Sign in to follow this  
Carebear Baddie

Combat logging increase

Has anyone else noticed a dramatic increase in combat logging since the last patch? It seems that with the changes made to the way the combat timer is activated it has become completely broken.

it hasn't changed anything since before there was a combat timer iirc

and no, I haven't

Some ghillie shot my friend and when I ran up to him and shot him up, he combat logged

broken system

Some ghillie shot my friend and when I ran up to him and shot him up, he combat logged

broken system

non implemented system...

Some guy was shooting at a friend with an M107, he was a terrible shot. I eventually spotted him through my M24 scope and put 1 round in to his head from 800m, he instantly disappeared.

That is the only case of logging out in combat I have seen in a loooong time, it helps that I don't play in a shitty community, though.

I scoped two other players the other day, they were farming the apartment buildings, looking for a tent or ghillie suits, every time they got zombie aggro, poof they went off to the lobby. You need to put a 5 min. timer on it or something, press P on any given time and you see players bouncing back and forth, between lobby and game.

broken system

broken players.

• Like 1

I read title wrong I thought it said combat logging intercourse. I thought this was going to be a story of a guy who logged in the forest in fear for his life from your hatchet and you waited three days for him to log back in living off bugs and your own piss. Then he logged back in and you gave his face a slumber party makeover with an axe.

Damn

• Like 6

Is there a sufficient punishment towards those who do it? Or is it just another useless game feature that will be removed in exchange for something a but more harsh later on (Remember the balance has not been found yet)

I have not seen any increase in CL, Could this just be native to the server your playing on?

Is there a sufficient punishment towards those who do it? Or is it just another useless game feature that will be removed in exchange for something a but more harsh later on (Remember the balance has not been found yet)

I have not seen any increase in CL, Could this just be native to the server your playing on?

On the private hive I play on, most players get temp banned for combat logging. Despite that, I've still noticed an uptick since the last patch removed the "projectile near" part of the combat timer.

That is why I use .50cals - one hit and there is no combat logging. And even if they manage to ALT+F4, they will be dead on their next login. As soon as this technique is not longer useable, I will switch my .50 cal for a normal sniper rifle like the M24, DMR or if I get hands on a SVD camo.

Combat logging hasn't been fixed in .3 as well. You can still alt+f4 from game.

My whole server got telleported and shot with a mk48 yesterday. Combat logging was the only thing that saved the hours of work i put into my gear. My friend was not so lucky.

U cant "fix" combat logging until u fix the huge hacker problem.

you cannot simply "fix" the nature of the a2 engine in dayz. naivete to think you can.

• Like 1

And that is the problem. Short sighted people. Of course u can. Infuse cheat protect into the mod, instead of outside the mod.

But then again... U could just limit the only midigation ability people have against hackers, while doing little to stop the hackers. GG.

I love the idea of this game, but as u can see in the number of people on the servers and the number of twitch channels compared to that of war-z, this game is dying because of the inaction and inability to fix these problems.

I hate war-z it looks cartoony. Rocket had a great idea, but his follow through has been less then Impressive. Saying that imbedding some sort of script resriction is impossible just shows defeatism. It might not be as easy as making a reskinning a russia soldier to a zombie but its far from impossible.

I only combat log when I get shot at, see another player, hear any noise, see a zombie, get chased by a zombie, see a bunny rabbit, notice a bush moving, see a bird, if someone types something in side chat, smell my own farts, and every time I enter/exit a building.

Am I playing this game correctly?

• Like 1

you cannot simply "fix" the nature of the a2 engine in dayz. naivete to think you can.

The combat timer worked very well in 1.7.3. I saw little to no combat logging in .3, but since the "projectiles near" variable was removed in 1.7.4.4 the combat timer is broken.

Funny you should mention it OP because I've had 3 people combat log on me in as many days. Before that it was a rare occurrence, perhaps it has something to do with loot being harder to dupe.

Doing more damage would help, you need to hit with more than 4/5 ak74 rounds to kill a player, if there agile that means more than enough time to combat log, i've seen this a bunch of times. Bullets should have much more ability to knockout/stun players. Two rounds to the center mass should be more than enough to put a player down. At the moment the anti material rifle is the only cure, and now they are very rare.

Otherwise forget the hacker excuse, if you combat log under fire, your dead at the next log in, blanket rule, hackers or no hackers.

This has not been affecting since new patch.

This topic doesn't affect me.

Sorry if I disappoint.

I read title wrong I thought it said combat logging intercourse. I thought this was going to be a story of a guy who logged in the forest in fear for his life from your hatchet and you waited three days for him to log back in living off bugs and your own piss. Then he logged back in and you gave his face a slumber party makeover with an axe.

Damn

That shit is some hot-ass intercourse.

Edited by MakeThemListen

Rocket had a great idea, but his follow through has been less then Impressive. Saying that imbedding some sort of script resriction is impossible just shows defeatism. It might not be as easy as making a reskinning a russia soldier to a zombie but its far from impossible.

https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod

I look forward to your code submission containing this magical mod-side anti-hacker feature.