WildGunsTomcat

Be aware, I'm going to start banning.

I don't have read all the post ,

But I Just have one thing to tell , and I will try to tell it as i can with my bad english...

Rockett can tell whatever he wants has rules for the ban or anything else with his software/mod...

but you have to know , at least for european law , that he cannot force an hoster of his software to let everyone connecting to it...Rockett has the property of the software , but it's the hoster , or the person who rent the server who has the property of brandwith , and the connection to his server...

So if I host a server , and I'm renting one right now with sopa. that's me who decide who can connect or not to my server.. and that's all. they can put the rules or the EULA telling that's it's only rocket and the dev team who decided who is ban or not...they will loose . and you don't need a good lawyer for that.

There is no debate here people. NONE. Until ROCKET or ANDER say to me PERSONALLY

"Listen mate' date=' don't ban these people...."

I will continue to remove these people from MY server. You are still free to take yourself to another server and disconnect and exploit until the cows come home....but it's not happening on my assets.

[/quote']

22246947.jpg

It's not your server by the way, you donated it to DayZ. As did we with ours. The amount you pay for it is irrelevant.

Uh. lol

It IS my server. I administrate my BOX....I maintain the updates.

It's my server. As such, I will ban people for using a KNOWN exploit.

What is so hard to understand here?

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

I think you need to re-read this.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior

DCing to avoid PVP death is disruptive behaviour.

I don't get what's so hard to understand here.

"I don't know why, but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

It's not. I posted in a thread that was talking about that, that META-GAMING is explicitly allowed. I.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups etc...

Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out."

Those are Rocket's own words.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8029

Right there. I don't care if it's not listed in the rules list. It is an EXPLOIT. Therefore it is CHEATING.

Therefore I will BAN for it.

Deal with it guys.

Until Rocket releases a statement that says 'You are not allowed to ban pussies for using known exploits', I will continue banning people from the server I pay for, so that the server can be a nicer place for all the people who actually appreciate us hosting servers for them.

Until Rocket releases a statement that says 'You are not allowed to ban pussies for using known exploits'' date=' I will continue banning people from the server I pay for, so that the server can be a nicer place for all the people who actually appreciate us hosting servers for them.

[/quote']

This.

I love how people are throwing the rules in my face when Rocket himself said it was cheating....

You guys don't run my server, so you don't dictate the terms to me.

Those restrictions on admins are complete crap in my heavy opinion. No one does that, seriously, no one else does that nor is there any reason for any developers to do that.

Yeah, those rules are the reason that I will not be hosting any DayZ server instances on my boxes. I love the game, but there is absolutely no reason for the developers to be that over-controlling of it.

Those restrictions on admins are complete crap in my heavy opinion. No one does that' date=' seriously, no one else does that nor is there any reason for any developers to do that.

Yeah, those rules are the reason that I will not be hosting any DayZ server instances on my boxes. I love the game, but there is absolutely no reason for the developers to be that over-controlling of it.

[/quote']

Yeah it's hard when you have self-righteous entitled players coming in here and acting like they can lord over you for making decisions on your server.

Just two question: Will you be banning everyone who DCs from your server, or just people who DC on you or your admin/clan buddies? And if you're banning everyone who DCs, how do you intend on making sure they really were disconnecting to avoid death?

Now, I'm an admin. I have rcon access, but I've never had to use it before. If you're going to only ban people who are DCing on you, that's kind of unfair, because now you're the only one immune from people cheating. Everyone else just has to put up with getting killed by people DCing.

And if you're planning on banning anyone who DCs, how are you going to do that? We had an incident in which we were banned from a server for "constant server hopping" because we disconnected three times in an hour (twice due to absurd desync). The admin banned us because we were "probably" the type of people who server hop and DC to avoid death, and his ban had no evidence to support it. Do you intend on making sure people who are DCing are actually cheating, or are you just going to ban anyone who you decide disconnects too often?

I ban people who I see DCing to avoid PVP. It is a tricky situation when it happens to players on my server, but I'd hardly call it unfair. If someone is banned for DCing on my server, he cannot come back and that means he's not going to DC when shot at by any of the other players on my server.

If a player can provide me with solid proof that someone DCed to avoid death, then I'll ban them. It's a bit hard to get proper proof if you're just a player, but not impossible.

If asked about it, I can guarantee you most of my regulars would prefer I ban the exploiters I'm sure are exploiting rather than sit back and let them continue griefing my players simply because it is hard catching all the exploiters.

"I don't know why' date=' but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

It's not. I posted in a thread that was talking about that, that META-GAMING is explicitly allowed. I.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups etc...

It will be patched out, very easily, in a future update. The update is ready to go and will be released when the Beta patch for ArmA2 is out."

Right there. I don't care if it's not listed in the rules list. It is an EXPLOIT. Therefore it is CHEATING.

Deal with it guys.

[/quote']

It's been patched out, its no longer an exploit. That post was written before he implemented persistent bodies as a defence against people logging out.

Hope that helps.

Again, I'll ask you directly since you seem incapable of answering it straightly.

Why do you think that you can ignore a pretty clear statement and demand a personal address?

lot of crying going on in this thread.

agreed. you got to admit , it is rather entertaining to see how whiny some people are getting and then calling other people kids . keep it up trolls , this is GREAT

in before dev comes in, slaps the admin upside the head for not following set rules, blacklists server and closes thread

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

"I don't know why' date=' but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

Deal with it guys.

