Sign in to follow this  
Piacesi

Barbed wire...

>:(

I dont know how many years i need wait to the dayz team put a new rule, to the player cant build a barbed wire into the houses in the doors, etc... i d' like see this rule or other item ( or more of this item ) to the player can use to destroy this...

>:(

• Like 1

Barbed wire is great!

I use it all teh time to keep noobs outta barrackz!

Why? If you are that fearful of the competition you are playing the wrong game.

• Like 2

just get a toolbox, barbed wire is such a non issue.

Why? If you are that fearful of the competition you are playing the wrong game.

really dim assertion. the more you can hinder those who might shoot you the better.

Edited by Dankine

It is nothing wrong with using barbed wire. It's a correct and good use of barbed wire to block enterances etc. You can get a entrenching tool to destroy it. Fair use

Hi,

We're looking at tweaking the use of barbed wire.

There may be some places where they "shouldnt" be placed. But a lot of barbed wire uses are valid.

• Like 2

you should search for a tool box exactly like you search for matches..or binoculars..when you have it barbed wire is more less like a zombie in front of the door..

really dim assertion. the more you can hinder those who might shoot you the better.

Get awful boring around here if no one was shooting at me. Reckon thats another dim assertion.

I understand the strategic concept of placing barriers. To place barriers just to keep a random noob from getting a weapon speaks weakness to me. Tells me that wire is way to common. I find wire all the time and have never bothered to pick it up. Thats just me being dim again

Could someone please turn on the light?

just get a toolbox, barbed wire is such a non issue.

just get a toolbox'' is too easy to pick one if all houses and builds is with a barbed wire in the doors.....

just get a toolbox'' is too easy to pick one if all houses and builds is with a barbed wire in the doors.....

I THINK you're saying you cant get a toolbox because all the doors are blocked by barbed wire, is that what you're saying? Because if so, really, you're talking shite arent you? I mean really.

If barbed wire was IMPOSSIBLE to remove I might agree with you. But what you're saying is you're too lazy to go look for a toolbox, you want to be in that building NOW! Childish attitude.

HOWEVER, they should make it so that you dont have to scroll on the EXACT tiny little bar that can be HIDDEN or blockedd so you cant scroll over it to remove. Thats what needs changing, it doesnt need removing.

Edited by Rooneye

Barbed Wire is use exactly for what it is intended, to make a location more difficult to get past. The *ONLY* current problems with barbed wire are as follows:

1. Barbed Wire will re-appear upon server reset even if it has been removed. This is what causes most of the frustration when certain buildings are almost permanently troll-closed.

2. It is annoyingly difficult to find the proper spot to get the menu option to remove it. The center post sometimes will only barely register and clicking the remove wire option is way more labor intensive than it should be.

Fix these two problems and barbed wire will be just fine.

I rarely see barbed wire these days. If I do its usually just some sap that placed it out in the middle of nowhere.

I find more toolboxes and entrenching tools than I do barbed wire... see where this is going?

takes all of two seconds to get the remove barbed wire option up.

It does if you can see it yeah. Sometimes you cant, they (whether by fluke or on purpose) put it in a way that the thing is blocked, by a wall or stairs or whatever, obviously this has never happened to you, so that means it doesnt happen, obviously :P

Edited by Rooneye

It does if you can see it yeah. Sometimes you cant, they (whether by fluke or on purpose) put it in a way that the thing is blocked, by a wall or stairs or whatever, obviously this has never happened to you, so that means it doesnt happen, obviously :P

it means it happens so rarely, in my experience, that it is negligible.