Anyx7

Do you have music enabled?

The music can sometimes irritate me, especially on a long walk.

How about you guys?

I turn it down to almost off.. having something in the background can be better than nothing on a mission run from kamenka to stary for example

• Like 2

Unless I can change it to something else, I will keep it off, as it is a hindrance to communication.

...I need my Aviators, dammit.

Yeah the in mod music kinda sucks. And its not even suspensful. Id rather have some ochestra playing the lord of the rings theme quietly in the background. What i loved was that on some life servers cars had built in radios. It was so badass. Kind of GTA inspired. I always thought that was so cool. Also you can download some things that allow you to stream music into game. I met this guy who had music running on direct chat. His mans mouth moved so it was like he was singing justin bieber. pretty cool

• Like 1

I thought the "music" was pretty bad. I turned it off cause it's not atmospheric at all. I wouldn't mind it if was done better, but I just remember hating it cause at times it would get really loud, like I was in a fight or something and it would throw me off completely. I usually go silent or throw a podcast on in the background. They need to take more of a cue from STALKER. That's some atmospheric sound there, though maybe with alittle less of the fake gun shots and cries of pain since that stuff is really important for awareness in DayZ lol

I have it on, every moment that I am online in DayZ.I don't mind if my character's existence is ceased abruptly because of this. Such a thing does not bother me anymore.

Without it, I feel...alone. Not just in-game.

Edited by Inception.

I don't even think I would count it as a music!

It just sounds like ambiance to be perfectly honest, and I think I have enough of that from choppers crashing into the god damn ground...

I turned it off on day one. I quite like the ambient sounds and I like being able to listen out for distant noises.

Edited by Fraggle

The first time I heard one of the "tense moment" coda sections, I put the volume straight to 0%

If the music doesn't change dynamically it will only distract me when I have it on.

I have Battery ready to roll in the event of a fight breaking out. Now I'm thinking I should change it to "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle"

I turned it off on day one. I quite like the ambient sounds and I like being able to listen out for distant noises.

Oh, I see how it is...

I turn it off(in-game) when playing DayZ, it's unfitting and very unnerving for me.. As a replacement, I play Sleeping With Sirens - Dead Walker Texas Ranger which is just perfect with DayZ while I play it.

Off, so i can hear everything. Long walks are eerie, silent and somber affairs with no forced mood.