rocket

Post Spawn Loot Comments here ONLY

Crossbow, Winchester, Lee Enfield - all in one room, in a side room of that long farm bulding with the rusty rails. I personally have nothing against it, just saying, you might not like it or something.

Not only is it more realistic now, but more importantly its also a great mechanic - it gives players more to work for and makes us feel ridiculously vulnerable.

PS: Please add deer stands to the same loot spawn class as the farms, it is far too easy to bounce between stands for high-end weapons. Assume that everyone knows where everything is.

Obvious realism/player-intuition aside, it would be a better mechanic (imho) to force players to go to the high risk military positions for high end gear. As it stands, it is so much easier to loot a deer stand that has a decent chance of spawning an AK74 than it is to loot a barn that will only get you an enfield/winny at best.

Providing a compass on spawn would be appreciated. Fair trade for the weapon, I think.

Not only is it more realistic now' date=' but more importantly its also a great mechanic - it gives players more to work for and makes us feel ridiculously vulnerable.

PS: Please add deer stands to the same loot spawn class as the farms, it is far too easy to bounce between stands for high-end weapons. Assume that everyone knows where everything is.

Obvious realism/player-intuition aside, it would be a better mechanic (imho) to force players to go to the high risk military positions for high end gear. As it stands, it is so much easier to loot a deer stand that has a decent chance of spawning an AK74 than it is to loot a barn that will only get you an enfield/winny at best.

[/quote']

The two spawn points in a deerstand is rarely a huge boon, the numbers on the loot sheet reflect that. There should be a bridge between barn and NW airfield/stary, deerstands are already a wishy washy way of going about that. In my month and change of playing I have gotten a total of 4 nice weapons out of a deerstand and one GPS. I like the idea of not spawning with weapons, but then again I am already experienced at the game, I truly feel for the people who buy arma 2 to play this and don't have any experience under their belt, the learning curve just went vertical.

You could randomize the starting loadout, it's an apocalypse. Something bad happened, people were in stress, grabbed their stuff and somehow some survived.

So, you may spawn with a flashlight, 2 bandages and maybe some flares.

Or, you spawn with only a flashlight and one bandage and a can of coke.

Or, you spawn without a flashlight, but with 2 bandages and can of beans.

Or, you spawn with a Makarov you still had from your service days, but no ammo of course and maybe one bandage.

It may add a bit more fun with different randomized loadouts.

How does loot spawn, anyway?

Is the anti-farming code basically loot only refreshes once a town is completely evacuated plus a km out, otherwise you're lucky or sifting through a person's leftovers? Is it that loot places check for empty piles and select one to refresh every few minutes and skip it if it's already filled?

I've seen evidence of both mechanics, and with loot becoming a truly limited resource, more people will be willing to abuse it with scrubbing tents and doing hit and runs on towns, because the decreased loot spawns will make the mechanics more apparent.

I think it should be delayed a few weeks until enough of the old guard dies that there isn't such a huge gap between the haves and have nots. Otherwise, the ease of clan systems to farm and amass high level gear will completely halt the progression of people new to the game and stifle the community.

To facilitate this, the tent system must be fixed to prevent perpetual stockpile farms. Fix the tent duping bug and delete all tents being stored in tents, most of which are false tents conjured into being by spamming Place tent while you're going through the motions and emptying your magical reservoir of tents into your placed tent while the server catches up on your inputs. All other duping bugs should be locked down as well before the loot nerf goes through.

Spawning with very little, or even nothing is fine from a survival gameplay point of view, however i'm just concerned that it will be open season on newly spawned players and bandits will spawn camp just for the hell of getting their kill score up and griefing other players.

At least when you spawn with a Makarov you have some chance for self defence, and even the most tooled up veteran bandit can be gunned down with a Makarov if hes not careful.

IMO the only way to make it viable is to let new players spawn randomly anywhere on the map, not just the beach. That way there would be no specific place for bandits to camp.

Well I've been playing this for around 1.5 months now and I know the game quite well so I'm no noob anymore but literally 2 minutes after updating to 1.7.1 and playing for my first time, I was killed.

I spawned near where I died and completely forgot I had no weapons and tbh, I was shitting myself. It made me very cautious of what was happening around me but until I got to my body, I was scared.

Unfortunately the guy took my FN FAL but didn't realize I had an M4 CCO in my bag so that was ok, I got all of the essentials back when he was shooting at someone else, camping the hill on Elektro.

