mattlightfoot

DayZ Main Page Statistics

Hi all,

As some of you are aware, two of the statistics on the main page (www.dayzmod.com) are incorrect. I am investigating.

The two statistics that are problematic;

Players in the last 24 Hours - This is currently showing the amount of Heroic players (players with over 5,000 Humanity). This has been changed

Unique players - The number appears to be increasing exponentially, at a totally unrealistic level so I will make the number static at 1,300,000 till we have gotten to the bottom of what is causing this inaccuracy. This has been enacted

I apologise for any inconvenience.

Matt

• Like 14

Haha, that makes a bit more sense.

I was wondering why there was a sudden influx of new players.

I just figured they were all driving Lambos by now.

• Like 2

And the zombie kill count hasn't changed in...forever

Yep. 2,147,483,647 is the largest number that can be represented by a 32-bit integer. You can probably fix that one simply by changing the datatype from INT to BIGINT.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 6

Damn we reached 2million, not sure if actual players or..

Yep. 2,147,483,647 is the largest number that can be represented by a 32-bit integer. You can probably fix that one simply by changing the datatype from INT to BIGINT.

If the counter stopped at 2Gi, then it would mean that the *average* killcount is way over 1700 zombies per player... and that's just insanely impossible. This counter should be reset to zero.

If the counter stopped at 2Gi, then it would mean that the *average* killcount is way over 1700 zombies per player... and that's just insanely impossible. This counter should be reset to zero.

How is that impossible? I'd be surprised if there weren't people with a few hundred thousand zombie kills in total by now.

Its definitely possible. I had a 50 day old account with +300 Z kills and i was avoiding 95% of zombies. Some players try to see who can get the highest Z score so I wouldn't be surprised at all.

OP updated. I have fixed the unique players at 1,300,000. Players in last 24 hours changed to the correct statement, as it shows the amount of heroic players

• Like 1

How is that impossible? I'd be surprised if there weren't people with a few hundred thousand zombie kills in total by now.

If i had only killed 1700 zeds by now i would be crying in apocalyptic shame.

Could even be varchar as I'm sure this database isn't used for anything but the stats.

Someone set up a voting bot and didn't realize this wasn't a page for the apocalypse brought about if Mitt Romney was elected.

I just want to add, that one character had 2700 zombie kills, another 2200 and a number of times where I was under 2000 zombie kills but over 1000. I would imagine that I've killed over 10,000 infected combined. They add up much fast than you think.

some get that many in one life.