Jεricho

How Stinky Is the Apocalypse?

Think about it... we have no fresh water supply, we've got corpses walking around, and we squat around in mud and forest in a destroyed Russia.

What do you guys think?

Eh There would be plenty of clothes to change into still, yeah you'd get pretty dirty but possibly propane water tanks? Always a chance to find running water

[Gift/Survey scam Removed -SmashT]

Edited by smasht_AU

I love this line...

Each and every time it appeared like a person would leave, one more group would can be found in.

i'd make sure i smelled like a rotten corpse, you know...so zombies can't smell the difference between me and one of them (although their main senses are probably hearing and sight) But hey, smell is pretty strong, why couldn't a dying body have a good sense of detecting fresh brains nearby?

• Like 1

i'd make sure i smelled like a rotten corpse, you know...so zombies can't smell the difference between me and one of them (although their main senses are probably hearing and sight) But hey, smell is pretty strong, why couldn't a dying body have a good sense of detecting fresh brains nearby?

Good idea, that brings me to the next idea... if you smelled like dead flesh, and you acted like a zombie... would they react?

Hello there

Corpses do smell quite a bit, but once the flesh and internal organs of the zeds would have rot and decomposed completely the smell would be ok again. But Zeds don't rot do they? or the game would be over quite quick.

Zeds, how to they work?

Here's a joke.

Survivor A: I say, I say, I say, my zed's got no nose..

Survivor B: By golly! Then how does he smell?

Survivor A: Awful!

*chortle*

rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Think about it... we have no fresh water supply, we've got corpses walking around, and we squat around in mud and forest in a destroyed Russia.

What do you guys think?

Not to mention everyone is living off of a diet of baked beans and sardines.

Actually, I wrote a story on DayZ while I was on stationary stay in a clinic, but I am hesitant to release it because it still has many errors (chernarus has nothing to do with croatia!) and it would also reveal my favorite base spot, but still.

My protagonist would spent times resting at bodies of water, mostly prud, to wash his clothes and himself. Also in my story the zombies do neither reek bad nor do they attract flowers. It's because animals and zombies avoid each other, so the time he ended one with the butt of an empty AK in the end he attracted more flies than the dead zed. The mornings in the wilderness would convey the freshness of the land along with the ocean breeze, but yes, especially large settlements could have a rather distinct fragrance among them... I wouldn't want to go into one of these supermarkets. And lets not talk about the corpse piles which (depending on what way you look at it) may or may not contain a fair share of uninfected people.

I reckon it all comes down to how much energy one wants to invest into personal hygiene.

With the massive population reduction, poop and urine would break down faster than it was left behind. The massive sanitation problems you usually read about spreading mass-disease are more often found in areas where a huge group of people are occupying a very small amount of land. Good examples of this are refugee camps.

The mass-grave sites with the body bags would likely stink longer because they are much more protected from the elements. They would literally decompose inside the bag and turn into soup. Everything would liquefy, including bones.

Hello there

Corpses do smell quite a bit, but once the flesh and internal organs of the zeds would have rot and decomposed completely the smell would be ok again. But Zeds don't rot do they? or the game would be over quite quick.

Zeds, how to they work?

Here's a joke.

Survivor A: I say, I say, I say, my zed's got no nose..

Survivor B: By golly! Then how does he smell?

Survivor A: Awful!

*chortle*

rgds

LoK

you are a strange fellow.

• Like 1

I was gonna make a comment about the sewers and running water, but then I remembered some houses in Chernarus have an outhouse and a well that needs to be pumped by hand :/

Did Rocket not make a comment during one of his stage appearances about diseases being spread through unsanitary conditions? I think specifically he mentioned Cherno and basically the "what if" scenario where there's a higher concentration of players there and so a higher concentration of shit/filth/etc, and the result being a higher chance of catching an infection or disease in the game.

It's a pretty intriguing idea to try and implement... definitely an "only in DayZ" type of game mechanic lol..