tiresomehoopla

Do you remember your first time playing DayZ?

What did you think of it at first? How long did you last? Were you out of luck or did you find the end of a rainbow? Was the first person you met friendly, or were you friendly your very first time?

I spawned at Wilderness and ran into debug plains for a good 30-40 minutes, wondering why I couldn't find anything. Hid from a goat thinking it was a person and followed a cow thinking it would lead me to a town. I eventually died of starvation/thirst.

• Like 9

Ahhh, they were all friendly back in the day.

Happy times.

Not like those long haired survivors you get today with their loud music and liberal attitudes..

Rgds

LoK

Edit: actually has a blast my first time, was completely scared with me and a bunch of chaps running around Cherno with flares aplenty. All got eaten. Fun..

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

I thought I would spawn with a gun (Darn you out of date youtube videos!) So I was disappointed to say the least, went around looking for a gun, well I meant to say SPRINTING around. I died.

My second life, I got shot by a Russian guy because I wouldn't respond to him. (I hadn't got my mic up and running, and I was in group chat.

Ahhh, they were all friendly back in the day.

Happy times.

Not like those long haired survivors you get today with their loud music and liberal attitudes..

Rgds

LoK

Edit: actually has a blast my first time, was completely scared with me and a bunch of chaps running around Cherno with flares aplenty. All got eaten. Fun..

First time is always the best :)

My first time was actually the most careful I had ever been. (Before I learned that I could lose zombies in a building, or in the woods and gained the "Nothing to lose as new spawn" mentality.) But now i'm playing a more survivalist type of style, and i've benefited from it, to say the least. And sneaking through cherno through all the zombies and players really makes you feel awesome :D

When I got used to it I found a crossbow and a makarov and just followed a random road, getting into plenty of trouble with zombies, wondering why so many towns had unenterable buildings... I eventually got chased by two zombies across the Chernarus countryside wondering why they wouldnt fuck off. I gave up and let them eat me (had no ammo), not knowing there was a respawn button...

Another time was when I first found an Enfield. I was inside a building with only one door to get out. Another guy was outside and asked if he could come in. I let him in when a zombie agroed and hit him. He started bleeding so I got out the way so he could go into the building and bandage. Not knowing how loud the Enfield was I shot the zombie walking in. The guy said "Jesus Christ man! Now we're gonna get fucked up!" or something along those lines. within 30 seconds the whole town was around that little building. We tried to hold the zombies off, but we were overrun. He died first, I died second. Thats probably my most memorable DayZ newb moment for me... Had a good laugh... Good times...

Edited by RIGHTLY
  • Like 1

My first game was with a friend, Carl [who actually introduced me to DayZ, about a month before I created this forum account].

We actually both spawned near Kamenka, 200 metres east of the black line [border]. Quite lucky, if you ask me...to an extent.

Upon arriving at Kamenka the whole place was lit up with flares, and gun fire was everywhere.

With nothing more than a flashlight that didn't work, and a flashlight that wouldn't turn off, we set out.

So, we sprinted in Kamenka hoping for the best. We ended up being pinned down by gunfire and were forced to retreat into a small house.

Ultimately, our deaths were greeted by a single door. Legs were broken, and the light at the end of the tunnel went out.

THOSE BLASTED DOORS

• Like 1

Spawned in, and took 10 minutes to learn the controls. Lagged like hell, and got thunderdome'd into debug plains. A group of friendlies killed the hackers, and offered me, the only other survivor, the loot. I let, joined in, and was killed on spawn.

>.>

Only hacking experience I have ever seen.

I also found a PBX on my first spawn.

My first time was yesterday :D

I spawned by a lake and started crawling to a little shed/house that I saw nearby and saw a zombie was in there, so I tried to get inside and check it out, but accidentally alerted the zombie and other ones in there. I sprinted away from like 5 zombies then made a sharp turn and went prone and lost them, I was bleeding out and tried to figure out how to use my bandages, but couldn't figure it out and died when another zombie walked up and somehow spotted me.

Right now my game is buggy, that time I played was the only time I got it working the the 3 hours it was installed. It won't load when I join a server and always says I lost connection to host...

I spawned at Kamenka and met another player who had a shotgun, which impressed me greatly. Zombies started to pour at us and we both retreated into a metal shed with the stairs and back room in it. We both went into the upstairs backroom and i started to shoot the zombies. More kept coming and the other guy didnt seem keen on helping me in the slightest. I started wondering why he didn't shoot - at all. As i was downing zombies with my makarov i convinced myself that i should kill him for not helping. When the zombies stopped coming i turned to him, aimed and shot him in the head.

He was out of bullets.

• Like 2

I was in to my 2nd day and finally found a map. When I opened the map up I saw "I took your UAZ and left you my bike" so on I went to the bike.

I hopped on that bike and all I could hear was Queen Bicycle...the bike would only go in circles and then only moments later poor Edwin showed up in his Bus and Ghillie. I think he just wanted to just help my noob ass but my paranoia was taking over I didn't have any idea what his weapon was capable of and I'm not read to die. I aim down my sight and fire my Lee-enfield... All I wanted to do was wound him but he was dead and yelling in the mic.

