Sign in to follow this  
pawlzz

Private servers and "official" servers

There are servers with privat server settings (global chat, vehicle spawns, weapons, ...), right?

And you can't transfer your saved character from one side to another, I think.

My question is: How can you be 100% sure if the server has the official rules or is a modified one?

(I would like to play on original servers only)

In my opinion the system is a bit messed up atm, I would like to see some more clarity if a server is official and requires skill or one with 5 times more vehicle spawns.

Could you help me guys?

Official servers are a death trap.

What's wrong with them?

Hackers are usually rampant.

I play DayZ since July and I only had a problem with a hacker once. I don't usually go on empty servers, but I prefer to avoid servers with a lot of people. That lowers the risk of being killed by a hacker significantly.

I like official servers without any gimmicks. Oldschool DayZ ftw!

But that's not the point. Does somebody have an answer?

• Like 1

I think servers what uses Rocket's hive can be tracked or something and get blacklisted if they have modified server set up and rules

I play DayZ since July and I only had a problem with a hacker once. I don't usually go on empty servers, but I prefer to avoid servers with a lot of people. That lowers the risk of being killed by a hacker significantly.

I like official servers without any gimmicks. Oldschool DayZ ftw!

But that's not the point. Does somebody have an answer?

Easy way? Log in, see if you still have your character.

That said, I vastly prefer private hives. Aside from the lessened presence of hackers and the like, private hives eliminate server hopping and greatly reduce combat logging as well. As an added benefit, most generate an actual 'community', as in you'll see someone you may have met before and know you can trust/know they've murdered someone else, and so on. Just some things to think on, I find private hives to be much more of an 'oldschool' DayZ experience than regular hive ever could hope to be now, but I've been playing since May so that's the experience I'm trying to recapture.

Edit: Most private hives I've played on have had essentially the standard ruleset. There are of course some with sidechat enabled, some with tons more vehicles than normal, and other things... but most of those indicate as such in the name.

Edited by Askar

Im not sure if there is a clear set naming structure to determine official hive from private but MOST private servers have the host name in it like Vilayer, HFB, etc etc.

Easy way? Log in, see if you still have your character.

That said, I vastly prefer private hives. Aside from the lessened presence of hackers and the like, private hives eliminate server hopping and greatly reduce combat logging as well. As an added benefit, most generate an actual 'community', as in you'll see someone you may have met before and know you can trust/know they've murdered someone else, and so on. Just some things to think on, I find private hives to be much more of an 'oldschool' DayZ experience than regular hive ever could hope to be now, but I've been playing since May so that's the experience I'm trying to recapture.

Edit: Most private hives I've played on have had essentially the standard ruleset. There are of course some with sidechat enabled, some with tons more vehicles than normal, and other things... but most of those indicate as such in the name.

Thanks, man. Nice info, I'll try some of these servers.

Im not sure if there is a clear set naming structure to determine official hive from private but MOST private servers have the host name in it like Vilayer, HFB, etc etc.

Good point! Thanks.

Tick "Hide Unofficial" in DayZCommander (I assume six has something similar)

Private hives have the cloud icon next to them in DZC too.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

Hi Pawlzz, the way I've been working it out is to look in the server description. The private hives seem to have the words Private Hive and Chernarus in the description. Where as the official servers don't. Also, the mission tends to be dayz on official hives and on private ones it's dayz-chernarus.

You can't transfer items across from one hive to another. So that means not between official hive servers and a private hive servers, nor between different hives.

There are benefits to official servers and private servers. You can't guarantee that the private hive admins will always be adults, let alone be fair and just. But they are much less prone to scripter kiddies. That said, like you, I've never really had a problem with them.

If you like an even playing ground then that's the official servers. The whole point of private hives is they are free to do what they like in some ways. So they can add more vehicles, for example. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Tick "Hide Unofficial" in DayZCommander (I assume six has something similar)

Private hives have the cloud icon next to them in DZC too.

Thanks! I didn't see that, I use the DayZ commander since yesterday, I used Six Launcher before.

Hi Pawlzz, the way I've been working it out is to look in the server description. The private hives seem to have the words Private Hive and Chernarus in the description. Where as the official servers don't. Also, the mission tends to be dayz on official hives and on private ones it's dayz-chernarus.

You can't transfer items across from one hive to another. So that means not between official hive servers and a private hive servers, nor between different hives.

There are benefits to official servers and private servers. You can't guarantee that the private hive admins will always be adults, let alone be fair and just. But they are much less prone to scripter kiddies. That said, like you, I've never really had a problem with them.

If you like an even playing ground then that's the official servers. The whole point of private hives is they are free to do what they like in some ways. So they can add more vehicles, for example. :thumbsup:

Finally I understand the saving mechanics completely. Many thanks to you, I play DayZ for 4 months, but private servers are a new experience for me. I will test some, but, as you say, the even playing ground is an advantage I really like. It's still good that you can choose if you can play modified or official. The server descriptions are informative, but I don't like that you can't see what really is changed in this server. Maybe you can see it later or in the standalone. This would be nice.

I'm glad that DayZ has such helping community. :thumbsup:

• Like 1