VRocker

Bugs since 1.7.3

I recently upgraded my server to 1.7.3 and we have noticed a few bugs in the server which are rather evil.

Firstly, some vehicles tend to not save or wipe their gear occasionally, but not all the time.

We loaded up a hilux 2 days ago with a load of gear and restarted the server. After the first restart the gear was there but after the second, it was gone. This has also happened with 1 tent once, but it hasn't happened since.

With the tent not saving, we deployed 2 at the same time and put gear in both, then saved them both at the same time but only 1 kept the gear so something random is happening...

Another thing i have noticed with 1.7.3 is when you crash a heli Battleye kicks you for a script restriction (#36 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"), this has actually saved my life twice so far since the game doesn't tell the hive you have died (or even that the heli has exploded, just that it has damage)

Last night was the strangest of all though. The previous nights the vehicles have always saved their position even if they hadn't saved the gear, but after a server restart this morning their positions had reset. This includes a heli that i had crashed into the airfield, it had respawned back at camp with the damage done in the crash but all its gear intact.

Is the hive just ignoring my server occasionally or are these known bugs?

• Like 1

I encountered the chopper bug yesterday. I opened up my saw on a just departing chopper, and all passengers survived because they were kicked while the chopper crashed into the ground. I died after because the entire crew logged back in at random positions around the chopper crash.. That was fun.. not

Strange, the filters are kept up to date every day direct from the community ban list. Just double checked them and they are up to date, only recently noticed it happening (then again, how often do you crash a heli :P)

I do realise that the kick is from battleye, but sholdn't the mod try to update the player details on kick? Or is battleye kicking before the player actually dies?

What about the issues with gear saving only working sometimes? Is anybody else getting it? Quite annoying when you find an AS50, plonk it in your vehicle and there being a 50/50 chance of it going *poof*

I had this happen today:

http://dayzmod.com/f...as-having-died/

Basically logged off fine this morning at 2:45am EDT, then logged in at 12:30pm today and showed up as having died. Respawned all the way across the map at Otmel without any items, except I kept my military clothing, my poor health, and food and drink status. More detail in the thread.

Getting really tired of losing items due to vehicles not saving, and tents having similar issues.The server is also not very busy, generally maybe 7 - 9 people. Last night it was me, myself and I.

Edited by sniperdoc

Agreed on many of these points. I can only echo what everyone is saying. Guys, this does not shine to well for the team that is expected to release a "standalone" game in less than a month of two??? I love the game and the idea, but I really fear we are all in for Hackfest/Bugfest for many, many, many months after release. I know this is the case with many new releases, but if the team cant fix the mod, then whats that say about the full games future?

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying this game and thank everyone involved in the making of this mod... however:

I think some of these bugs are really simple fixes and just aren't being addressed. Just yesterday evening I put a DRM into an Alice Pack with only 6 slots and it totally disappeared. I mean come on... how about a simple (pack is full) or just don't let it be moveable. A simple, If available slots = 8 then move, if not don't f-ing move it.

Considering that just maintaining a mod seems to be an issue, I can't say I'd be willing to BUY an Alpha product. I mean... dogs people? You put in dogs when the rest of the mod doesn't even work right?

Just yesterday evening I put a DRM into an Alice Pack with only 6 slots and it totally disappeared. I mean come on... how about a simple (pack is full) or just don't let it be moveable. A simple, If available slots = 8 then move, if not don't f-ing move

You actually need 10 slots for a primary and 5 for a sidearm.

Getting kicked from any kind of server on Join, private hive-regular hive "Battleye script restriction #228-9.

It's been since Saturday like this, it's really pissing me off :(

You actually need 10 slots for a primary and 5 for a sidearm.

I get that, but nowhere does it tell you that, and also... why would it just go *poof*? That's really the issue at hand. Disappearing vehicles, disappearing tents, weapons, gear in general, etc... these are items that should be resolved before there's work done on something like "dogs."

And again, just reiterating, if they can't get a simple check or "save item" working properly it makes me question how they can hope to even charge for the alpha stand-alone version. :(

I get that, but nowhere does it tell you that, and also... why would it just go *poof*? That's really the issue at hand. Disappearing vehicles, disappearing tents, weapons, gear in general, etc... these are items that should be resolved before there's work done on something like "dogs."

And again, just reiterating, if they can't get a simple check or "save item" working properly it makes me question how they can hope to even charge for the alpha stand-alone version. :(

The items are actually dropped in my experience lately. Check the ground. Weapons may just be clipping under the ground texture.

Yeah, that's what I thought initially too. Already lost massive amounts of weapons due to this bug. I check around the tent are area and nothing there. I check where I was standing when I put a weapon in too full a pack... gone. :(

Additionally, I don't know why they segregated the items you can put into tents into different groups anyways. That just seems to add more complexity that's not necessary. 70 items in a tent, done. Same like a pack. That way you can look at your 0/70 or 14/70 or n/70 and just do some quick math instead of trying to figure out what constitutes a tool vs an item and then what weapons you have and see if the tools and weapons add up to 10.

Try 1.7.4.3 on the DayZ.nu testservers .

You can get all the files from the CDN or www.dayz.nu

1.7.4.3 is our release candidate.

After I try that, do I have to roll it back somehow to play on a 1.7.3 server?