Inception.

Endgame content in Standalone

I've done everything possible in DayZ. [Excluding the completely silly specifics...some of you are creative, to say the least.] Collected every weapon and had them all at the same time. Played every map. Driven every vehicle. Had every vehicle at the same time for days/weeks. Flown a helicopter into a bus because I had nothing better to do. Drove a bus into a lake. Had a bus with 24 people in it and driven it through every major town in Chernarus. Satchel charged buildings...you name it

Now then, my question is, will there be much more end-game content in Standalone? Maybe things that only the elite of the elite of the elite of the elite of the best of the best of the best of the Tom Cruise could complete?

So yes, that's my question. Does anyone have any information regarding the topic?

Due to my failure to correctly articulate what I wanted to say, it has led to many misintepretations.

Let me re-explain everything.

I'm after more content, really. More maps, more vehicles, more weapons [either high-tier or low-tier, it doesn't bother me]...etc. More areas [such as underground]. A more interactable environment. I don't know why I said it the way I did. Probably because I was tired. Anyway, the main thing I want is for it to be harsher. Zombies are more difficult. Environment is less forgiving. More of a constant thing, as appose to merely having a helicopter.

My sincere apologies to everyone I mislead--Box, Pendragon, etc--.

Edited by Inception.

No end game as far as we've been informed. There will apparently be a bit of a "back story" for players to uncover if they wish to do so by piecing together some clues within the world, but nothing that will be enforced on players and certainly nothing that will influence game play (that we know).

I think you have got to remember that this game is aimed at a very specific audience, if you want achievements, unlocks, end games, single player story lines and to be basically entertained instead of entertaining yourself with the game and simply enjoying the title for what it is, then maybe this game isn't for you.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

No end game as far as we've been informed. There will apparently be a bit of a "back story" for players to uncover if they wish to do so by piecing together some clues within the world, but nothing that will be enforced on players and certainly nothing that will influence game play (that we know).

I think you have got to remember that this game is aimed at a very specific audience, if you want achievements, unlocks, end games, single player story lines and to be basically entertained instead of entertaining yourself with the game and simply enjoying the title for what it is, then maybe this game isn't for you.

The game is for me. I'm not looking for achievements, unlocks or single player storylines. I'm just looking more stuff. Maybe bigger maps. Larger vehicle and weapon choice. Different environments.

What I am really wanting is a harsher environment. A more difficult game.

The people who says this game doesnt need end game are weird. EVERY game need some kind of endgame so it can keep us longer. Looting becomes boring if you have done it 100 times, and the only interesting thing left is to kill other players ( thats why there is so many PK, theres no other thing to do)

I've always thought that there should be some kind of "instances" [eg. you have information that in metro ( we need metro ; ) ) is large stack of ammo or whatever, something that would be appropriate to take such risk) that would be really hard to pass without proper cooperation between players ( now im just waiting for hate to start :) )

Edited by Kaczor

Well the map is bigger for a start. I would hope there will be more weapons, however it looks like there will be more bottom end civilian weapons rather than the military grade weapons and we would hope with tighter game controls and what not the cheating/scripting will be kept in check better so there would be less exploited weapons/kit.

In addition the game sounds like it will run smoother with less bugs and with loot and zombie systems being fully re-written it certainly sounds as if the game will be a lot more challenging than it presently is.

• Like 1

The people who says this game doesnt need end game are weird. EVERY game need some kind of endgame that so it can keep us longer. I've always thought that there should be some kind of "instances" [eg. you have information that in metro ( we need metro ; ) ) is large stack of ammo or whatever, something that would be appropriate to take such risk) that would be really hard to pass without proper cooperation between players ( now im just waiting for hate to start :) )

I hate you dont worry ;)

Inception, I believe there will indeed be more to do in the SA. Lets hope no instances or any of that crap, But things to gather, build, repair, hunt/fish/grow need to be incorporated into DayZ. Now to be honest I do yern for some type of public "dungeons" where it is near impossible to complete even before the PK's arrive. Something along the lines of thousands of Zombies and some grade a loot in random areas just waiting to be discovered. (I doubt this feature will ever be in DayZ tho. ;) I am cool with that, as long as I have freedom and no questing. Hopefully Rocket will bring his "A" game and knock our socks off in the end!

Kaczor I agree with Box! Now go and lash yourself with some wet cardboard!

• Like 1

I think (and hope) that the extent of end game we get is more maps to keep us busy. I definitely agree that this is targeted towards a specific group of gamers, those who prefer the player driven experience. That being said, a player driven experience has all the end game you can come up with. I'm almost at 400 hours on the mod and nowhere near bored. Every time I play, it's a different experience. I really, truly hope it stays this way, because it's an extinct breed of gaming, and it's nice to see this much interest in it in this day.

