Maybe this is common knowledge, but whenever my internet dies (which is not that often, but has died twice today), I get the "No Message Received" display notification, and when I log out and log in again, it treats it as if I've ATL-F4'd during combat and kills me.

This is the pinnacle of frustration.

I respawn with nothing.

I love DayZ, but this is a gamebreaker.

Fix it.

Hugs.

As far as i know alt+f4 during combat does not kill you so. there should be another raeson for your death, maybe someone killed you or hacked you.

Ive lost connection before and been killed but thats not something that is a product of my connection or a result of an implemented "punishment" of a combatlog..

If i understand you right..

Combatlogging dont kill you, it saves you. And its lame.

According to various posts I believe that instead of killing you [at this point in time, at least], it merely comes up in the killfeed "____COMBAT LOGGED"; something similar to that.

So thus, as stated above, your character's death was a result of something else.

Since 1.7.3 there has been a new combat mode that will kill players who "end their game session" during combat. There's a 30 second cool down period in which ABORT is disabled from the menu to prevent combat logging. I don't combat log, but whenever my internet dies, and I log out and in again, it thinks I've combat logged, and so I respawn with nothing. This has happened twice today, coincidentally right after finding rare loot.

Has anyone else experienced this?

According to various posts I believe that instead of killing you [at this point in time, at least], it merely comes up in the killfeed "____COMBAT LOGGED"; something similar to that.

So thus, as stated above, your character's death was a result of something else.

Hmm. Well, there have been no other spurious events taking place when it happened. As far as I know, I wasn't hacked. It was just that my internet died.

Hmm. Well, there have been no other spurious events taking place when it happened. As far as I know, I wasn't hacked. It was just that my internet died.

I shall have to make my internet explode in order to test it out.

This should be fun.

Since 1.7.3 there has been a new combat mode that will kill players who "end their game session" during combat. There's a 30 second cool down period in which ABORT is disabled from the menu to prevent combat logging. I don't combat log, but whenever my internet dies, and I log out and in again, it thinks I've combat logged, and so I respawn with nothing. This has happened twice today, coincidentally right after finding rare loot.

Has anyone else experienced this?

No there isnt. You've obviously read old patch notes that were changed a day later. This isnt the case. You do not die. Read the actual patch notes.

And no offense, but i would rather people with dodgey internet connections didnt make my gaming experience worse. What i mean is, if they removed this just for people like you, then combat logging would be possible. I'd rather you just got your internet sorted. It shouldnt keep going off.

Edited by Rooneye

No there isnt. You've obviously read old patch notes that were changed a day later. This isnt the case. You do not die. Read the actual patch notes.

And no offense, but i would rather people with dodgey internet connections didnt make my gaming experience worse. What i mean is, if they removed this just for people like you, then combat logging would be possible. I'd rather you just got your internet sorted. It shouldn't keep going off.

Sometimes for some players they share the internet with other people [commonly family members], thus a spike in ping/whatever cannot be anticipated. Although, not having a ping limit or stating in the name of the server that a ping limit exists would perhaps solve the ping-problem caused in-game kick.

Edited by Inception.

And no offense, but i would rather people with dodgey internet connections didnt make my gaming experience worse. What i mean is, if they removed this just for people like you, then combat logging would be possible. I'd rather you just got your internet sorted. It shouldnt keep going off.

I'm just saying that it has killed me and respawned me with nothing, twice, after my internet died. Whether it's to do with the new combat mode or not, it shouldn't do that after the "No Message Received" notification. I don't know why my internet died. All the school kids finished today. Maybe there was a spike in the area that had some effect. I don't know. Internet connections do go down sometimes. That's not the issue. Normally when I get the "No message received" thing, I log out and in, and there's no problem. Since 1.7.3 this has been happening.

Some time ago I had a video driver crash during a play session, so I was forced to close ArmAII by the activity manager. When I respawned again a few minutes later I supposed to be dead, because I spawned as a new player. The next day I played again and when I spawned into another server I did it into the location where I was before the Vcard crash...very strange, but a nice surprise for me.

...almost forgot, It happened with the 1.2.6 version of DayZ.

Edited by OldFossil

There are numerous threads on this board that explain this phenomenon. Quite often when the log-in or log-out process is interrupted or bypassed (such as with an internet drop) your player will die and end up in debug plains with no items or backpack. My recommendations are as follows:

1. Next time your internet drops, wait longer before logging back in.

2. If you do die, quite often you can run back to where your last position was and find your body.

3. If you are playing on public servers, try logging into a different server after your internet dies. It is my theory that the game kills you because you are logging into the same space your linkdead character is already occupying, thus, killing both characters.

Edited by Erizid

There are numerous threads on this board that explain this phenomenon. Quite often when the log-in or log-out process is interrupted or bypassed (such as with an internet drop) your player will die and end up in debug plains with no items or backpack. My recommendations are as follows:

1. Next time your internet drops, wait longer before logging back in.

2. If you do die, quite often you can run back to where your last position was and find your body.

3. If you are playing on public servers, try logging into a different server after your internet dies. It is my theory that the game kills you because you are logging into the same space your linkdead character is already occupying, thus, killing both characters.

Thanks Erizid.

I've had this experience in the past, and you're right.

Today was unusually different. I've had the "No Message Received" error before, usually when the server is struggling or rebooting without notification. I log out and in to a new server straight away, and there's usually no problem.

I just thought that because my internet died, maybe it assumed I had ALT-F4'd and therefore applied some kind of punishment. Because both times, I re-started on the coast with nothing. No backpack. No items. Nothing.

The first time it happened was right after I found NVGs at the NWAF. And again right after I nabbed an M14 AIM from a heli crash site.

Why oh why oh why does this happen!?!?!?

O_o

Sometimes i can't help lose connection either, like when my brother starts to torrent while playing online on the PS3.... i mean i see my ping shoot from around 36 to 300+ in a couple of seconds killing my game.

I simply go through to his room, rip out his network cable, wait 5 mins then log back in and everything seems fine, if not highly annoying spawning back in the middle of an open field!

• Like 1