Sign in to follow this  
Turbobayer

Die as a Bandit.. Be a Bandit again

I love that Bandit/Survivor thing with the different Character designs but there is some point which makes me sick..

In Fact that being a Bandit or a Survivor is a personal Desicion you should simply respawn as a Bandit, if you die as a Bandit..

Why ?

Cause, watch my simple calculation first

Server: 50 Players, probably 30 of them Bandits.. every Bandit dies two times = 60..

60 !!! Bandit kills per Server while being in that Survivor Skin.

I'm just tired of it everytime getting shot by an supposedly Survivor. It "retards" the Gameplay really much for me cause.. if you play DayZ and you decide that you want to be a Bandit, you probably gonna be a Bandit every time again

My Suggestion:If you have been a Bandit in that Life before, just restart as a Banditskin with a Humanity of for ex.: -500.. Everybody absolutely knows that you are a bad Bandit guy.. and maybe some time ago you want to be a Survivor, you have to give somebody a Bloodtransfusion, so interacting with other players become maybe more intresting...

mfg Turbo

• Like 1

I love that Bandit/Survivor thing with the different Character designs but there is some point which makes me sick..

In Fact that being a Bandit or a Survivor is a personal Desicion you should simply respawn as a Bandit, if you die as a Bandit..

Why ?

Cause, watch my simple calculation first

Server: 50 Players, probably 30 of them Bandits.. every Bandit dies two times = 60..

60 !!! Bandit kills per Server while being in that Survivor Skin.

I'm just tired of it everytime getting shot by an supposedly Survivor. It "retards" the Gameplay really much for me cause.. if you play DayZ and you decide that you want to be a Bandit, you probably gonna be a Bandit every time again

My Suggestion:If you have been a Bandit in that Life before, just restart as a Banditskin with a Humanity of for ex.: -500.. Everybody absolutely knows that you are a bad Bandit guy.. and maybe some time ago you want to be a Survivor, you have to give somebody a Bloodtransfusion, so interacting with other players become maybe more intresting...

mfg Turbo

i LOVE THE SUGGESTION.i FEEL THAT the humanity should stay tied to your hive character name.You wanna suddenly be a good guy your gonna have to survive for a few lives without killing peeps!

Never count completely on the skin.

Humanity is the only thing that carries over beyond death. As a hero. I shoot anyone with a bandit head on sight, as it is our duty.

• Like 1

First 3 replys.. did you read my text ?! did you understand what i mean ? i dont think so..

i know how the humanity thing works ! but for me there is a little failure in it.. if a hardcorebandit dies, he wil respawn as a survivorskin with positive humanity, and he is continouing killing people..

as a survivor like me, it destroys the gameplay in a cerain way, because you can not trust on the bandit/survivor thing so you actually can't trust anybody

would be a lot more fun to really see a beginner respawned guy who already is a banditskin because he was a bandit in the last life !

i LOVE THE SUGGESTION.i FEEL THAT the humanity should stay tied to your hive character name.You wanna suddenly be a good guy your gonna have to survive for a few lives without killing peeps!

That's the Point !

Just link the humanity to the hive.. but only to a maximum of 500/1000 or something positive or negative.. cause a good bandit would have like 40k minus, he would never reach the survivorskin anymore

It's meant to persist (both humanity and skin) if it doesn't it's because it's buggy.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

First 3 replys.. did you read my text ?! did you understand what i mean ? i dont think so..

i know how the humanity thing works ! but for me there is a little failure in it.. if a hardcorebandit dies, he wil respawn as a survivorskin with positive humanity, and he is continouing killing people..

as a survivor like me, it destroys the gameplay in a cerain way, because you can not trust on the bandit/survivor thing so you actually can't trust anybody

would be a lot more fun to really see a beginner respawned guy who already is a banditskin because he was a bandit in the last life !

If you die as a bandit with bandit skin then you will spawn as a bandit with bandit skin. If you die as a Hero with Hero skin then you will spawn as a Hero with Hero skin. Same with your humanity..... Your suggestion is already working in the game as the post before me said your probaly buggy.

I still prefer when there were no bandit/hero skins. You shouldn't judge someone by their skin anyway, you can never know their story by just looking at someone immediately.

But, that's a whole other debate so... What the last few posts already said. What you're suggesting is already in game, just a bit buggy at times.

The humanity system IS flawed, but what you're suggesting is the way it already works.

The bandit/hero skins should be removed, but (in my opinion) not until there's a way to recognise individual players better. So we can build a good reputation without dressing like a hero.

As it stands, heroes aren't even necessarily good guys. People should have to decide what their own reaction to you will be based on what they've experienced, or heard about you.

Shouldn't judge a man by his skin. ;)

• Like 1

They put the skins in to try and make people want to be the hero but made the mistake of making the bandit look better. But agree with the two posts about take the skins out will also give you the ability to custom your character more.

We tried without bandit skins twice already and had KOS accelerate out of control. I'm not against more custom clothing options, even if they can be used to disguise bandits, the way ghillie suits and camo clothing already can.

I really didn't notice KOS frequency change at all before or after they were implemented, but maybe that's just me.

Have you not listened to a word people have said? If you die as a bandit you WILL respawn as one due to humanity carrying over after death

Yeah humanity carries over to death. So typical bandits will usually stick with the bandit skin. But I find it weird how many survivors who actually shoot on sight though. By my calculations most players in starting areas should spawn as Bandits but they have survivor skin ........ so something is bugged about this im sure, I dunno what. Seeing a survivor SHOULD mean that you can "probably" trust him considering a single survivor kill means -1500 points or something. That's not easy fixable.