WildGunsTomcat

Be aware, I'm going to start banning.

If only because I know FoG like to abuse their admin powers this is a terrible thing to not stop in its tracks.

My clan played on their server for three days last week, during which we saw multiple sets of drama between FoG and pubbies in which the admins continually sunk to the level of the childish troll pubbies and kicked to win arguments in side chat. When you have to disable side-chat specifically to keep your admins from calling people 'faggots', yeah, I'm looking at you Wild, you know you have the wrong people with admin powers.

On a somewhat related note: DC'ing to avoid death is obviously an exploit, and obviously annoying as fuck. That being said, the claim it is the biggest hole in the game is simply false as fading is far worse. What is the point of us setting up a camp secured with barbed wire, sandbags, etc. if someone can swap servers, walk around it, and then swap back in? Same thing for firefights...swap servers...flank...swap back in. There isn't any fix for this outside of very blunt measures or server specific characters.

Good luck enforcing that Fenrix, clans typically run servers in every game without there being too much of a problem as clans usually are the ones with the resources to pour into dedicated servers that can actually run the server.

"Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc."

Wild, 'only two' means 'only two'.

Not "These two things and anything we didn't say you can't ban for".

just saying, all of the abuse is coming from clan run servers. mainly because they are used to a certain ammount of control over the servers they run.

generally this kind of stuff would be fine in any regular server. but with dayz its against the rules, mainly of course because the mod is persistant across all servers.

*not saying I agree with the devs attitude about that, just saying clans are an issue if you want to run the servers the way they are being run*

That is an annoying problem and you're probably going to have to do a lot of banning and unbanning to get it right.

I'm aware. I'm just fucking exasperated at shooting someone and then they bounce on me...it is getting old.

I have to do something about it.

Banning people for logging off when your trying to unjustly kill them... Sounds like an excellent idea!...

If they shot first its one thing, being an ass and just going around and killing people without warning and then banning them when they d/c to defend themselves is another imo.

Banning people for logging off when your trying to unjustly kill them... Sounds like an excellent idea!...

If they shot first its one thing' date=' being an ass and just going around and killing people without warning and then banning them when they d/c to defend themselves is another imo.

[/quote']

So he's meant to go "[insert Username], I'm aiming at you and am about to kill you" before taking a shot now? I don't go around killing other people, as I prefer co-operative play, but I don't think someone who does should really have to justify themselves to you.

Rocket has said that it is an exploit, and a bannable one. It does not matter why the person was being shot at, or why the attacker decided to shoot, DCing to avoid combat is DCing to avoid combat - making excuses for people using an exploit is just as bad as doing it yourself, just like the people who were saying "other people were using scripts to hack the game, so I have to do it too".

OP has my support, and even though I'm in the UK, I'd be tempted to put up with a little lag to play on his servers with the knowledge that this sort of shit isn't being tolerated anymore.

maybe they are sick of getting the fuck shot out of them by people who shoot first ask questions later it's a tale of two stories

The fact that people like you can own/operate servers is frightening. Having server owners who equate PvP with an officially recognized, bannable exploit? Fantastic...

Good luck enforcing that Fenrix' date=' clans typically run servers in every game without there being too much of a problem as clans usually are the ones with the resources to pour into dedicated servers that can actually run the server.

"Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc."

Wild, 'only two' means 'only two'.

Not "These two things and anything we didn't say you can't ban for".

[/quote']

Except Rocket did say it was a bannable offense. One that he is working on patching out.

Reading comprehension, get some.

In the meantime...I will ban players for DCing on me.

Period.

That is an annoying problem and you're probably going to have to do a lot of banning and unbanning to get it right.

I'm aware. I'm just fucking exasperated at shooting someone and then they bounce on me...it is getting old.

I have to do something about it.

If they shot first its one thing' date=' being an ass and just going around and killing people without warning and then banning them when they d/c to defend themselves is another imo.

[/quote']

When they patch this shit out, people like you and your tears will be delicious.

Absolutely delicious.

maybe if you aren't a shoot on sight CODer people wouldn't d/c like that

just a thought brah

hopefully you won't do that shoot on sight + ban on d/c combo to anyone with a decent sized botnet... just sayin'.

just a thought brah

hopefully you won't do that shoot on sight + ban on d/c combo to anyone with a decent sized botnet... just sayin'.

That feels like a threat to me.

I don't think the mod's like threats like that around here.

[/quote']

DCing is not a way to defend yourself, turning your gun and firing is, running is, taking cover is. DCing is a way to exploit dieing...dont do it, bottom line. It is bannable, and should get global banned for doing it.

just a thought brah

I doubt they like open and blatant announcements of breaking official server rules either - but here we are. :angel:

just a thought brah

I doubt they like open and blatant announcements of breaking official server rules either - but here we are. :angel:

You morons keep saying this....

But go read Rocket's topic on DC'ing. He has said HIMSELF it is a cowardly fucking exploit that is bannable.

Therefore...I will be banning.

No - it isn't bannable. You go read it yourself you simpleminded oaf.

Rocket only mentioned that it is exploitative and it will be fixed in a later patch - not that admins are given a fucking carte blanc to banning whoever they think does this.

Therefore... you are an idiot.

Ball in your court - quote Rocket or any other dev-like persona saying ANYTHING remotely close to "admins are allowed to ban quitters". See you then...

No - it isn't bannable. You go read it yourself you simpleminded oaf.

Rocket only mentioned that it is exploitative and it will be fixed in a later patch - not that admins are given a fucking carte blanc to banning whoever they think does this.

Therefore... you are an idiot.

Ball in your court - quote Rocket or any other dev-like persona saying ANYTHING remotely close to "admins are allowed to ban quitters". See you then...

That's interesting, fuckface....because I have been banning people left and right for disconnecting on me.....

And not a single fuck was given by anyone. Other admins do this too.

So who's the idiot here?

Oh that's right...you.

I will ban these fucking cowards all day, and there's nothing YOU can do about it.

/thread.

So...your entire counter argument is that because noone has taken action yet, it is alright to do?

Well alrighty then - lets apply the logic elsewhere and go rob some banks. It isn't prohibited until someone catches us afterall! Genocide? No problem! Don't get caught!

I'm done with you.

So...your entire counter argument is that because noone has taken action yet' date=' it is alright to do?

Well alrighty then - lets apply the logic elsewhere and go rob some banks. It isn't prohibited until someone catches us afterall! Genocide? No problem! Don't get caught!

I'm done with you.

[/quote']

Naww how cute he d/c'd out of the thread aswell.

Normal people trying to tell him how to run his server.

Delicious.

In my completely unimportant opinion: If the Staff have a problem with him, they will undoubtedly speak with him. I doubt they have missed this thread. In the meantime, all you people are doing is stirring the shit pot more and more.