rocket

Post Spawn Loot Comments here ONLY

I don't actually mind not spawning with anything because with the upcoming mechanics zombies wont hit through walls and you can actually lose them, so with a bit of trial and error from some complete nooby its doable.

also the problem with all this deathmatch nonsense is precisely because everyone starts with a gun, if ppl don't have access to guns right at the start there is at least a SLIM chance that 2 completely unarmed survivors team up and hunt for weapons together promoting team work more around the coast.

We shouldn't spawn with a backpack too.

I mean, finding your first backpack could be another experience. And we don't really need all those space at start :)

Yes,

Remove all spawning loot / items. Penalize bandits in a non-restrictive way for killing anyone with no items and under a set time from spawning.

I.e. As I mentioned before, add a dishonour kill stat to the debug tab for killing new spawns with no loot, it won't restrict the bandit, but it *will* deny them of bragging rights (screenshots etc will show they killed noobs). Maybe this stat can remain even after re-spawning.

Edit: Once you get the hang of the game you don't need to fire a shot to get geared up.

Worried that reducing spawn rates will cause more people to server hop. If more randomization is added to spawns, this could be prevented.

Starting with nothing at all would be so incredibly epic.

Please try it at least!

It would sure as hell stop people instantly running across the map to their old bodies with no fear of hunger/starvation/bleeding to death from a zombie or two/PvPing other noobs on the beach

Do this and do not turn it back ever.

I'm going to explain this one more time as best I can.

It isn't "authentic/realistic" to spawn without a weapon and some basic supplies. And the reasoning is simple:

The point where one first spawns into the DayZ world is sometime after the infection began, how long we don't know yet because Rocket hasn't told us the back story.

But it is evident from looking around the map, the condition of towns etc. that it has been a few days or weeks since the infection began.

We "survivors" represent the people of Chernarus who did not become infected and we have survived these first few days/weeks with nothing but a bandage, a flashlight and an aspirin? Really? If we were so stupid as to not be able to gather any more supplies than that we would more likely would have ended up a Zed rather than a "survivor".

The very word "survivor" carries the connotation of a resourceful person and a resourceful person would not be wandering around Chernarus with nothing but a bandage, a flashlight and an aspirin!

If the game started out as the infection began it would make sense to start with nothing and start gathering supplies then, but since it starts well after the infection began it makes sense that a "survivor" would already have gathered at least the basics.

And one more thing, once people have gather the basics again they are now going to do everything possible to avoid dying and starting over "naked". That means trust will be at an all time low and PvP at an all time high. Shoot on sight will be the norm. Even more so than it is now.

I feel like the starting load out should reflect one of the following situations.

1. You wake up in the morning to find zombies outside, you don't know what they are but crisis is all around you. You want to get out and go!

-One Food, One Water, That's it.

2. You wake up in the morning and news of the zombie apocalypse is spreading. You have a little bit a of time to prepare, but not much.

-Current load out, with fewer clips of ammunition, and certainly no morphine.

I'm going to explain this one more time as best I can.

It isn't "authentic/realistic" to spawn without a weapon and some basic supplies. And the reasoning is simple:

The point where one first spawns into the DayZ world is sometime after the infection began' date=' how long we don't know yet because Rocket hasn't told us the back story.

But it is evident from looking around the map, the condition of towns etc. that it has been a few days or weeks since the infection began.

We "survivors" represent the people of Chernarus who did not become infected and we have survived these first few days/weeks with nothing but a bandage, a flashlight and an aspirin? Really? If we were so stupid as to not be able to gather any more supplies than that we would more likely would have ended up a Zed rather than a "survivor".

The very word "survivor" carries the connotation of a resourceful person and a resourceful person would not be wandering around Chernarus with nothing but a bandage, a flashlight and an aspirin!

If the game started out as the infection began it would make sense to start with nothing and start gathering supplies then, but since it starts well after the infection began it makes sense that a "survivor" would already have gathered at least the basics.

And one more thing, once people have gather the basics again they are now going to do everything possible to avoid dying and starting over "naked". That means trust will be at an all time low and PvP at an all time high. Shoot on sight will be the norm. Even more so than it is now.

[/quote']

Fairly sure survivors are those that are immune to the infection. They only lived because they were lucky.

So now we start days/weeks into the end of the world and don't start with guns... Sorry but this makes no sense to me personally. Who wouldn't have a gun with zombies eating people on day 1?

I just really don't get it, everyone has guns, even poor people have guns.

First 15 spawns: like now

Next 15 spawns: reduced

Subsequent spawns: minimalist

Starting people off with minimalist spawns will be particularly hard on newbies who have no idea where to go or even what buildings have loot.

I actually like this idea or something similar, it kinda(extremely vaguely) creates a safe zone for newbies since experienced people will move off the coast quickly.

Seems to me there are a lot of bandits in this thread giving a positive response to this. They're probably already set up with sniper rifles along ridges to shoot spawned players.

Spawn naked. Then sell secondary ARMA 2 keys for $10 and reap the rewards of everyone wanting to be female.

What about if I add melee?

For new players it will be hard. But veterans just know where to go and get your stuf. Same as above. Don't remember when i last used Makarov. After 4 weeks it's pretty easy just go look your nearest deer stand and get a military rifle. I know... won't be so easy after the patch. And the patch notes are epic btw.

No loot or just some water and foot. It will be even more rewarding to get all the stuf ...and well just survive first 15 mins. Also if you have friends ingame. You can just tell them to bring you some gear to the beach.

EDIT: Melee yea bring it on. I think most of the players want that.

I think that should be in regardless of starting gear.

Actually, start with just a wallet and a random amount of money. No use for the money, of course, but you just have some.

I don't think Melee is going to help with bandits farming kills on the beaches.

That being said I like the idea of melee being in the game. There are LOTS of videos out there about bashing in the heads of zombies.

However, I feel that the zombies as is(I haven't seen them 1.7.1, still waiting for the files to download) moves too erratically for melee to be effective.

So it depends. Is Melee for defense against early zombie attacks? Or for against other players?

This should have been added before removing the starting gear.

[RE:loot]It was much better before. In fact there should be more spots with loot. So much of the map is worthless to even goto.

I like it, so far. I think Melee would make it amazing. If possible; allow the flashlight to be used as a melee weapon. It is pretty big.

It's been intense so far though, I like it. A bit tough at night time.

My only worry is, when it FIRST came up, I saw at least 12 people on a server talking about how they were glad the "newbies couldn't defend themselves" now, as they planned to kill them, for no reason.

Within 5 seconds of jumping into a server I see "I didn't even have a gun you f*****"

Anyways night time is far too dark to play once more. I slink to the shadows to wait to see how things are tomorrow!

Please don't add meelee to this mod. No one is going to meelee a zombie in real life that is running towards them, they will either throw / fire a projectile or run like all hell. The average person is not a battle hardened solider, they WILL run in that situation regardless of how many on here say they won't.

All I can see happening: Thousands of YouTube videos playing Benny hill music of someone running along the beaches meelee'ing new spawns to death. Funny, but starts turning the game more arcade-like.