Sign in to follow this  
Kire99

Crossbow

Crossbows are actualy god weapons but they need better ironsights and in 1 item slott there should be att least 5 bolts.

This is a thing that should be fixed in Dayz

The crossbow has already been entirely redone for standalone.

2i0582v.png

• Like 3

2i0582v.png

Wow, that looks awesome. Crossbow is my favorite weapon(most of the time) in DayZ even with its flaws(as stated above the sight and ammo slots). Cant wait to try this out in SA. XD

120m4c9.png

A little over powered if you ask me.

@Demongroover, Yes they are fairly quite you just hear the twang on the string really. It makes a tiny bit of noise but not enough to alert much and usually too late as the bolt travels fast.

the Xbow is redone... (kinda ugly in that picture but...) ok.

It works great without a scope as is, but the standalone will have one? Whats the scope range?

And, most importantly, will bolts be stackable? If so, how many per stack? IRL you can have a stack of 21 bolts in a bundle pretty easily.

Edited by Seddrik

It works great without a scope as is, but the standalone will have one? Whats the scope range?

As its a composite hunting crossbow, it'll probably be around 4x32 power, maybe slightly less, maybe slightly more.

Am I the only person that can't reclaim fired bolts from corpses?

Omg, I think you might be hey? I mean, I did a search and founnd noooothiiinnnnggg about that here.

Nah, sometimes its hard to find the bolts after firing. Especially into zombies. Half the time I think they either fall on the bolt or they fall into an object (wall or whatever) and hide the bolt that way.

But thats partly why people are asking for stackable bolts. Its just silly to have to have one bolt per inventory slot... and be forced to reclaim every single one manually all the time. Wouldn't mind reclaimig all I could... if they were at least stackable in a decent amount.

(Need to be able to shoulder a second rifle too. Cough)

I have found a trick that works around 85% of time for retrieving bolts from corpses as the crossbow is addictive lol,

Trick is....... just aim to their chest dead centre, and a high majority of the time the bolts wind up going through their elbow/hand or not many times it goes through the head (dont ask,,, it just ends up there)

Tips:...... -Stand atleast 10 meters to prevent bolt pass through (I just play it safe)

- shoot them on flat ground so their arms are always not going to pass into a small slope or a object/wall

- If you can help it, try not to shoot zombies in open grass fields as I visually struggle to see the bolt sometimes

on the corpse

- last 2 days I think I can come to conclusion shooting them in back dead centre makes bolt impossible to retrieve the bolt so always remember to shoot dead centre in the chest.

last tip is carry 3 bolts in main inventory or 5 if your going into a city, and always keep another 3-5 in your bag and just top yourself up after each zombie kill.

I know its nothing but I hope this helps for all the crossbow lovers out there!.

Roger

Edited by Roger_Shrubz

Just 3 in main inventory? heheh When I go crossbowing... I have a full main inventory of bolts and usually more in my pack!

As its a composite hunting crossbow, it'll probably be around 4x32 power, maybe slightly less, maybe slightly more.

Not the only one! XD ive herd at the moment it has to be a head shot to recover the bolts