I don't see it being very noob friendly at all and all games need noobs, that's how player bases are replenished.

I think maybe if it had maybe a makarov with 2 magazines (not fucking clips, magazines!), would be ok.

Does the makarov even drop? I've seen it so rarely that I always thought it was just left by a fellow player in exchange for a 1911.

Maybe a Makarov' date=' one spare mag, a can of beans, a bottle of water, and a bandage. Let's be honest, weaponless spawns would be awful. What happens if you alert a zed somehow? Just stand there and accept death or run as long as you can? You need some way to defend yourself.

[/quote']

Supposedly you can run away and hide from zeds now, which is what 99% of people would do in real life anyway.

What about if I add melee?

That would help' date=' but personally I'm very much for the weaponless spawn. Preferably with one or two random useful items (knife, watch, matches, compass, map etc), and one 'dose' each of food and water, and probably the basic medical supplies as well (bandage, painkiller, autoinjector).

Sure, it's hard on the newbies, but what have all these new players done for the mod (except of course pay your salary :))? They've turned it into the world's slowest deathmatch game, that's what! Making the player spawn with no weapon will get rid of most of the ADD kids.

Might be a good idea to reinstate the side channel, though, or maybe just make radios that you can use to communicate within a certain range (or all the map), so that noobs can ask for help.

[hr']

So now we start days/weeks into the end of the world and don't start with guns... Sorry but this makes no sense to me personally. Who wouldn't have a gun with zombies eating people on day 1?

I just really don't get it' date=' everyone has guns, even poor people have guns.

[/quote']

Where? In Chernarus, guns might be more rare than in some other countries. Here in Sweden, hunting rifles and shotguns are pretty common, handguns less so. In a zombie apocalypse, finding guns would be very hard, as the gun stores keep them locked up in bunkers that you won't get into without the proper keys and codes, so if that happened, most people would NOT have guns.

... as the gun stores keep them locked up in bunkers that you won't get into without the proper keys and codes' date=' so if that happened, most people would NOT have guns.

[/quote']

I've been in a LOT of gun stores, I've never seen one with a bunker.

Instead they have rows of guns on the wall secured by a simple steel cable and a padlock, easily broken with simple tools which are also common in a gun store.

* game needs random spawn loot and not fixed positions where people spawn camp. Some even logout and spawn in to check if the wanted loot did spawn. This should be changed.

is horrible and pointless, takes away all the fun and don't gives you a way to defend yourself

* game needs random spawn loot and not fixed positions where people spawn camp. Some even logout and spawn in to check if the wanted loot did spawn. This should be changed.

+1

As it stands spawning weaponless has changed the BeansWars metagame into a Free Bandage / Torch /Water metagame.

Ideally the only thing that needed changing regarding spawned Makarovs is the amount of ammunition. 8 was way too many and allowed you to go gun ho. 2 as others have suggested would be better. 10-20 shots (Can't remember clipsize) is enough to defend yourself from Zeds, but not enough for you to easily decide to attack other players.

Personally, as it stands, Spawning without a weapon is a nice idea but flawed. I found it much more difficult to do -anything- without a makarov and a single mag. I finally met up with a friend a few spawns later who gave me an M16 and a single clip (half full) and that instantly allowed me to resume normal DayZ operations. Before that point your only option on the coast was to crawl everywhere and get randomly spotted by Zeds (due a fix it seems very soon) or shot by Bandits who are still BeansWarring.

I do like Silenceds (previous page) Idea of randomized starting loot, however that wouldn't reduce Spawn PVP imo. Infact it might inrease it as the bandits kill people and find things they don't want.

In short this very much seems like a reaction to prevent Spawn PVP gone wrong as the motive has been analysed incorrectly. Spawn PVP is done because it is easy targets, not because of the beans or makarov ammo and removing the makarov entirely just makes them easier targets which are only slightly less worth killing (although that still wont stop the dedicated bandits).

^^ i'm with the 50%' date=' less mags will definitely make ppl less gunho in the beginning or maybe more i dunno. spawning empty certainly will create a vast difference between someone who has been playing for an hour to someone who just spawned in.. there is going to be so many unarmed slaughters (is most certainly a tear generating idea probably fountain potential).

[/quote']

Not really, people will then start whining about not having enough ammo, there is no end to it.

It is a Zombie Apocalypse, there is no fairness here.

