Ander (DayZ)

VEHICLE UPDATE (database side): 2012-06-16

To the people who are losing vehicles remember to press save if you so much as touch the vehicle. and to Ander the genius who fixed vehicles keep up the good work im looking forward to those helicopters coming back.

Having just sailed the full length of the coast kamenka to furthest point north (near north east airfield) .

I spotted 6 boats on my journey. all just sat along the coast. some bobbing in the water. some (the dingy ones) were on the beach and thery refused to get back in the water (so i killed them with my mighty axe!)

what happens to boats when destroyed ? I destroyed every boat i found as it was put to me some time ago that each vehicle *anytype* fills a vehicle slot on the server. each server has a limited total number of vehicle slots and by destrying boats there is a chance to respawn a car in it's place for example ?

is this correct ?

only i was also under the impression that vehicles respawned wherever they were destroyed,, like for like ?

confused.... destroying boats with an axe is hard work and I for one do not recomend it to anyone sane.

:)

Having just sailed the full length of the coast kamenka to furthest point north (near north east airfield) .

I spotted 6 boats on my journey. all just sat along the coast. some bobbing in the water. some (the dingy ones) were on the beach and thery refused to get back in the water (so i killed them with my mighty axe!)

what happens to boats when destroyed ? I destroyed every boat i found as it was put to me some time ago that each vehicle *anytype* fills a vehicle slot on the server. each server has a limited total number of vehicle slots and by destrying boats there is a chance to respawn a car in it's place for example ?

is this correct ?

only i was also under the impression that vehicles respawned wherever they were destroyed' date=', like for like ?

confused.... destroying boats with an axe is hard work and I for one do not recomend it to anyone sane.

:)

[/quote']

You've done your server a service.

Playing dayz for 2 days now and i went all the way north near petroska (the deer at top)

2ps5194.jpgbut i didn't see shit :( I walked several times up and down, left and right but nothing...

This guy on youtube is talking nonsese?

Any advice where to find some transport? I'm still at this area

I would like to find a map with all or most of the vehicle spawn points. Im not sure about your Youtube link. It seems like some of those spots were the spawn points for vehicles before the update that brought vehicles to every server. I think the spawn points have changed after that. Im pretty sure, i know at least two new spawn points that are not mentioned on that youtube link.

Im really not sure about anything, as you cant really know for a fact if a car has spawned in a certain location or not. They tend to get taken FAST. Your best bet to finding a car(s) is hitting the edges of the map.

Vehicle spawning locations tend to be random. The Wiki has it right for some spots, for others, they don't even have those locations on the Wiki. I'd rather it be this way. As it is now, if you blow up a car, it'll eventually spawn back where it was originally found/found and fixed. I'd rather it would spawn somewhere else randomly. Hopefully someday that can be implemented without having to wipe the vehicles off the map for a new set of spawn points.

Those losing vehicles after server restarts, sometimes it comes back after another restart, sometimes it takes at least two days of restarts to get it back. This happened to my group at one point, all vehicles and tents disappeared for two days.

Im actually with you on this one. It would be better, if the vehicles spawned in a more random way. But im happy with it as it is atm. Very playable etc. I think they now spawn on their original place, but it might spawn as another type of vehicle? I think i read that on this thread.

If my mate is up to it, we will hit up north with our ATV today and find some more vehicles to blow up and make them spawn back to the game. We are a unorganized group of about 8-10 people. But at best, theres only 5 of us online at the same time so all we need is one car that seats more than 4 people. And we always stash it way inside the map, not even close to the borders.

Vehicle update (2012-06-22):

- Respawning of destroyed vehicles have been done yesterday.

Locations not disclosed :)

- Choppers are still a no go. I will not reply to PMs asking "PLEASE GIVE US CHOPPER ON OUR SERVER that other server has them, why cant we??? Ill edit the mission bpo!". (I get a lot of those)

Editing mission pbo wont help you as this is not how we load vehicles in. Infact it may at best cause corruption issues or the player who goes into one to explode, at worst get your server blacklisted.

