killed a few Zeds in the area and I asked if he needed anything. He was low on food. I gave 2 of my 3 cans of food. Turns out he needed a blood transfusion- using his blood pack. He asked if I needed anything. I told him I was good. Then I sign out since I had to do so things around the house. We parted on our ways.

Finding more players willing to talk verse shoot first.

Loving the patch with new or lack of starting gear!

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage' date=' painkillers, and a torch.[/quote']

-It will turn away a larger percentage of new players right off the bat due to the now-harder difficulty level at the beginning.

-It will turn away a larger percentage of players that are finally able to reach one of the coastal cities once they realize they just wasted all that time running from zombies only to be introduced to the now-increased bean bandit activity. You think elektro and cherno are bad now?

-No morphine in your startup kit anymore? EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME WILL BREAK YOUR LEG. Walk up some steps and break your leg. Bump in to a tree or bush and break your leg. Brush by another player and break your leg. Fall two and a half inches and break your leg. Zombie swings at you and breaks your leg. Solid idea on removing that morphine.

-As mentioned above there will be an increase in bandits...and that's an understatement. EVERYONE now has a reason to kill everyone else.

-You took away from the noobs trying to learn the game and gave to the veterans that know the game. Our playstyle won't change except for the fact we now have more reason to kill someone else.

We don't want another CoD, but at the same time the game needs to appeal to the average gamer because that's who your customers are(and I'm not talking about those 40 year olds still living with 'ma that think they're zombie apoc pros and the only ones entitled to an opinion regarding this mod). There's a difference between achieving your desired goal with dayz and making it so difficult that the average person won't want to play. I wouldn't even classify this as Nintendo-Hard, more like just-plain-stupid.

This update would be infinitely more acceptable if we had MELEE. Say it with me...M-E-L-E-E. You want realism right? That's why you added this update right? If this is supposed to be real then why can't we use a knife, hatchet, or our fists as weapons?

You have to give people a reason to play and a reason to stay. You have to appeal to the average gamer because they are what make up a majority of your playerbase. This game is hard enough as it is to learn for a noob and you just made it harder. Those of us that know how to play aren't really affected because we know the map, we know where the loot is, and we now have more reasons to kill others.

I know why you added this update and I don't disagree with your reasoning at all, but from a developer's standpoint all you're doing is cutting your own throats with this one. IMHO this was a bad move.

In before the QQ, nerdrage, and failtrolling from the usual mouth-breathing, basement-dwelling, rocket leg-humpers - "herp derp u no like dayz then u no play, may-b u shud play fps u CoD kiddie!!!11oneone!!"

Eta: Lol @ anyone dense enough to think this update takes from PVP and adds to realism/survivalism. It adds to both but PVP will benefit most. You think PVP is bad now just wait until all the new bugs are fixed and people are able to play again. I bet if I asked you what a window tasted like you could tell me.

legit arguments but the way you present your case - with an aggressive and arrogant tone - makes one believe you are... yep.. exactly.. on of those "40 year olds still living with 'ma that think they're zombie apoc pros and the only ones entitled to an opinion regarding this mod" .

that's humor right there Hoss :)

Love the new changes, aside from the FPS issue.. but that's been identified already. :)

The game feels way more intense now and a lot more about true survival. The zombies are insane, but i like that i can get away even without shooting now.

Great changes. Also props for fixing vehicles.. I found a working tractor last night, was super fun.. until I love taped a tree and it exploded hahaha.

the zombies spawning way to fast, you have no chance against them with a primary weapon.

you shoot all zombies, but befor you got the last zombies new zombies are spawning, and thats all the time. kinda unrealistic.

So while prone how close can you actually get to a zombie now?

I think the flashlight should be in the same area that the compass' date='knife, etc are in. That would make a bit more sense as it's a utility item. However, when it's used it should be out front. IE: A person should still be able to carry it, have their two guns out and not be able to use the flashlight without putting them away to take it out.

[/quote']

+1

The new AI is alot better' date=' just need to make the zombies slightly slower and more consistent. If zombies can spawn inside of the noise and vision radius of most normal weapons/sounds then it will result in constant surprise attacks, thus making the scouting out of a town from afar far less beneficial and the game more unrealistic.

[/quote']

I absolutely concur.

legit arguments but the way you present your case - with an aggressive and arrogant tone - makes one believe you are... yep.. exactly.. on of those "40 year olds still living with 'ma that think they're zombie apoc pros and the only ones entitled to an opinion regarding this mod" .

that's humor right there Hoss :)

shut up.