Teo3201

Standalone out before newyear? - Dayz Standalone Release Discussion

Rocket has earlier said that the standalone will hopefully be out later this year, but are they ready yet?

Do you think they will be able to release the alpha/beta version before the end of this year? If you dont, when do you think it will be released next year?

And what do you think will be and not be in the earliest alpha/beta versions?

What do you think they should have more/less focus on in the stadalone?

Leave your personal thoughts below.

If they release it earlier, nothing will stop them from carrying on with updating the game. If they said they'll release it before the new year, then they'll release it before the new year :)

• Like 2

Rocket has said it has to be released before new year.

If they are forced to delay, we'll just have to accept that the game's current state is unstable and not ready. I don't think Rocket can foresee the future and two team members getting arreseted probably wasn't planned, I guess as soon as possible will have to do, if they are forced to delay.

I think we as players are past the alpha/beta phases, I think of the foundation buildTM as a stable version, with new features such as new version of Chernarus, new player models, new weapons, new skins, new inventory and new gameplay mechanics. I also think we're getting a discount, because DayZ is sold as a product in continued development.

The most important feature of DayZ is the standalone build of the engine, that it is better protected and stable from launch. The next thing it has to deliver is enough content to keep players entertained, while continued development slowly progress in the coming months.

• Like 2

i think it will be that day. and what if those ancient guys where right? then we will never play it :(

Hell no! I'll take y PC on my backpack just to play it before dying!

lol

It's just the Mayans Y2K, they simply ran out of wall.

21/12/12

coincidentally that is the day of a real apocalypse acording to the mayans, a great day for apocalypses then =)

feburary 3rd 2013

Thats what Im betting, would be glad if delayed to make it even more stable before release, but that's his choice I know he will keep updating but I would like a solid start with at least hacking / bugs to be reduced to a respectable level

feburary 3rd 2013

Thats what Im betting, would be glad if delayed to make it even more stable before release, but that's his choice I know he will keep updating but I would like a solid start with at least hacking / bugs to be reduced to a respectable level

You know the standalone is NOT the mod right... It's a new game with an entire and newly written code on a newer engine. It will most likely have less content in certain aspects and more in others then the mod currently does but it will be more polished and optimized. It's wont be a paid update for the mod which is what I gather a lot of people are expecting on this forum.

The standalone release will have no hacks for a while at least because the hacks from the mod will not work for the standalone due to it being a different game.

As for bugs, expect many more bugs than we currently have. The standalone is a foundation build, we will be the testers to help locate and identify bugs. For a bug free experience people will have to wait until full release which has no speculated release date, could be years.

The point people keep bringing up about keeping it in development longer to reduce bugs, it's all about man hours. Once they have the foundation build up and running it's easier to release it and have the community test and find bugs. If 1000 community member help locate bugs for 10 hours once it's released that's 10 thousand man hours of game testing. It would take the dev team months upon months of testing to the extent that the community could do in only a couple days.

Two dayz team members did not get arrested. It was two arma3 members that did.

They were also working on Chernarus Plus.

1.) Get a gun

2.) Shoot a cow

3.) Shoot a Zombie

4.) Shoot a car

5.) Shoot a player

6.) Shoot two players

7.) Shoot a dog

8.) Shoot a rabbit

If I´m not entirely wrong Rocket said he "forced" himself to release it before years end, or else he would consider the project "failed" (I believe it was something of those lines)

Honestly, I rather want a buggy and bad Alpha/Beta by the end of the year then have updates come every now and then than wait a month or two extra.

There release it in alpha for testing. It'll be some time yet till the game is officially out of beta and has all the features Rocket wants.

it has to be out in december otherwise this miss the cash bonaza that is one of the most popular times of the year (november is best )

so get ready to hear more news shortly about pricing and actual release date as it has to be december and it has to be before 25th december. so i guess youll be hearing in next weel the solid details.

if its alpha its alpha it will be as good as what we have now atleast with updated features cant wait ! i predict 21st december for release !