Ander (DayZ)

VEHICLE UPDATE (database side): 2012-06-16

Yesterday I spent like 4+ hours on fixing an offroad, got it back to base, SAVED it shitloads of times. Today, I login back in game, into our base and it's GONE, the other two vehicles we found were there, but not the offroad. Guys what's going on!?

P.S. We found all the vehicle in the same day.

Vehicles was only reset this ONCE.

That means it would only respawn to original place after 1 server restart. Not further restarts.

If your offroad is missing but none other, then someone probably stole it.

That means it would only respawn to original place after 1 server restart. Not further restarts.

If your offroad is missing but none other' date=' then someone probably stole it.

[/quote']

Thought so. Is there any info you can give us that will determine when we will be seeing choppers in servers?

Obviously a fix will need to be patched before hand, is something like that gonna come out in the nxt patch?

If your offroad is missing but none other' date=' then someone probably stole it.

[/quote']

Thought so. Is there any info you can give us that will determine when we will be seeing choppers in servers?

Obviously a fix will need to be patched before hand, is something like that gonna come out in the nxt patch?

No wonder my tractor went missing :D

[/quote']

Well, if someone would've nicked it then they would've taken stuff from the tents aswell, but apparently no other vehicles and nothing from the tents was missing, so doubt it was taken. We're going to go check the place it spawns in to see if it's there.

Apparently.

I'll be sure to check off the map for you sometime' date=' since checking within the map on tens of different servers for a solid week didn't yield much results.

[/quote']

I've found over 10 vehicles in the past two days and not once do I go outside the map's boundaries.

Yeah I had the same issue, 1 of our ATV's was there full of loot, the other one was gone Oo

Great update, thank you for ruining our weeks of collecting vehicles(it's a sandbox game, it's what we love the most) I made sure to move all vehicles and push save yesterday, just because of this update(I was certain it was going to bug for us and there we go).

Maybe you can see a pattern, from the bugged cars what which did not disappear.

Nothing was stolen of the cars that was still there they still had(NVG's, Rocketlaunchers, Dmrs etc.)

As well as some of the "gone" cars out of gas, while if somebody stole our vehicles they would've left the 100% full and green repaired cars.

Missing cars:

2 Pickup

2 UAZ

1 Offender

1 Ural

1 ATV

Current cars:

2 Pickup

1 Bus

1 Offender

2 Cars

1 Helicopter

1 Dirtbike

And yes, I am one huge nerd of this game, and I love it so much, played it for weeks constantly now, but man, this is disappointing.

Great update' date=' thank you for ruining our weeks of collecting vehicles(it's a sandbox game, it's what we love the most) I made sure to move all vehicles and push save yesterday, just because of this update(I was certain it was going to bug for us and there we go).

Maybe you can see a pattern, from the bugged cars what which did not disappear.

Nothing was stolen of the cars that was still there they still had(NVG's, Rocketlaunchers, Dmrs etc.)

As well as some of the "gone" cars out of gas, while if somebody stole our vehicles they would've left the 100% full and green repaired cars.

Missing cars:

2 Pickup

2 UAZ

1 Offender

1 Ural

1 ATV

Current cars:

2 Pickup

1 Bus

1 Offender

2 Cars

1 Helicopter

1 Dirtbike

And yes, I am one huge nerd of this game, and I love it so much, played it for weeks constantly now, but man, this is disappointing.

[/quote']

Man you realize you are hoarding 8 vehicles +7 if the missings were included, thats 15 (Or 30% of the average servers capacity.) people you are denying the joy of roaming around in.

How freaking selfish can you be? I stumbled upon a parking lot with 3 atvs a ural a v35 and a bike, you know what I did? I drove them all to towns with the help of a friend so people would get to drive them instead of hoarders. If I ever happened upon your camp after this patch I would simply blow them all up knowing they would respawn somewhere other than where you found them and then proceed to run all of your tents over.

There should be a system where if more than three vehicles are next to eachother the extras randomly dissapear + a 1 day decay timer instead of 7 so assbags like you do not deny others fun by having a parking lot.

Man you realize you are hoarding 8 vehicles +7 if the missings were included' date=' thats 15 (Or 30% of the average servers capacity.) people you are denying the joy of roaming around in.

How freaking selfish can you be? I stumbled upon a parkinglot with 3 atvs a ural a v35 and a bike, you know what I did? I drove them all to towns with the help of a friend so people would get to drive them instead of hoarders.

There should be a system where if more than three vehicles are next to eachother the extras randomly dissapear + a 1 day decay timer instead of 7 so assbags like you do not deny others fun by having a parking lot.

[/quote']

Wow, you are such an hero, to bad I am not.

You'll realize the day you've had almost all items, have over 25 murders over different characters, all acquired in the north, when you realize you can do 600 zombie kills in a couple of hours, that there must be more to it.

Don't you think we have thought of that, it's a defense to have this many vehicles, people can't move along as freely as they would on a server with a lot of vehicles.

I don't want to be friendly, I reload my DMR for beans, and if not I never loot the body, because everybody got so bad gear.

Yes, this is provoking, but I am tired of people thinking like you, it will come a day when I might play the friendly flute, but that's not today, or tomorrow.

