Ander (DayZ)

VEHICLE UPDATE (database side): 2012-06-16

Changelog 2012-06-16:

All vehicles locations will be reset after server restarts. This is required to implement respawning.

* [FIXED] All land and water vehicles will now spawn in a repairable state .

* [NEW] Vehicles can now be tracked on database level, they will respawn or be reset at secret intervals once they have been destroyed.

* [NEW] Vehicles left unused too long (hidden, placed in unreachable locations, bugged) will be reset after a minimum of 7 days - this exact time of respawn is also secret.

* [NEW] Vehicles are spawned on all new servers.

Future implementation:

Vehicle models will be mixed up (randomized) a little depending on which type of vehicle that can spawn at a certain area. This means some vehicle models might become rarer.

Known issues:

Helicopters are still very dangerous to fly due to desync issues. These type of vehicles will only be available on some very old servers until this issue is fixed. Your safety as a pilot or passenger is NOT guaranteed. (hopefully fixed with release of 1.7.1, need more testing)

Note to server admins:

Serverside recommendation: Please update your arma2 server version to latest beta in preparation for 1.7.1 release.

Also make sure your battleeye files are up to date or players will have troubles playing on your server if their client version is later than 93825.

Thanks for this update. Look forward to seeing more :)

Great news!!

"All vehicles locations will be reset after server restarts. This is required to implement respawning."

Does this mean all vehicles found and repaired and not found and not repaired will be reset. So hoarded vehicles placed off the map somewhere will go back into the available pool on the game map?

Great news!!

"All vehicles locations will be reset after server restarts. This is required to implement respawning."

Does this mean all vehicles found and repaired and not found and not repaired will be reset. So hoarded vehicles placed off the map somewhere will go back into the available pool on the game map?

Probably.

Does this mean we will have helicopters available this time around?

No aircrafts yet.

All vehicles, even those outside map, hoarded etc will be reset to original location.

After this patch you can still hoard vehicles. But letting them collect dust unused will cause them to wear down and eventually they will go poof and reset to original location :)

Not exactly a realistic solution, but it's a workaround for people just moving vehicles to off map grid coordinates and then forgetting about them.

Perhaps enable helis on some servers so they can be tested properly..?

Perhaps enable helis on some servers so they can be tested properly..?

Already enabled on some servers :)

They dont work as they should. And radar makes them imba.

Changelog 2012-06-16:

All vehicles locations will be reset after server restarts. This is required to implement respawning.

* [NEW] Vehicles can now be tracked on database level' date=' they will respawn or be reset at secret intervals once they have been destroyed.

* [NEW'] Vehicles left unused too long (hidden, placed in unreachable locations, bugged) will be reset after a minimum of 7 days - this exact time of respawn is also secret.

Future implementation:

Vehicle models will be mixed up (randomized) a little depending on which type of vehicle that can spawn at a certain area. This means some vehicle models might become rarer.

Known issues:

Aircrafts are still very dangerous to fly due to desync.

Aircrafts will only be available on some very old servers until this issue is fixed. Your safety as a pilot or passanger is NOT guaranteed. (hopefully fixed with release of 1.7.1, need more testing)

Note to server admins:

Serverside: Please update your arma2 server version to latest beta in preparation for 1.7.1 release.

Also make sure your battleeye files are up to date or players will have troubles playing on your server if their client version is later than 93825.

so those of us that had stuff inside our vehicles just lost all of it?

Changelog 2012-06-16:

* [NEW] Vehicles can now be tracked on database level' date=' they will respawn or be reset at secret intervals once they have been destroyed.

* [NEW'] Vehicles left unused too long (hidden, placed in unreachable locations, bugged) will be reset after a minimum of 7 days - this exact time of respawn is also secret.

Future implementation:

Known issues:

Aircrafts are still very dangerous to fly due to desync.

Aircrafts will only be available on some very old servers until this issue is fixed. Your safety as a pilot or passanger is NOT guaranteed. (hopefully fixed with release of 1.7.1, need more testing)

Note to server admins:

Serverside: Please update your arma2 server version to latest beta in preparation for 1.7.1 release.

so those of us that had stuff inside our vehicles just lost all of it?

+1 :(

If your server is still up, then yes you can still get items out of your vehicles. If your server has restarted and the vehicle locations reset - then you are out of luck.

Vehicles, tents etc havent been a safe place to store items like in ever. This update should improve that a little bit but you'll now have to make sure your tent/vehicle is actually used regularily and not left to rot :).

*Roleplay* I'm the big bad bandit who just stole all your items and then blew up the vehicles with a satchel charge. I think that makes me the worst of them all. Sorry!

Stickifying this post.

Ah, so this is what I was experiencing. I thought I had just got crazy lucky on spawn and found a GAZ and a boat in the same area. Bleh...

Whats the deal with them spawning with gear in them? I mean there was a M16A2 M203 and about 8 mags + fuel (6 jerrys) + fuel tanks parts and other misc goods in the GAZ when I found it.

Changelog 2012-06-16:

Note to server admins:

I updated my BEC to 1.42 (Latest posted) and it is still kicking me for running 93825 Script #17. What else is required?

And what about disabling the radar function in heli ,if its possible, and make it a repairable thing like the (engine,etc)and making a new object for it for example radar computer parts, and make them rare as hell?

And could be used without the radar.

And what about disabling the radar function in heli ' date='if its possible, and make it a repairable thing like the (engine,etc)and making a new object for it for example radar computer parts, and make them rare as hell?

And could be used without the radar.

[/quote']

I like that idea.

So... this update has gone live already? And servers just need to restart to reset and respawn the vehicles?

So... this update has gone live already? And servers just need to restart to reset and respawn the vehicles?

Servers just need restart.

But I recommend serverowners to update to the latest arma2 beta version.

Update the battleeye script file and ban lists from our serverhoster repository.