Smarkie

Molotov cocktails

How about you make it that you need an empty whiskey bottle and bandage and gas from a jerry can or from a fuel dump to make a Molotov cocktail? that would be awesome.

• Like 2

And what would you do with it? It has poor explosive radius as it doesnt really explode, and theres not enough vehicles around for you to ambush and burn.

Molotov coctails are great for a number of things if the game were fully realistic and destructable. First off, decomposing bodies give off a number of flammable gasses (methane and hydrogen sulphide) which would make them go up real nice. A molotov coctail is much easier to come by than a grenade which also makes it a great tactical weapon. Somebody held up in a house, tree stand, behind a rock, etc would not be able to dig in so readily if a molotov was available.

I also think molotovs would be great for destroying vehicles (mostly the tires if ignited, or a massive fire if it entered through the glass), destroying tents and even buildings. A few molotovs into a barracks and goodbye.

This goes along with my theory that certain servers should have finite buildings and items. All the barracks destroyed on a server? Much fewer people with high powered guns running around in the end of the world

• Like 1

And what would you do with it? It has poor explosive radius as it doesnt really explode, and theres not enough vehicles around for you to ambush and burn.

I see you're a scouser, so your lack of imagination doesnt surprise me!

:D hehe joke joke, but yeah come on man it would be awesome, throw a smoke watch zombies pile up, *woooomph* *smash* *burn!*

Yeah, I also have an idea on how to implement it: There would be full bottles of whiskey found (in addition to the empty ones), then just some random rag from a dumpster and some gasoline. And obviously something to light it with, a lighter as a new item. This could be one of those "crafted" weapons Rocket wants to add.

Edited by Sutinen

Yeah, I also have an idea on how to implement it: There would be full bottles of whiskey found (in addition to the empty ones), then just some random rag from a dumpster and some gasoline. And obviously something to light it with, a lighter as a new item. This could be one of those "crafted" weapons Rocket wants to add.

but we allready got matches ^^

i love molis. great tactical tool with +90% enterable buildings.

Edited by Bezki

We already have matches, haven't we? Now every Zed (or survivor) is a potential fireplace to warm up in these cold nights! Hooray!

Only problem will be the coding and programming of dynamic fire. I.E. zeds on fire, walking around before dropping to ashes.

Edit: Oh, Bezki was slightly faster...

Edited by Shavitz

We already have matches, haven't we? Now every Zed (or survivor) is a potential fireplace to warm up in these cold nights! Hooray!

Only problem will be the coding and programming of dynamic fire. I.E. zeds on fire, walking around before dropping to ashes.

Edit: Oh, Bezki was slightly faster...

its a little sad but it made me laugh using a survivor as a fireplace, allthough TREES&HATCHETS everywhere ^^

ps: ninja'd eheh

Edited by Bezki

Fireplaces made of wood are soo old school...

Heating up myself with a bunch of burning bandits will be my way of keeping warm. That is, if they don't turn me into bbq first...

Molotovs should DEFINITELY be in the game I think! And perhaps some more craftables like jerrycan + rag or bandage = canister bomb. Higher burning radius, heavier thus harder to throw. Just a quick idea.

yes yes yes we all know that this is a good idea. Congratulations on being the 1342840983209 person to think of it! You win!

but we allready got matches ^^

i love molis. great tactical tool with +90% enterable buildings.

Well, you know it would require a long animation of you first lighting the match, then taking the molotov cocktail out.

I thought it was much simpler, that you just take the lighter and the molotov in your other hand, then just light it and throw.

Now that I think about it, I think those both should be implemented.

yes yes yes we all know that this is a good idea. Congratulations on being the 1342840983209 person to think of it! You win!

Me? Where's my price?? Beans or what? :P

It's just an idea. Yep, it's good. And I didn't read the suggestion before.

Yeah, the problem after all is the coding of it. Of everything. For the easy way you wouldn't need new animations. Just like a grenade with flames instead of shrapnel explosion. But the burning or flames on characters may be difficult to do. It would be great if someone made full animations to it, but it's rather difficult to do as of what I know.

Edit: But since we have no animations on pin pulling grenades, picking up items, chopping wood and make fireplaces either, this is not that much of a problem, right?

Edited by Shavitz

Me? Where's my price?? Beans or what? :P

It's just an idea. Yep, it's good. And I didn't read the suggestion before.

Yeah, the problem after all is the coding of it. Of everything. For the easy way you wouldn't need new animations. Just like a grenade with flames instead of shrapnel explosion. But the burning or flames on characters may be difficult to do. It would be great if someone made full animations to it, but it's rather difficult to do as of what I know.

Edit: But since we have no animations on pin pulling grenades, picking up items, chopping wood and make fireplaces either, this is not that much of a problem, right?

From what I understand, standalone will be getting shitloads of added animations. They can do all kinds off stuff like limping and vomiting. And on top of that, I heard bows are being added as well. So I think that's a bunch of new animations.

Yay! This sounds great! Bows are cool! Somehow I can't find crossbows in the game anymore... Only the steel bolts.