But let us not turn this into a flame war between bandit and survivor, ego and not beeing selfish. I just want an answer from the developers how this happened and how I can prevent it from happening in the future.(And ofcourse flame them slightly, because I do think I deserve it)

Found a Car Park? Got some M67 Grenades? Take one of the cars you like, put in the stuff you want, drive all the others together and use the M67 to enjoy the fireworks.

Help a noob. Blow up a car!

(they will respawn at the original spot later)

hmm, and this means? They are gone with all the items inside? or they will show up later at their old spots?

And btw, I don't really think it's funny, the game is supposed to be unforgiving, but not really unforgiving in the bug way(even tho, I have died more times of bugs than players/zombies)

Kinda embarresing, they were stolen, some nerd left their bike, to bad we got too many vehicles to steal :D

Are vehicle spawns totally random' date=' or are they pre-defined?

[/quote']

Pre-defined.

If we drive a vehicle off of the map and save it, will it save and delete only if it's inactive for 7 days, or will it delete instantly? The FAQ seems unclear on this.

Please explain how it is selfish for my group of 12+ DayZ players to have a stash of 6+ vehicles.

It isn't.

I've yet to ride in a MOVING vehicle and have only found 2 in playing for a week+. One was a boat out in the ocean out of fuel... no way to get fuel to it. Another was an ATV that had a damaged hull (which I fixed) and a missing engine block (or something), which my buddy and I had no way to fix. The only other vehicle I've seen drove past me in Elektro at night and drew even more zombies into aggroing me. T_T

SO, as someone with minimal vehicle contact, I still feel perfectly fine about your group having ~6 vehicles, especially since you guys seem fully legit about it.

I think it doesn't bother me because it's 2 people per car, but even if it wasn't, I feel it's still pretty realistic to the whole post apocalyptic thing. I mean if some group had the resources to get vehicles, fix them up and successfully take them away wherever, they totally would.

If ONE GROUP ends up with ALL the vehicles in the area, yes it sucks for the rest of the people in the area, but nothing is stopping them from trying to find those vehicles and stealing them--or trying to become part of that group that has all the vehicles.

I'm happy about the changes though. I don't like the idea of abandoned vehicles (probably outside the map) never being found and thus never being used again being unavailable and like the idea of unused vehicles dying and respawning. :>

If someone is big enough of a DayZ fanatic to dedicate the time and effort required in finding and repairing each and every vehicle in a server, then they deserve it if you ask me!

Man you realize you are hoarding 8 vehicles +7 if the missings were included' date=' thats 15 (Or 30% of the average servers capacity.) people you are denying the joy of roaming around in.

How freaking selfish can you be? I stumbled upon a parkinglot with 3 atvs a ural a v35 and a bike, you know what I did? I drove them all to towns with the help of a friend so people would get to drive them instead of hoarders.

[/quote']

Wow, you are such an hero, to bad I am not.

You'll realize the day you've had almost all items, have over 25 murders over different characters, all acquired in the north, when you realize you can do 600 zombie kills in a couple of hours, that there must be more to it.

Don't you think we have thought of that, it's a defense to have this many vehicles, people can't move along as freely as they would on a server with a lot of vehicles.

I don't want to be friendly, I reload my DMR for beans, and if not I never loot the body, because everybody got so bad gear.

Yes, this is provoking, but I am tired of people thinking like you, it will come a day when I might play the friendly flute, but that's not today, or tomorrow.

But let us not turn this into a flame war between bandit and survivor, ego and not beeing selfish. I just want an answer from the developers how this happened and how I can prevent it from happening in the future.(And ofcourse flame them slightly, because I do think I deserve it)

My new purpose in life instead of racking up kills and staying alive for 10+ days is not collecting vehicles, but discovering parking lots and having fun with frags. I am not a friendly flute, I just realize that every player is a human who plays the game to have fun...and vehicles are fun...damn fun.

I will not deny others that fun simply because I like to log into a collection.

I honestly think 7 days is way too long. Should be closer to 3.

Ander, why let people leave vehicles outside the map at all? And for that matter why let people put anything outside the map.

It's just silly how it is now. People have been duping tents and weapons to oblivion and have huge camps outside the map, add on top of that now they have also moved the vehicles there.

IMHO, don't let anyone save anything outside the map. Just destruct the items and let them respawn when the normal rules apply. (As mentioned in post)

IMHO' date=' don't let anyone save anything outside the map. Just destruct the items and let them respawn when the normal rules apply. (As mentioned in post)

[/quote']

That's something that will be adressed aswell, that's for sure. But currently it has nothing to do with server stability (though, who knows), the mod running itself or playability. I'm sure, the more people leave the map to look for stuff hidden behind those boundaries, the faster rocket will do something about, like placing a minefield around or a very large fence with automatic cannons to kill anyone getting to close.

Patience, everything will be fixed more or less.

Help a noob. Blow up a car!

(they will respawn at the original spot later)

... at the orignal spot ? So we can't erase a vehicle from a place unless you repair it and move it and use it daily so it won't get reseted ?

It explain why the bus of elektro came back after we blowed it... depressing.