Kashus

Ain't no rest for the wicked, a can of beans don't grow on trees...

I got guns to find and mouth to feed and nothin in this world is free!

I was thinking. We have seen orchards in Charnarus, so... in Arma 3, I think being able to have some plants that we can forage should be included in the next version of the game.

Imagine...and apple saving your life. Or an orange!

All your pears are belong to me!

I've always thought about rummaging through the bushes for small fruit or berries, or checking out the trees for apples when I'm in my twenty minute forest travel mode. It'd be nice if you could find /rare/ fruit alongside animals to be an effective hunter/gatherer.

Agreed - things like adding the ability to pick mushrooms in the forests and loot the few kitchen gardens that are left would certainly add a bit to the variety.

But those features aren't anywhere near.

Mhmm - I've seen plenty of grey mushrooms as well during my treks in the forests. More animals could also be a way forward. And actual moving animals with a primitive AI for hunters to "enjoy".

Bunnies are the only animals that seem to move properly.

And yeah, I've often wished for those pumpkins/apples to be gatherable. I'm not sure about those crazy forest mushrooms but... why not? XD Could throw in some bad ones that give you visual problems for lulls.

Yeah this game needs to cater for those of us who are vegetarian! Every time I murder a cow, a little piece of my soul dies :'(

The Caged Elephants reference. Me like.

I think there should be a mechanic so that eating something doesn't fully restore hunger, and drinking doesn't fully restore thirst.

basically, drinking water refills 100%, and a soda 50%.

Your "nature gift" fruits would restore 50% of hunger: Not a good as a fart brewing can of beans, but still a life saver.

Screw apples, if i can't find a can of half-eaten beans in the trashcans littered around the world in Arma3, i'll be pissed. Cincerely, the Association For Lootable Trash.

First off, I read the thread title to the tune of the Good Times theme.

Second, I have picked apples, pomegranates, peanuts, and persimmons to eat while on patrols. In a place like Chenarus, which appears to be fairly lush, I think food would be growing in abundance. Especially with nobody around to pick it systematically.

[troll]

D00d der shud be uh vitminz met4r, n if you go to long w/0 eatin fr00t, ur vitamen meetr goe to zero n u git shingles! wud ncourege te4mw3rk!

[/troll]

Yeah this game needs to cater for those of us who are vegetarian! Every time I murder a cow' date=' a little piece of my soul dies :'(

[/quote']

...so pickpocket bean cans from sleeping survivors, no one is putting a gun to your head to butcher cows, those big dumb walking steak factories that are best served rare with blood gushing down your chin from every succulent morsel your incisors cut off.