[/quote']

It's been patched out, its no longer an exploit. That post was written before he implemented persistent bodies as a defence against people logging out.

Hope that helps.

Again, I'll ask you directly since you seem incapable of answering it straightly.

Why do you think that you can ignore a pretty clear statement and demand a personal address?

Again, I don't answer to you.

Plenty of other admins do this, and have never been blacklisted. Plus, I'm sure the devs have seen this thread...and have said nothing. So, that speaks volumes to me.

Plus, I don't answer to you. ;0)

You know what the most ironic part of this is? The people in here are getting angry at us server admins for banning people who exploit game mechanics and ruin the experience for others.

And then they want to tell us we're deviants?

Don't worry Zoop. I got on the irc and in private messages and asked a dev to come in here and give their opinion on this practice.

If they're for it, okay.

If they're against it, I'll stop.

But I don't take orders from anyone other than the dev team. The guys coming in here and demanding that I give them an explanation: LOL...no.

I agree with ur post but admins too abuse their power' date=' just yesterday on US85 me and my friend shot 3 guys from [WD'] clan en "suddenly" session lost, server restarts.

Giving us no chance to loot any of the corpses.. and when we were back on all is gone.

I really hope Dc'ing and admin abuse can be fixed somehow.

Just figured I would put this to rest that [WD] DOES NOT DC, OR ALT+F4 during a failed PVP!!! I DO NOT tolerate this on the server being done by pubbers and especially by [WD] members. Being that there are only 2 [WD] members with admin access and access to RDC to our server, myself being one of them, I can assure you that the server crashed and required a restart and NOT that it was restarted so you couldn't loot. I will put this out there for all, If a [WD] member is found to DC during a PVP goto our website, www.WarDrivers.net, and post it in our forums (with proof) not just your words and they will be discharged IMMEDIATELY!!

OneShotX' pid='147931' dateline='1340144117']

I agree with ur post but admins too abuse their power' date=' just yesterday on US85 me and my friend shot 3 guys from [WD'] clan en "suddenly" session lost, server restarts.

Giving us no chance to loot any of the corpses.. and when we were back on all is gone.

I really hope Dc'ing and admin abuse can be fixed somehow.

Just figured I would put this to rest that [WD] DOES NOT DC, OR ALT+F4 during a failed PVP!!! I DO NOT tolerate this on the server being done by pubbers and especially by [WD] members. Being that there are only 2 [WD] members with admin access and access to RDC to our server, myself being one of them, I can assure you that the server crashed and required a restart and NOT that it was restarted so you couldn't loot. I will put this out there for all, If a [WD] member is found to DC during a PVP goto our website, www.WarDrivers.net, and post it in our forums (with proof) not just your words and they will be discharged IMMEDIATELY!!

I am the second one who could do this on our server. I know for a fact that we have never done this. Like oneshot said.... Members will be REMOVED from WarDrivers for doing this. It is one of our rules NOT to DC in any firefight. Read our rules here http://www.wardrivers.net/forum/5-apply-for-wardrivers/10-please-read-here-to-apply-for-wardrivers#10

In my personal opinion, I believe people that ALT-F4 should instantly have that character removed. Also, if you are bleeding and you leave for a long period of time your character should be dead or have lost a significant amount of blood.

Hell. I agree though I would ban people for DC'ing mid fight... if i could prove they were doing it consistantly or jumping back in behind me and killing me.

But only if the devs said it was ok first.

Im for letting admins have the ability to run servers the way they want myself. but as long as admins are beholden to the dev team you prettymuch gotta ask them before you institute this kind of banning practice. it doesnt work the way your trying to do it. ban first ask later.

no.

Bans are a bad thing for a persistant world server system.

No, it does work that way. It is a known exploit that ruins other people's experience with the game. As long as these assholes want to play on my server, they'd better not disconnect.

I want my server to be nicer place for everybody. I'm not going to tolerate a few weak assholes disconnecting because they don't want to die fair and square.

You think that 5 seconds is gonna be enough for you to catch up to the person and kill him ? He could just run away , hide and DC , and when you would finally see him its gonna be too late. There's no way to stop people from DC-ing.

Take a look at minecraft and "pvp loggers" , The just run for 5-10 sec and DC haha

wow just wow.

I dont even...

your not even banning the right people you stupid twat.

There's no way in hell the dev team would approve of him banning people willynilly like he says he is. It would open a huge can of worms of admins banning people for whatever reason they wanted and it would come down to one person's word against another's as I highly doubt the server logs are going to be detailed enough to show (Person A fired at grid coordinates xyz,abc) (Person B DC'd at grid coordinates xyz,abc) and w/o something to prove the reasoning of your bans (chat logs e.g. malicious talk and racism) it's just open season for Admins on whoever they want.

Now I pay almost as much as you do Wild for my dedicated server that I also manage myself, but the difference is I understand my hosting of Day-Z is a privilege that comes with strings attached, namely that I follow the rules.

It's fairly clear that you would rather be willfully ignorant and just pretend that the Devs haven't made a direct pronouncement on these issues yet, but as they haven't said you can ban people for exploits, you cannot ban people for using exploits. Hacking is one thing, exploiting is another. Now I refuse to let people join my clan, SiN, that use exploits such as DC'ing to lose zombies, or to avoid death but I have the right to run my clan however I want, I do NOT have the right to run "my" Day-Z server however I want.

At this point, nothing short of a Dev spelling it out for Wild is going to make any difference though as his logic is lacking. /insertcomplaintsaboutlackofphilosophyeducationintheUShere