• Like 1

I really dislike the word endgame, it suggests there should be a goal that every player should strive for. It doesn't belong in a sandbox game imo.

I would not like a type of end game. This game is a open world survival with no story. It's should be strictly about survival. If there is going to be an end game, I would hope it's something related to the core game of survival. As of now, DayZ is a spawn-n-survive game. That is the way it should be.

dayz doesn't need an endgame but it needs more things to do, bases for example will be that certain achievement but it wouldn't be an endgame. It just needs us to do more things

Endgame is when your poor beaten survivor finally dies, then New Game+ begins.

But really, anything endgameish is kind of a scarey thought, fixing helis/planes or making forts and camps are pretty much endgame for us now, and it should be left up to the players to shape what they want to do, just give us the tools so we can do our own thing and have fun.

There will be base building, you could consider that endgame, from what I've heard you'll be able to dig out underground caverns and build up to maybe even a small town if you clear enough space out.

What do you hope for?

If they added some kind of super zombie that required you and 20 other guys to kill and fRm artifacts to assemble a flaming sword to deafeat. Would that make you happy?

Or perhaps

The Players can work together to complete a quest line that leads towards a miracle drug that is used to cure all zombies and return them to there previous uneffected state?

Or!

We use eyes of zombies to open a portal to a world inhabited by zombies and ruled by mythical dragon! Only way back to our world is to kill it!

Or maybe your character just wakes up and the infection turns out to be just a dream forcing the player to take on a sim type game.

The people who says this game doesnt need end game are weird

"end game" is something that's generally associated with MMORPGs, there needs to be a constant and evolving stream of fresh content to keep players paying their subscription fees. I dunno why people have just started expecting all games to have an "end game".

"end game" is something that's generally associated with MMORPGs, there needs to be a constant and evolving stream of fresh content to keep players paying their subscription fees. I dunno why people have just started expecting all games to have an "end game".

"End Game" makes me shiver every time I see it mentioned here. Unfortunately tho it has become a standard in "online" games and people expect it now. If it's not there they feel slighted. It is scary that we gamers have devolved into hamsters on a wheel chasing a carrot. Like I said there needs to be more sand in the box and the end game can create itself.

I've always thought that there should be some kind of "instances" [eg. you have information that in metro ( we need metro ; ) ) is large stack of ammo or whatever, something that would be appropriate to take such risk) that would be really hard to pass without proper cooperation between players ( now im just waiting for hate to start :) )

You already have had that since day 1 (without the instance) , NW field, Stary, NE field. Jump on a full pop, get your group and go get that large stack of ammo or whatever. Of course in SA there will be a lot more to do , and more places to visit :)

Kaczor I agree with Box! Now go and lash yourself with some wet cardboard!

Kinky.

.. just give us the tools so we can do our own thing and have fun.

Yep.

Call it being easily ammused but I come up with ridiculous things to do everyday wilst in the DayZ.. If I ever hit a wall I just slam 5 shots and run through cherno throwing flares and chase armed people with a flashlight and cause them to panic and sometimes shot theyre friends in confusion.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Call it being easily ammused but I come up with ridiculous things to do everyday wilst in the DayZ.. If I ever hit a wall I just slam 5 shots and run through cherno throwing flares and chase armed people with a flashlight and cause them to panic and sometimes shot theyre friends in confusion.

For me personally I've found playing on a private hive has given the mod a breath of fresh air. Even Cherno deathmatch feels more interesting when you know you're up against a solid squad of players with a mixture of legit scavenged gear, rather than a bunch of random server hopping, combat logging as50 snipers.

Inception no need to apologize to me, I think I knew what you meant. Hence my rational (i think) reply. ;) We've posted here long enough that I know you would never ask for WoW style shit for DayZ.

I am helping my server admin set up a new server. It has refueled the fire I have for DayZ! He is trying to create a unique & new experience for his servers vets. (with hopes to close the buggy as hell original sever)

There are more vehicles, guns, he has been trying to remold Chenarus with new cities and towns. Some ships out in the harbor. (funny as hell watching the zombies just walk off the deck)

It isn't for everyone, but the community we have will dig it.

Toe the line Inception! You must have the same opinion as everyone else or you shall be ostracized and forced to cross out your post and beg for forgiveness from the self appointed guardians of DayZ!

Nevermind, I see you've done it already.

Good boy.

Toe the line Inception! You must have the same opinion as everyone else or you shall be ostracized and forced to cross out your post and beg for forgiveness from the self appointed guardians of DayZ!

Nevermind, I see you've done it already.

Good boy.

We are the DayZ collective, we take no prisoners, we will never surrender, resistence is futiluuuugh Brians... Brians... Huh what? Oh yeah BRAINS!

• Like 1