I think the changes to spawn loot are perfect. I am glad that every time I do die, it won't be a simple stroll through town to get basic supplies but instead be a real challenge.

Everyone having the same shit on spawn is pretty lame to me. I think you should start everyone hungry and thirsty with a few different random gun choices aswell as with either water or food or both with no gun' date=' you could even randomize if they spawn hungry or not, aswell as whether the water bottle was empty or full.

The reason I say this is because if ppl were hungry and thirsty on spawn, it would force them to find food instead of just trying to respawn at their old dead body to regear. Im talking brink of death, aswell as making all spawn points near or close to a building or buildings that would spawn water and or food.

I also think you should get sick from bad water, lets face it, not all pond water is "fresh" and "clean". Thx for reading

[/quote']

Can't believe I didn't think of this. I wanted people to spawn with zero gear, but the hungry/thirsty bit adds even more!

Solid suggestion!

The current spawn is perfectly fine. The "spawn with a weapon" thing were only promoting the deatmach. PPl that are complaining are those ones that were used to die every 20 minutes, so they are now afraid that "i don't care, since i can respawn with a weapon" isn't working anymore.

What these ppl doesn't understand is that the respawn must NOT be considered to belong to the game mechanic. We have the respawn only becausa it is a videogame and having only one life would have be a way too extreme of course; but the respawn should be a VERY RARE event: you are not supposed to die! You are not supposed to rush to the first city to start "the real game", eventually collecting a weapon. None said you need one, in this "game" there's only one objective: SURVIVE ... suicide actions are dumb and they are punished (in real life they would be punished with you diyng permantently; in a videogame they are punished with the pain of doing everything from scratch).

Do you understand all the above? If you don't.. this is NOT the game for you.

PS: i would also suggest anyone to wait for the "zombie spawn hotfix" .. and eventually other adjustment prior than judge that this is "impossible to play".

As it stands spawning weaponless has changed the BeansWars metagame into a Free Bandage / Torch /Water metagame.

Ideally the only thing that needed changing regarding spawned Makarovs is the amount of ammunition. 8 was way too many and allowed you to go gun ho. 2 as others have suggested would be better. 10-20 shots (Can't remember clipsize) is enough to defend yourself from Zeds' date=' but not enough for you to easily decide to attack other players.

Personally, as it stands, Spawning without a weapon is a nice idea but flawed. I found it much more difficult to do -anything- without a makarov and a single mag. I finally met up with a friend a few spawns later who gave me an M16 and a single clip (half full) and that instantly allowed me to resume normal DayZ operations. Before that point your only option on the coast was to crawl everywhere and get randomly spotted by Zeds (due a fix it seems very soon) or shot by Bandits who are still BeansWarring.

I do like Silenceds (previous page) Idea of randomized starting loot, however that wouldn't reduce Spawn PVP imo. Infact it might inrease it as the bandits kill people and find things they don't want.

In short this very much seems like a reaction to prevent Spawn PVP gone wrong as the motive has been analysed incorrectly. Spawn PVP is done because it is easy targets, not because of the beans or makarov ammo and removing the makarov entirely just makes them easier targets which are only slightly less worth killing (although that still wont stop the dedicated bandits).

[/quote']

I have been playing this mod for quiet a while now and I have yet to see these evil unforgiving dedicated bandits that kill you at the beach/spawn... Of course if you are an idiot and run in the middle of the street in a town, well yea wtf did you expect but to get shot...

I think it should go back to how it was.

a lot of players that say "finding weapons isn't hard" don't take into account that its not finding the weapons that is hard, its avoiding zombies with perfect eye sight. Because once you pull a zombie your screwed and have to die and start over again

I think it should go back to how it was.

a lot of players that say "finding weapons isn't hard" don't take into account that its not finding the weapons that is hard' date=' its avoiding zombies with perfect eye sight. Because once you pull a zombie your screwed and have to die and start over again

[/quote']

yes

What about if I add melee?

Melee + a Melee weapon at spawn would make more than a bit of sense. As you pointed out somewhere else, not everyone has a gun at home but we can sure find baseball bats, knives or katanas (no, that's not uncommon I have one, many friends of mine too)

The thing is, if implemented it should be hard to defend yourself with, make it so you don't just have to blindly swing it like an idiot to be safe.

I like it a lot. I just wonder tho, does the makarov actually spawn as loot, or is it turning into an antiquity?