Sign in to follow this  
permaphrost

Just found portable generator... legit?

Not spawning as far as i know. Be carefull with that.

I found one of these when I started playing a a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I've died dozens of times by now :P.

I am not sure if they are legit at this moment, but the model of that portable generator is in the DayZ mod, the same goes for some other thing, boxes stuffed with food and medical supplies.

[attachment=926][attachment=927][attachment=928][attachment=929]

I think that these are for future updates, the generator would be very handy, the Arma II engine has searchlights for example, perhaps you are also to charge flashlight- and car batteries? Who knows. What has Rocket in store for us?

A well stocked supermarket, I mean finding one of those boxes and you are loaded.

The boxes with medical supplies currently can be found on Hospital roofs.

And inside the hospital's, which almost everyone already knows.

Not sure if legit. I find them all the time in Weapon crates though (Not legit.)

Edited by Occy

You can refill it with jerry cans and it has the interact menu when you're in a house (works only in certain buildings) to light it up. Now the question is: how you keep it back into your archive? There's no option to pick it up again after have been place on the ground.

Don't think it's legit, that being said it currently does nothing anyway, will be implemented in the future. Rocket talked about it in a PC Gamer interview a while back.

Yeah, I heard word of you guys working on a power grid or electricity mechanic…

Hall: Yeah, because all of these models are actually already in-game, and a lot of the mechanics, but they need a lot of refining. The generator thing’s easy, you just fill it up and it runs a thing and then you can connect lights to it, it’s pretty straightforward.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/22/day-z-arma-3-interview-on-left-4-dead-skyrim-player-emotion-and-in-game-disease/

Edited by smasht_AU

Does anything happen when you right click on it?

The DayZ Dev Team clearly drops stuff like this in Bars in Cherno/Elektro ... Search for it ... nooooww ... anyone remember the iPhone 4 Prototype in a Bar near San Francisco?

Interesting find, but what's the point? Light up a house in Cherno and you may as well strap a giant neon arrow onto your head, with the words 'shoot me' emblazoned on it.

I've found one before. They are going to be used to power radio jammers which will stop anyone logging in within 1000m of the location the jammer is placed, IE..your camp. Probably for the standalone though.