dasd2516

DayZ standalone should not be TOO cheap

in order to discourage people from hacking. less people will risk a ban if they have to pay $25 instead of $15 for a new copy.

or the cost for the game should be raised after a few months

also it will no longer be possible to buy stolen keys in standalone so everyone has to pay the full price every time they get banned.

Edited by dasd2516

Trust me, I've seen scripters pay the full price for ArmA 2: OA if they're desperate. I think price dosen't matter to some people, but it will to others.

I'll stop scripting/cheating/hacking in the standalone because of price, and the fact that it will have less hackers, meaning you can play legit. I only got my hacks so I stand a chance against other scripters, and so I can protect my friends from them.

Basically, yeah, make SA fairly expensive.

Edited by TheFriendlyHacker

Its Bad if its too cheap and its also bad when its too expensive, plus im not 18 yet so i cant get a credit card to buy it and my stupid country doesnt work with paypal basically FML...

in order to discourage people from hacking. less people will risk a ban if they have to pay $25 instead of $15 for a new copy.

or the cost for the game should be raised after a few months at least.

Fine, if you pay for my copy. Not all of us have cash to throw around. Also, there's no way price will effect scripters.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I am sure the developers will understand this eventually and put up the price a little.

However, they might be lowering the price for those who bought Arma II + Operation Arrowhead specifically for DayZ. Some sort of compensation for their devotion.

However, if hackers like to spend $15 everytime they fuck up, let them.

Also, there's no way price will effect scripters.

I dont think thats true.

also thats why i said they could raise it after a few months

Edited by dasd2516

You do understand that most hackers get keys by stealing them from legit users? Increasing the game price will only hurt legit players ;)

• Like 1

You do understand that most hackers get keys by stealing them from legit users? Increasing the game price will only hurt legit players ;)

standalone keys will be able to stolen because they will be attached to an account /steam

I agree, it should be at least 25$ in alpha then up to 50-60$. If you can pay for internet and electricity you can pay that small one-time fee.

I agree, it should be at least 25$ in alpha then up to 50-60$. If you can pay for internet and electricity you can pay that small one-time fee.

I'm not paying for internet and electricity, and I know most of my friends aren't either.

We will stick to the mod or not play at all if standalone is too expensive.

Edited by Castle

or the cost for the game should be raised after a few months

uh, a large number of the current haxxers paid $30 for the game. not to mention many of them paid for the hacks as well. it's seems money is hardly a factor

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1

A good programmer can easily look through the key algorithms which define a Arma2OA key or even a DayZ Standalone key, changing the price wont change a thing, since most hackers will use generated keys anyway, or steal keys+guid from players who are dumb enough to klick on sites containing "free ***s guaranteed working!!!11!eleven!"

Upping the price will only result in fewer people buying it, wether they are hackers or not

• Like 1

No way its 60$ it wont even be complete when its released. They would be insane to release this game for 60$

Price hikes are not the best way to combat crackers and skiddies. The new server-side architecture should already help a good deal, and while hacks will always exist, I'll be surprised if they're anywhere near as prevalent as they are now.

I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

No way its 60$ it wont even be complete when its released. They would be insane to release this game for 60$

It won't be you're letting another users post become fact to you.

It will be cheap, it will follow the Minecraft model.

OP - I strongly disagree. Hackers will hack whatever the price the SA is released at, why punish the legit (and patient) community further by making them pay more? In fact a higher price will exclude some people and may even make them consider hacking when they never would have done so to begin with.

• Like 2

Yeah i vote for 25 bucks as well. Hope it won't be like 10 or 15. I dont like the F2P games community at all. And 10 or 15 is basicly makes the game free to play.

Yeah i vote for 25 bucks as well. Hope it won't be like 10 or 15. I dont like the F2P games community at all. And 10 or 15 is basicly makes the game free to play.

It doesn't really at all, what makes F2P games bad and the community is when it's Pay 2 win as it's not a case of skill anymore it's "I can buy better guns than you"

As long as there's no micro transactions involved (which there won't be) it'll be nothing like a free to play game or have any of the issues that come with it.

I heard, if you send Rocket 5 pieces of cooked meat and a case of Mountain Dew, you'll get the standalone for free!

I've got the Dew, now if I could only find a Boar...

standalone keys will be able to stolen because they will be attached to an account /steam

You know steam keys can be stolen right.....

They cant put it into their steam they us a registry editor and change it that way and launch it without steam

Arma 2 still uses keys through steam, and they're still in your registry.

yes arma is an exception