Doom Guy

If Rocket doesn't include this feature, I will hunt him down.

Cannibalism is something usually done out of desperation but we know players will simply use it as another reason to kill a player or get a few extra points to their blood.

Cannibalism needs to have a heavy penalty like getting a disease

Example:

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder (brain disease) that was probably transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism. Kuru is a Fore word that means 'to shake' People with Kuru tremble and shake"

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Cannibalism

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder that is a type of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, caused by a prion found in humans.[1] The term "kuru" derives from the Fore word "kuria/guria" ("to shake"),[2] a reference to the body tremors that are a classic symptom of the disease; it is also known among the Fore as the laughing sickness due to the pathologic bursts of laughter people would display when afflicted with the disease. It is now widely accepted that Kuru was transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism.[3]"

So if DayZ had Cannibalism there could a virus meter/number count of pathogen. When this numbers get to a certain count you start to get Kuru, which you can't cure. the shakes would be every so many minutes but heating human flesh to many times = constant tremors.

This means players would only do this- only when they are actually starving.

Edited by logan23
  • Like 3

Cannibalism is something usually done out of desperation but we know players will simply use it as another reason to kill a player or get a few extra points to their blood.

Example:

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder (brain disease) that was probably transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism. Kuru is a Fore word that means 'to shake' People with Kuru tremble and shake"

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Cannibalism

"Kuru is an incurable degenerative neurological disorder that is a type of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, caused by a prion found in humans.[1] The term "kuru" derives from the Fore word "kuria/guria" ("to shake"),[2] a reference to the body tremors that are a classic symptom of the disease; it is also known among the Fore as the laughing sickness due to the pathologic bursts of laughter people would display when afflicted with the disease. It is now widely accepted that Kuru was transmitted among members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea via cannibalism.[3]"

So if DayZ had Cannibalism there could a virus meter/number count of pathogen. When this numbers get to a certain count you start to get Kuru, which you can't cure. the shakes would be every so many minutes but heating human flesh to many times = constant tremors.

This means players would only do this- only when they are actually starving.

What in the name of christ is that unholy mess?

Exactly! Imagine walking through the woods, and a group of players invite you to your camp at night. Once there, you're relaxing, and you ask to grab a gun, and they allow you to. When you check one of the tents, it is filled to the brim with human flesh, raw and cooked. You gasp in horror, spin around, only to see them standing behind you with hatchets. Then you get murdered..

I remember the early days with a particular group of bandits who kidnapped players and took them to the woods where they broke bones around the campfire. They would then heal and continually break bones, bleed players and heal again! This went on continuously until players logged off only to be met with the same fate again!

DC can find players very easily!

Picture this:

You come across a backpack in a house... open it... and find human meat steaks.

Then you hear footsteps....

I would piss on myself and run away!

Cannibalism could increase the scary factor by 10x if you find human steaks and footsteps...

and for the disease, just cook the meat and it should be fine.

but we know players will simply use it as another reason to kill a player or get a few extra points to their blood.

Sounds good, -800 blood for eating cock!

• Like 2

This is a good suggestion, but I think the game should only allow you to eat another player if you are in a starvation mode. In a realistic setting, you would probably not eat another body unless you absolutely HAD to, to survive.

Once you get down to a low food level and maybe right before you start to "die" out, you have the option to eat another body.

hi,

Picture this:

Picture this:

You are with your friend and you are both dying of starvation.

Then you start to look each other...

That boy needs a therapy :huh:

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

As long as the risks (disease) make it something you would only try out of despracy then It'd be great. Without the disease aspect, other players will just turn into walking lumps of meat to most people.

• Like 1

Nonomnom.

I'd like this option but only once the disease aspect is fully introduced.

Fraggle shoots, skins and eats Derpy_Hooves

More news at 10

(OK all in fun)

• Like 1

Picture this:

Does this make anyone else think of Hetstaine or is it just me? :P :P

Doom guy you got my beans for the avalanches. You sure know your classics ; )

And for your proposition.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes !

It would bring a lot to the game without denaturating it.

Edited by Drakan

You do realise that eating human flesh gives you the shakes - no painkillers will cure that.

Tell you what, you eat the soiled, filthy survivor you just killed, i'll just eat the cows, sheep, goats, boars and bunnies that are in plentiful supply.

As an option though - why not?

• Like 1

i think rocket was going for a "the road" approach to the apocalypse... so i think you will get your wish OP.

I'm not sure if this was posted before or after my "Heroes and Bandits" thread.

But yeah something like this could definitely be tied to the humanity system. I mean once you've lost enough humanity, its safe to say you only look at other people as walking piles of resources anyway. This just adds one more resource.

You do realise that eating human flesh gives you the shakes - no painkillers will cure that.

Tell you what, you eat the soiled, filthy survivor you just killed, i'll just eat the cows, sheep, goats, boars and bunnies that are in plentiful supply.

As an option though - why not?

Gives you the shakes? I'll cook it well first and serve it with flava beans and a nice glass of Chianti.

When these topics surface, where the authors demand cannibalism, rape, ability to murder children in game, they always makes me wonder if they live anywhere near me and if I should acquire a heavy firearm for personal protection.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Getting the shakes seems an adequate enough punishment. I wonder if it'd be possible for players to see a potential cannibal's hands shaking. Players who can feed themselves would only do it for novelty purposes, and to a great cost.

There is a feature I have wanted in Day Z for a while, and I think it would be fucking metal. What is this feature you ask? Cannibalism. Yes. Cannibalism. I want to defeat an opponent, and consume his flesh while uttering a might war cry. I want to run around with an ax, and slaughter and eat my enemies. It would be so much fun, and I just think it should be added. This IS realism is it not, undoubtedly, in the apocalypse there would be acts of cannibalism.

Fund it.

..And if a player eats too much food in a short period (ie - bad players who get hit alot so need to eat alot) he/she gets fatter and runs slower and if killed and eaten by another player the body provides more meat (chicken steaks cos thats what humans taste of) the fatter he/she is :)

zombieland_sequels.jpg

Edited by jaytmuk

If they did implement cannabalism, it would be cool if they added another level of humanity.

Perhaps being under -50k humanity turns you from bandit to savage?

As long as the risks (disease) make it something you would only try out of despracy then It'd be great. Without the disease aspect, other players will just turn into walking lumps of meat to most people.

Agreed.

To the OP:

I suspect he'd be waiting for you, with a bottle of ketchup, and a very sharp knife.

Unless, of course, he's spent the last several months playing in a survivor-universe that you've designed, coded and implemented.

Yours,

AC

(edit, added first line for clarity)

Edited by AIRCAV

The shakes is a good idea but I think it only occurs when you consume parts from nervous systema. (brain and spinal organs).

Off course, correct me if I am mistaking.

But you shouldn't be dyijng as soon as you only consume fresh human meat (not rotten nor close to gutts, not brain or other nerves).

There is something that always retained my attention: A lion can eat your brain but won't fall sick, but if a human does, he will develop the shaking.

Looks like nature decided that..

I am posting a suggestion with Fatter thiner / taller and smaller players. It must be done.

EDIT: negative, already too many suggestions with this feature

Edited by Drakan
  • Like 1