ProjectMile

Just started playing, why am I always on the same place?

Hi! This is my first day on DayZ and I love the game but having some troubles that are destroying my motivation to keep playing the game. First of all, when I choose server from withSix, why do I need to pick a server one more time? I thought it would be easier just to pick only one server.

Next problem is why do I start on the same place (not sure what the place is called, but there are a small city with houses sorrounded by woods)? Getting really annoyed since I start on the same place and need therefore go a lot to find another city.

Why doesn't the game save my stuff when I jump into a new server? The "Save" button doesn't work and every time I'm going to play DayZ, I need to start all over again. I found a FN FAL but lost it earlier this day when I took a break and returned back.

Where do I find the "right" server? It looks like every server I find, are belonging to a third party. Do DayZ-crew have offical server?

You are probably joining different private hives. These will not be connected to the main hive so each server you will have a different character on. There are no official dayz servers but there is an official dayz hive, that many servers are connected to. I recommend downloading dayz commander as you can look at recent servers joined and play on them :) i also recommend sticking to 1 private server with active admins that requires you to be whitelisted... this usually helps keep hackers away :) hope this helps?? :)

Edited by Timmymachine109

It used to be so that there were only hive-servers.

This meant that no matter what server you played on, you always had the same gear and position, as data was carried over from every server to the others.

Now, there are "private hives."

This means that some/most server hosts are NOT connected to the Hive anymore. So in order to keep your progress, you have to join the same server to have continue on what you were doing. Otherwise you simply start over.

Wait, what's the way of life for all whoever has been struggling from the disorder of erectile dysfunction? Maybe if they post it one more time I'll get the message.

Next problem is why do I start on the same place (not sure what the place is called, but there are a small city with houses sorrounded by woods)?

Oh... the small city surrounded by woods... I know exactly where you are!

The guys have already said it... you're joining separate private hives. Find a server you like and try to stick with it. You'll get to keep your stuff that way. As for spawning in the same place... That's a bit weird but I'm guessing you're just getting bad luck everytime you join a new hive.

Good luck with your issues!

Thanks guys for the help! Really appreciate it.

Sorry for not being accurate with the destination I've always being replaced on. I will install now DayZcommander.

Btw why do I need to pick a server from DayZcommander/whiteSix and choose a new server again from gamespy?

You will need to choose a server to join in DayZ Commander, when you find a few you like you can add them to favourites.

Choose the option to hide different versions of the mod and game so it narrows down the list of servers for you - are you looking for a public server or just want to find a private one to play on? Also what region are you looking to join (US, Europe etc)?

I already know that but do you or anyone else know why I need to pick to server (one from DayzCommander and one from gamespy)?

Anyway thanks for a fast reply

I have no idea what you mean about picking a server from gamespy................ I just pick a server from DayZ Commander and join it..........?

• Like 1

When you're using Play withSIX, type "@hive" (without parenthesis) into the "Mod" filter.

Now the ServerBrowser will only show servers on the public hive (beware of script kiddies)

If you type "!@hive" it will show any server NOT on the hive. (exclamation mark inverts the filter)

GnVWN.jpg

Any server on the hive will allow you to keep your gear between play sessions on any @hive server.

If you use Play withSIX or DayZ Commander, gamespy shouldn't be getting activated. It never has been for me.

Try closing gamespy when it pops up after you pick a server through another program.

EDIT: Actually I deleted everything to do with gamespy from my computer, so that might be what stops it from opening :wacko:

Edited by Chabowski

Maybe I did something wrong then.. Whenever I'm going to play DayZ, I click on a server from DayZcommander and the next thing that pop on my screen is a new server screen (I can see the same ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead menu background), from where I need to pick a server and only then can I play it.

Did I installed something wrong?

I tried to paste a printscreen to show what I mean by two servers but somehow it wont copy the second server list :/

Chabowski, I used withSix but changed to DayZcommander but I can see the same option list in both programs.

I searched "@hive" and also tried to search only "hive" but unfortunely, I only found 4 servers from DayZcommander. But DayZcommander have an option where I can choose to hide "unofficals" so I guess I don't need to type in "hive" anyway.

Edited by ProjectMile

Ohh, didn't see the texts below your picture @Chabowski! :P I will try to delete anything that has to do with Gamespy. If that won't work, I hope it work by closing Gamespy.

EDIT: Didn't work, I haven't installed Gamespy earlier but I will upload a picture which would make you guys understand me much better.

