Sign in to follow this  
Vector636

Suggestions for potential items to help increase realism

Since i first started playing DayZ i marveled at what some people complained about when i was researching the game. The depth and realism the game offers it seems like a real zombie apocalypse. So i started this thread for people to give suggestions, on future items that could be implemented in future DayZ updates or in the standalone game itself.Here are some ideas i have thought of myself: criticism wanted

A Right angled military flashlight that could be placed on the vest to keep your hands free would have a much lower spawn rate compared to the other two flashlights.

Pouches ​the first time i saw a Czech vest pouch i thought it was an extra pouch i would like to see rare extra military pouches that would increase the side or main inventory by a unit the rarer the pouch the higher the unit.

I've heard talk about buildable areas so i would like to see Rain barrels that could be used to collect rain for drinking or filling canteens.Other base type items could be implemented like Floodlights that could light up a large area but also have the potential to attract unwanted guests,i saw ruarz post about keycards i think that could be implemented with a Electric fence that could damage players and zombies alike but players would also be knocked unconscious this could make looters work for their prizes. And alot of these placed items could be powered by a Portable Generator that could be broken by zombie or player.

I think the idea of having to have another player transfuse blood for you is a great idea but i think an I.V stand could work you wouldn't receive any karma and the process should take much longer than with another player and i think you should have to remain immobile, the I.V. stand should be fairly rare and it should take up a good amount of space.

I also think Bandages could be tweaked a little maybe they could be physically shown when applied you could see if someone has recently bandaged themselves and for serious wounds bandages should have to be changed with fresh ones to keep from bleeding.

There will be a smaller pouch in standalone, and some maps already have a hands-free Mil. Flashlight.

how about no...jk

I really like the idea of a hands free flashlight and extra pouches

aah i see i didn't know about the flash light i haven't played alot i at least i hope to see it more widely used what are the pouches going to be like i was just thinking along the lines of how you increased your inventory in Re 4.

aah i see i didn't know about the flash light i haven't played alot i at least i hope to see it more widely used what are the pouches going to be like i was just thinking along the lines of how you increased your inventory in Re 4.

I've heard we may get headlamps in the standalone. :D

Some more ideas

Snares for catching wildlife would be a good survival tool small snares for rabbits and larger ones for boar.

Tracking Devices that you could place onto a vehicle it could use distance and direction, beeping louder or softer the closer you got to it, just something for people who have had a vehicle stolen it atleast gives a small possibility to find it and maybe if you had a gps you could track the coordinates and there is always the chance to die and for someone to take your tracker

Some more ideas

Snares for catching wildlife would be a good survival tool small snares for rabbits and larger ones for boar.

Tracking Devices that you could place onto a vehicle it could use distance and direction, beeping louder or softer the closer you got to it, just something for people who have had a vehicle stolen it atleast gives a small possibility to find it and maybe if you had a gps you could track the coordinates and there is always the chance to die and for someone to take your tracker

We already have Bear Traps, but Tracking Devices seem a little overpowered.

• Like 1

yeah I've heard about bear traps even though I've never seen one i was thinking about something along the lines of having a small chance to generate a dead animal corpse(small snares only generate rabbits) after a couple of hours something you can gut but is different from a animal that has been killed by a player or a bear trap in terms that it takes longer for the body to disappear something you can leave near your camp and come back to and about the tracking device typically they only work within a short distance of the transmitter but yeah your right it does seem kinda overpowered.

Isn't there a torch which attaches to the vest in Lingor? It would be simple to port it over. As far as more storage, I've always been amazed at he lack of function on trousers and other clothing not being utilized.

I have had many bear traps and never used it for hunting, not even for trapping other players. I always just leave them, to free up a slot for something more useful. I would like to see snares for animal hunting, but with Dog's being introduced they can track animals near your location (Up to 900m?)

I've heard some people talk about mag's being separate items i think they could add a bullet loader along with that so with enough materials you could manufacture your own ammunition to a certain extent, you probably wouldn't be able to make some of the larger caliber military rounds.

Edited by Vector636

And once again why are we not being told of the advances that the new UI will have.Its a bad decision to go silent since devs do not get things right as witnessed by Arma's inventory.There are so many people here that could look at the new ideas and add to them before anything gets set in stone.

How about being able to have something in each hand? One of the things i liked about Skyrim was a separate button was for each hand. Rifles etc of course require two hands, but you could also have:

Revolver/M1911/Makarov and a Flashlight.

Two handguns - however reloading would take a long time.

Oh, i forgot one: Handgun and Fireball spell.

• Like 1

jsw_hb_3-293x189.jpg

Also allow hunting knife to be held in secondary. Hunting knife + flashlight or hunting knife + glock pleeeeease.

Edited by jabberwock

How about being able to have something in each hand? One of the things i liked about Skyrim was a separate button was for each hand. Rifles etc of course require two hands, but you could also have:

Revolver/M1911/Makarov and a Flashlight.

Two handguns - however reloading would take a long time.

Oh, i forgot one: Handgun and Fireball spell.

Sidearm acuracy should be effected when "dual weilding" (that term just sounds wrong in the context of DayZ :) ).

Here's one:

A Distillery.

- It could make a large veriaty of alcohole - depending on your ingredience.

- The proof could vary - the best/highest being 'medical' alcohole.

- Alcohole could be used instead of painkillers/morphean as well as antibiotics (cleaning wounds etc).

- There could be addiction associated with it, but then there should also be morphean addiction.

- It could be a item that group play could build around, much like vehicles, and would be an interesting addition to a camp (ala stand alone).

Edited by Hoik

user-created alcohol is actually an awesome idea. not only would it have practical benefits like what you suggested, it would likely improve the social aspect of dayz vastly.

ie. powerful groups get to party all night long!

that said this would be so far down the list of priorities that we should all just pretend it was never suggested at all!

user-created alcohol is actually an awesome idea. not only would it have practical benefits like what you suggested, it would likely improve the social aspect of dayz vastly.

ie. powerful groups get to party all night long!

that said this would be so far down the list of priorities that we should all just pretend it was never suggested at all!

lol. I see your point.