I felt like complete shit almost sick and I was amazed the game had me so strong. Thank you Rocket :)

I waited a few minutes and typed to Edwin - "I'll wait for you and take nothing" I was ready for my punishment. 20 minutes later another player found me and 3 shot's later I was dead the bus was gone all my gear and Edwin's gear.

Sorry Edwin.

My first time was yesterday :D

I spawned by a lake and started crawling to a little shed/house that I saw nearby and saw a zombie was in there, so I tried to get inside and check it out, but accidentally alerted the zombie and other ones in there. I sprinted away from like 5 zombies then made a sharp turn and went prone and lost them, I was bleeding out and tried to figure out how to use my bandages, but couldn't figure it out and died when another zombie walked up and somehow spotted me.

Right now my game is buggy, that time I played was the only time I got it working the the 3 hours it was installed. It won't load when I join a server and always says I lost connection to host...

To bandage, go to your inventory (G) and right click on your bandages :) Same fore eating food, taking morphine, taking painkillers, ect ect...

I spawned at Kamenka and met another player who had a shotgun, which impressed me greatly. Zombies started to pour at us and we both retreated into a metal shed with the stairs and back room in it. We both went into the upstairs backroom and i started to shoot the zombies. More kept coming and the other guy didnt seem keen on helping me in the slightest. I started wondering why he didn't shoot - at all. As i was downing zombies with my makarov i convinced myself that i should kill him for not helping. When the zombies stopped coming i turned to him, aimed and shot him in the head.

He was out of bullets.

When I read the last part I laughed so hard.

I sure do, I spawned in Chernogorsk and started figuring out how to move etc and turned down my video settings as it was laggy as hell. I managed to get to the firestation, but fell off from inside onto its platform while climbing up because I accidentally hit W twice. I broke my leg and passed out, and after waking up I decided to roll off the platform. I then bled out and heard someone say "Wow really, noob?" over direct chat.

Edited by Nuubio
  • Like 2

Spawned at either cherno or elektro harbour, don't know. Was very scared of death however, so I crawled to the inner city while searching for some buildings I could go in. Found some food and drink and I think also a hatchet after about 1 hour... Then went out of a building, heard a shot, fell down on the ground. "YOU ARE DEAD".

To be honest I didn't like the game the first few times I played. The mechanics and fact that I kept breaking my legs from falling short distances(back when that happened) caused me to play other games. But once I got back into it with a mentor I instantly became an addict. I remember my first time playing I bumped into someone (who I soon learn't was a bandit) and stood there trying to figure out what key I binded for chatting. Soon later I found a car and tried to drive it, but it wouldn't budge, so thinking it was stuck I tried moving back and forth, side to side... Only then did I realize it was missing all four tires.

• Like 1

I spawned between cherno and balota, I was so cautious of zeds and players that I stayed alive for about 3 hours, I then found a castle (Zub) when I went to the top I found an Enfield but then a Bandit came up the stairs (didn't know what a bandit was) I panicked and asked if he was friendly but he killed me instantly with his CCO SD.

I remember the first time I played, there was only 4 servers which took hours to get in and the mod was in such early dev that there was 9 updates in under 5 hours lol

I spawned at Solnichniy, then walked into the forest to figure out how to equip the flashlight. Then I also got my character locked to only walk instead of sprint, which made me want to destroy my keyboard. Then I walked through a town and got destroyed by zombies THEEE ENDDD!!!!

I'd like to thank whoever revived this :D Sadly, I don't remember my first time :( Well, the first time I actually did something. My VERY first time spawned i walked up to guy with a pdw and there was another noob with broken legs beside me. We just sat there leaning and saluting until the guy with the pdw broke my legs and me and the other noob died from zombies :L

I had been watching my (ex)girlfriend play with a friend of hers for a few weeks before I decided to give it a shot. I must've spawned near Elektro, but taking a hint by how many times my friends had died on the coast, I immediately sprinted into the woods like a madman. Amazingly, the first thing I stumbled on was Rog castle - you can imagine how completely blown away I was, haha.

I go inside and find a CZ 550 - I could never have realized how lucky I was getting. I went down the road and saw a town the distance. I wanted to try out my shiny new gun, so I aimed at a zombie and fired. Of course, that brought the horde down on me and I learned a vital lesson.

Edited by Dr Wasteland MD

Yeah...it was like 6 days ago haha..

With 221 posts I don't think you need advice.

Although i'm probably one of the not-so-good dayz players. My friends might be considered people who hold me back (No offense to my good friends-nevermind the fact that they'll never read this :D)

I didn't know where I was... but it was night time. I had a Makarov and basic supplies when I spawned it which is weird, must be a Private Hive. I spent a few minutes running around until I got scared shitless with my first zombie. I climbed up the tower and noticed there were alot of them, I found a Coyote Backpack but I was stupid enough not to know how to use backpacks.... and so I jumped off the tower and I died. xD