Lupatchi

Squa support

One of the problems I have when playing in a large group is knowing whos who, could we make a way that people can register groups on the dayz website and create in game squad functionality? blue colored nameplates for people in your squad etc. and maybe seeing them on your map as friendlies.

Also maybe a way to mark your camp on a map for the rest of your squad membrs and only them.

-Lupatchi

Like in real life, you have to simply keep track of who goes where. Communicate!

If you doodle a map of your town in your notebook right now, you won't see random dots moving around on it, indicating where your friends are.

So why should DayZ? Because it's a game? That's not an excuse. DayZ has been labeled as an "anti-game" long ago. It's cruel, unforgiving, and doesn't hold the player's hand even to the slightest.

Which is why we love it.

• Like 1

I think a system like this doesn't really belong in DayZ. I used to, though.

When I was new, I suggested a squad/spawn on buddy idea. No one really liked the idea, but like every newbie, I was stubborn. Fortunately, my stubbornness in what I now consider to be a dumb suggestion didn't ruin my reputation or anything.

Anyways, once you start playing DayZ for a while, you realize that the systems that power other games don't really belong in DayZ. Just my opinion.

My squad and I have all changed our skins to "Larry" in the skin selection menu, this doesn't sound like much but has helped us quite a lot in firefights/stalking towns

I just think stick with how it is currently as for maps, No makrers, and any markings you do put down and what you put there your self (Black cross and circle) just make it so it isnt broadcasted to the entire server because that isnt good for your hideout to let every one know where it is :S

I think so long as we get the mostly suggested Custom characters so its easier to identify friends thats all we will need.

I think the coloured name thing should be added though. I mean, in real life everyone wouldn't look the same anyway so you wouldn't have much of a problem identifying who is who. So why not make clan names colour for the people in the clan to even out the realism.

colored nameplates for people in your squad etc.
because I didn't make a thread about this last night...

It was an old and bad idea long before either topic. Inappropriate for the style of DayZ.

It's up to you to recognise your buddies, there shouldn't be any assistance, apart from more optional customization (which Rocket has already confirmed for standalone)

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

Well I just posted in the other thread about the same issue.

The squad.xml is already in ArmA II and it works in DayZ - It's just that no one has bothered to make the player models compatible, if they were every player who creates a squad.xml will have their clan logo showing on an armpatch.

It doesn't make it too easy to identify people and it is very much within "realistic" boundaries and FFS if I were in a zombie apocalypse I would make sure me and my friends had some quick way of recognising each other!

Well I just posted in the other thread about the same issue.

The squad.xml is already in ArmA II and it works in DayZ - It's just that no one has bothered to make the player models compatible, if they were every player who creates a squad.xml will have their clan logo showing on an armpatch.

It doesn't make it too easy to identify people and it is very much within "realistic" boundaries and FFS if I were in a zombie apocalypse I would make sure me and my friends had some quick way of recognising each other!

You mean quickj way is to look at a pact and not their face and know their name...hueuhuehueuheuheuhe good one

Well in that case, Ima go edit myself a skin and see about making it work.

look out for a sheriff badge :D

You mean quickj way is to look at a pact and not their face and know their name...hueuhuehueuheuheuhe good one

Where did I say you would see the name of the player?

No point in talking about this I guess.

ARMA 2 has supports squads, squadmembers have this green diamond on them so you can recognise them.