blade12

homemade attachments

it has always annoyed me that all the good weapons with attachments are really rare so what if you could attach your own attachments. if you find something like duck tape and if you had things like a torch or a knife or possibly a lazer pointer, you could actually add them too your gun. than possibly there limited to certain types of objects and there temporary so there could even be a chance that if a zombie attacks you it gets ripped off and you need more duck tape. :o

Duck tape lol. Sorry. Anyhoo, the standalone will have customisable weapons as well as some "home-made" ones. It can't be done on the mod because of the limitations of the engine being used.

• Like 1

Actually it could be done, just delete the original weapon and spawn a new one with the attachment on it with a script, but these duct tape versions propably wouldnt be done as it would require the whole gun to be remodeled as BIS doesnt allow the editing of original models.

Hello there

Wouldn't a laser sight be a little off if its strapped on with Duck Tape?

rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Actually it could be done, just delete the original weapon and spawn a new one with the attachment on it with a script, but these duct tape versions propably wouldnt be done as it would require the whole gun to be remodeled as BIS doesnt allow the editing of original models.

Wow, you just said how it could be done and then proceeded to say why it couldn't be done. My fav sentence so far today.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Hello there

There are loads of 3rd party weapon mods (for arma)that have "attachments" already available, so no need to break any eula etc.

Just need someone with the skills, time and enthusiasm.

Rgds

LoK

Edit: I mean it can be done. sorry i'm having a brainwrong at the moment.

Edited by orlok

Wow, you just said how it could be done and then proceeded to say why it couldn't be done. My fav sentence so far today.

I said it propably wouldnt be done, that is because it requires a lot of modeling work.

They'd prolly not do it now and doing it in SA since it's too much work. I like Arma III's customization, but I've seen a "gear screen" screenshot from SA and it looks like it's gonna be awesome.

No knife or laser pointer duct taped on... knife wouldn't work, laser pointer wouldn't work. Flashlight could work on a long gun.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind some home-made attachments if the gear screen is anything like ARMA III it might work nicely

Home-made attachments could be little things attached to your weapon, such as improvised camoflauge as a simple means or a scope cover to reduce scope glint in sunlight.

I could see a flashlight strapped to a double barrel shotgun but not much else and it wouldn't last for long either, maybe a few shots at most