- I've finally managed to get the people over at BIS to acknowledge the bug/issue that we've been seing. We'll just have to wait for an update from BIS until we can roll out choppers to all servers.

Playing dayz for 2 days now and i went all the way north near petroska (the deer at top)

2ps5194.jpgbut i didn't see shit :( I walked several times up and down' date=' left and right but nothing...

This guy on youtube is talking nonsese?

Any advice where to find some transport? I'm still at this area

[/quote']

NVM :P Im at work no judging :D

Is there still errors on vehicles not loading? Was next to my moped before server restart, and it disappeared after restart was over

Crashed heli's still dont have any loot and cant be entered. Why cruel world why!

Chrashed heli's have been working with with me, the loot is on the ground on either/both sides of the helicopter. It's pretty hard to spot if there are grass, gotta look very closely. Found NVG+DMR+M107 today from one heli, 2x FN FAL's from another

Or might be someone looted it already? ^^

Chrashed heli's have been working with with me' date=' the loot is on the ground on either/both sides of the helicopter. It's pretty hard to spot if there are grass, gotta look very closely. Found NVG+DMR+M107 today from one heli, 2x FN FAL's from another

[/quote']

Night Time server, were only 1's on it. heli had the glitched mini gun muzzle flash ( how we saw it in the black night). Was found not 5 min after a server restart.

Chrashed heli's have been working with with me' date=' the loot is on the ground on either/both sides of the helicopter. It's pretty hard to spot if there are grass, gotta look very closely. Found NVG+DMR+M107 today from one heli, 2x FN FAL's from another

[/quote']

Night Time server, were only 1's on it. heli had the glitched mini gun muzzle flash ( how we saw it in the black night). Was found not 5 min after a server restart.

It was probably already looted, I am having no issues with helo crashes. Plenty of them around with loot

Night Time server' date=' were only 1's on it. heli had the glitched mini gun muzzle flash ( how we saw it in the black night). Was found not 5 min after a server restart.

[/quote']

What version is that server running?

Found 3 heli crashes all on NW airfield in maybe 2-3 days. We were the first ones to get there all on all occassions (mostly after server restarts) They all had some kind of loot but its really hard to spot in tall grass so just keep looking at the ground until you find a stash.

Yeah, check the sides and under the tail. Granted, stuff may spawn in front of it, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

Yeah' date=' check the sides and under the tail. Granted, stuff may spawn in front of it, but I haven't seen that happen yet.

[/quote']

Also look between the seats on the non-glitched-minigun side. You won't see the loot as it's inside the model, but you'll get a prompt message at your aim point when you look at it. If that makes sense.

Interesting, I'll have to remember that. I wonder what I may have missed now. :-/

I just want helis back in game ASAP, so I can scream to my team on TS: GET TO DA CHOPPA!!! xD

The respawning mechanic is currently hugely fucked. Server restarts just put the vehicles back at the exact location at which they were destroyed. Which is annoying.

We have experienced the very same thing on "EU28 Dogznutz" running patch version 93965 and DayZ 1.7.1.5.

We lined up the bus sideways yesterday at night and let loose on it with assault rifles, completely obliterating it. The next day it was back at the same place, all green and half a tank of fuel left.

the 7-days respawn system is bugged 100%

server #1: 3 saved cars in a deep forest 6km from all roads, 1 saved but not repaired car in Vyshnoe, 1 bike in the forest near Vyshnoe, 1 car in the forest near Stary

server #2: 3 cars in a deep forest in 3 different places

all vehicles were saved yesterday and all gone today.

the 7-days respawn system is bugged 100%

server #1: 3 saved cars in a deep forest 6km from all roads' date=' 1 saved but not repaired car in Vyshnoe, 1 bike in the forest near Vyshnoe, 1 car in the forest near Stary

server #2: 3 cars in a deep forest in 3 different places

all vehicles were saved yesterday and all gone today.

[/quote']

You sir, have terrible luck.