Edited by ProjectMile

sorry for spamming

Here, I took several pictures

1: Choosing a server from DayZcommander

2: Second thing that pop on my screen. Here I need to choose a new server

3: I clicked Gamespy away, just as Chabowski said, by clicking on "cancel".

sorry for spamming

Sorry, I messed up with the photos. Second and the third one need to switch place.

1st: choosing a server from DayzCommander

2th: Second thing that pop on my screen. Here I need to choose a new server

3rd: I clicked Gamespy away, just as Chabowski said, by clicking on "cancel".

Edited by ProjectMile

sorry for spamming

Here, I took several pictures

1: Choosing a server from DayZcommander

2: Second thing that pop on my screen. Here I need to choose a new server

3: I clicked Gamespy away, just as Chabowski said, by clicking on "cancel".

sorry for spamming

Sorry, I messed up with the photos.

1st photo: Picture of DayZcommander with server list

2th photo: Picture of a new server list, Gamespy logo on the top

3rd photo: Picture of the menu (guess it is menu from Arma2: OP)

post-126442-0-12951800-1352642106_thumb.

post-126442-0-34712700-1352642125_thumb.

post-126442-0-46184000-1352642144_thumb.

Edited by ProjectMile

I'm really sorry for posting so many comments. I'm new to this forum and struggle to edit my comments. I just don't have any idea why there are so many comments that are mine. I pushed on "edit" button but somehow it ended to multply my comments. Anyway, this and my previous message are the final edited comments.

ps: i don't speak so well english

I didn't notice the server menu is powered by gamespy :blush: (stupid me)

it seems like your DayZ commander is launching the game, but not the server. Very strange. It could be something misspelled in the command line, or any number of things.

To keep things simple, I would recommend a fresh install of ArmA2 Combined Ops. Don't manually install the mod, but let DayZ commander/Play withSIX apply any updates it asks for.

You might also find answers at the DayZ Commander Troubleshooting Forum. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Edited by Chabowski

I'm really sorry for posting so many comments. I'm new to this forum and struggle to edit my comments

there is an "Edit" button at the bottom of your posts for fast editing.. from there you can go to a full editor with another button ("Use Full Editor")

I didn't notice the server menu is powered by gamespy :blush: (stupid me)

it seems like your DayZ commander is launching the game, but not the server. Very strange. It could be something misspelled in the command line, or any number of things.

To keep things simple, I would recommend a fresh install of ArmA2 Combined Ops. Don't manually install the mod, but let DayZ commander/Play withSIX apply any updates it asks for.

You might also find answers at the DayZ Commander Troubleshooting Forum. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Hmm, I'm getting a little confused now. Do you mean that I need to reinstall Arma2: Compined Operations? In that case, I deleted it yesterday and downloading everyhting now. Just in case I do something wrong, could you just check if I understood the rules how to install Dayz mod? Install both Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead (beta also) ---> run both games (ARma 2 & Arma2:OA) to the menu --> Install Dayzcommander --> then ready to play?

EDIT: By the way, I bought Arma2: Compined Operations trough Steam and somehow I can't find Arma2: Beta on my library. Do I need it? In this website, it says that I need Arma2: Beta. http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/How_to_install_DayZ

Edited by ProjectMile

Ok. I've deleted and downloaded ArmA2: Compined Operation and DayZcommander. It didn't helped. I considering to manually download DayZ mod manually by following this video toturial

If anyone got a better idea, I would appreciate it!

Edit: You know what guys? After the video, I saw that there are an option in DayZcommander settings, where I forgot to download Dayz Mod from there :P haha, there I wasted 6 hours of re-downloading ArmA2: OP and my weekend. Well well, I appreciate all the help that I received and wishing everyone out there good luck with hunting! :) Thanks and maybe we'll see eachother on DayZ :)

Edited by ProjectMile

Obviously you have no idea of DayZ yet...

DayZ have a lot of spawnings locations near the coasts always random where you spawn but always near the coast you don't always spawn the same place you can also spawn near larger cities like Elektro and Cherno with lots of enterable houses/sheds/churches the DayZ character system saves your character globally so when you join a server all your gear and location should be the same but i think the issue you are having is that you joined/is joining a Private hive not connected to the global character system i personally use "DayZ Commander" since its easy to opperate and you can update download new content and so on here's a little video on getting started:

Peter Larsen: I actually knew most of everything you mentioned, even before I bought ArmA2: OP. :)