Sign in to follow this  
Jonny Splash

STATS and REWARDS !!!

I just realised what Dayz is missing.

Stats!

Highscores and ridiculous challenges.

Get 3 mountain dew in a tent, get 1000 zombie kills etc.

Incentives are needed. Motivations.

After playing for a while now the "survival" aspect seems completely irrelevant. The prestige of "surviving" needs to be brought back!

Also stats. Can we have some stats please :)

It is a videogame after all...

This is true, but it's a video game that isn't meant to be fun. It's your life out there, and they want it to feel that way. This ain't WOW, boy.

• Like 2

Boy?

Sure thing kid.

Never played WOW so not sure what you mean but in regard to Dayz I definitely feel that some kind of stats/score would give players something to feel precious about. If it is as you say "your life out there" then surely you'd want to enrich it with as much good stuff as possible!

Everything that you just said here, Would ruin the game in so many ways. DayZ is meant for realism. Not winning trophy's and challenges.

• Like 1

How to destroy the fun of every modern Game?

Put in...

1.unlocks

2.permanently onlinestats

3.achievements

Now you have a KiddiStyle Game with Tail comparison.

Listen_6f4fcb_1357671.jpeg

• Like 1

Hmm.

If you want realism why not try "real life". ??

I just think the game could do with giving reasons for players wanting to survive.

Currently the only reason players don't want to die is because they'll lose the gear they have on them.

Fair enough, but gear comes and goes and you can save with tents vehicles, have friends resupply you.

But it would be awesome if you truly got some kind of in game respect/prestige/honour for surviving for like DAYZ.....

• Like 1

If you want realism why not try "real life". ??

3SLvl.jpg

Dude, if you want stats and scores to rub one out to, why not try one of the other bazillion games on the market?

If all else fails, type "YOU WIN" in notepad, in as big a font as you can. Then just read that every day.

EDIT: The above quote may not be entirely verbatim ^_^

Edited by Chabowski

Haha! Rubbing one out to stats that's great. "The amount of times BKs mum rubbed me off divided by price paid" etc etc :)

I find it rather amusing that statistics can provoke such disdain, and why they are considered as NOT adding to the "realism" is kind of confusing to me.

I think stats would add to the game rather than detract from it.

Granted I don't think you'd want stats/highscores to be the main motivation for the game, no way. But they could definitely add something.

If only to keep track of where you've been in the strange world that is Dayz.

Oh and Bean with regards to your notepad idea, yeah, it sucks; sorry.

I recently played through Dishonored and the only thing that was negative was those damn achievments. It made me reload the game jsut to get the Ghost status at the end of every mission rather then just play it and enjoy it. So please, no!

• Like 2

Would be ok with the stats, but achievements arent meant for this game

NO !@#$ING STATS. THATS WHAT SEPARATES THIS GAME FROM THE HUNDREDS OF OTHERS OUT THERE.BAD IDEA SIR, BAD IDEA

I just wanna be able to keep my stupid camos when I die. I'm tired of looking like dippy doodle the baseball cap boy. lol

well there kind of are already stats, like death, zombie kills player kills bandit kills, sometimes it bugs and you cant always see it, i mean if you want stats goto a private server, invite friends and jot down everything you kill or do.....

Hello there

I think game based stats would take DAYZ off it's set path somewhat.

Try using your imagination, collect 3 MD cans because you want to, don't have the game force it on other folk.

Rgds

LoK

I'm gonna go against the grain and say I'd actually like to see some stats. I remember seeing a concept image at a Rocket Q&A session that showed various player stats. If it was ever implemented I'd only like to see it used for personal reference. That way, players that want to could post a screenshot on here of "longest life" or "most zeds killed" or "accuracy" and so on whilst people that aren't interested could ignore it entirely. What I would hate to see is a persistent online leader-board system for the stats. In my mind that would encourage players to behave differently than they normally would because they would be worried about their "rankings".

TL;dr - For personal reference I'd be interested to see my stats occasionally. For e-peen measuring contests I'd hate it.

With regards to achievments, PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

TL;dr - For personal reference I'd be interested to see my stats occasionally. For e-peen measuring contests I'd hate it.

I think that's what the notebook was supposed to do if I remember correctly, Rocket talked about it in one of the interviews.

With regards to achievments, PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!

+1 and:

• Like 1

This is what i was thinking as i was reading this topic

It would ruin DayZ just surviving the game over 24HR is an achievement

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Definitely think we have established that stats becoming the "aim" of the game is a bad idea. Not that I was proposing that in the first place but seems like there is some room for people to be amenable to at least having the option on a personal basis to track progress through game life.

Of course the basic premise of DayZ is survival, and the sandbox type adventure that ensues. We have all been seduced by the pure aesthetic that the game has induced but that's no reason to become purists or "i knew about this band before you, I'm a true fan.." kinda fanboys.

True there are already stats in the game, (zombie kills, murders, vehicle kills, etc etc) and I kinda like them, although they don't really influence how I play the game.

I understand you don't want stats to influence how people play the game for fear of destroying the unique thing this game has.

However there could be a way for "stats" to become a part of the game that would enrich the whole experience.

I think what I'm looking for is for the players to become more a part of the actual world that DayZ inhabits. Currently it feels like you are invested to a certain extent, and if part of a clan with camps then even more so.

But it would be great if by virtue of what your character has done (measured by certain statistics) the environment could be interacted with to greater/lesser extents.

Might also be a way to weave story lines into the game by virtue of the work people put in to their characters.

Give people a reason to strive for something other than:

A) Get knife and matches - live in a tree

B - Kill everything you see on sight - yawn

C) Join a clan - scavenge - kill - rob - fall over.

Edited by Jonny Splash