Sign in to follow this  
Henroww

Lets Make the Zombies Not Dumb

Watch out to anyone with gear, Zombies go crazy

-First i spend over 3 weeks to get my gear of a ghillie suit and weapons tents and gear, obviously not constantly played the entire time but still had this guy for 3 weeks.

-Over this time i had killed over 300 zombies, and not had a problem with zombies at all.

-Then i get to the airbase beacause the only thing im looking for is a sweat sniper cause thats the only thing i havent found, i had bloodpacks, bandages, etc...

-Finally i get the airbase ready to search and i see one zombie in my way to the barracks and i attract him and he runs to me axe ready this was nothing new to me i was going to just hit him like i always have, but this time he had somthing else in mind, i was hit once and passed out and he started to drain my blood, i thought i was fine this wasnt the first time but the timer just went on and on, i eventually got up with a lot of blood missing just to be hit again and pass out to die.

POINT: Can You guys Make The zombies not have random lucky hits to knock people out cause that can really ruin the game for people. It isnt the easiest thing to get good gear and to be able to lose it with just one hit from a zombie is just down right stupid.

-Henroww

Watch out to anyone with gear, Zombies go crazy

-First i spend over 3 weeks to get my gear of a ghillie suit and weapons tents and gear, obviously not constantly played the entire time but still had this guy for 3 weeks.

-Over this time i had killed over 300 zombies, and not had a problem with zombies at all.

-Then i get to the airbase beacause the only thing im looking for is a sweat sniper cause thats the only thing i havent found, i had bloodpacks, bandages, etc...

-Finally i get the airbase ready to search and i see one zombie in my way to the barracks and i attract him and he runs to me axe ready this was nothing new to me i was going to just hit him like i always have, but this time he had somthing else in mind, i was hit once and passed out and he started to drain my blood, i thought i was fine this wasnt the first time but the timer just went on and on, i eventually got up with a lot of blood missing just to be hit again and pass out to die.

POINT: Can You guys Make The zombies not have random lucky hits to knock people out cause that can really ruin the game for people. It isnt the easiest thing to get good gear and to be able to lose it with just one hit from a zombie is just down right stupid.

-Henroww

Sounds like to me that the only thing you were missing was a friend...

• Like 2

That is unfortunate and I'm sorry to see that you lost all that good gear, but you have to realize that the zombies in Day Z are just scripted NPC's, so naturally there are going to be numerous issues surrounding them. For instance the way they zig zag, I'm sure this is related to. I've been one hitted by zombies before and it sucks but there's not much you can do. Like another poster said its probably a good idea to get yourself a friend to play with.

I can't tell you how many times I've died like this. You're not going to find any sympathy here, although I do hope they are a lot less glitchy in the standalone. They're working on the zombie models so I'm guessing they're going to clean them up in general. I wouldn't really expect for them to be made any easier though. I actually wouldn't mind if they were a greater threat. They're laughable at best now. Last I heard it was the zombie apocalypse and we're supposed to be scared!

If you ask me, It seems people are wanting to have unbeatable smart zombies that kill you within seconds of starting a game solo. Really people we don't need more powerful zombies. It's a virus outbreak not hell on earth. DayZ not DOOM.

• Like 1

300 zombies in 3 weeks? Most folk will probably end up with a couple hundred kills per day, just getting from A to B.

As for the random KO, it's just about the only thing causing zeds to be a threat. (that and their super fast twitchy heads)

@ZORC - They need to be beefed up, everyone should realise this, but in a clever way, not just insta-kill every hit.

@Henroww - Chant the DayZ mantra : "Dont get too attached to your gear."

EDIT: inb4 pre-standalone mantra : "it's in alpha" :lol:

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 2

yes infected need to be faster and roam the forests and stuff but no headshot zombies!

Well, the health and medical system is being reworked for the standalone, so I'd guess the one hit K.O. is not going to be a problem there and with the MOD becoming a Community Project I'm sure they would adress this 'problem' as well if there is enough demand for it.
  • Like 1

300 zombies in 3 weeks? Most folk will probably end up with a couple hundred kills per day, just getting from A to B.

As for the random KO, it's just about the only thing causing zeds to be a threat. (that and their super fast twitchy heads)

@ZORC - They need to be beefed up, everyone should realise this, but in a clever way, not just insta-kill every hit.

@Henroww - Chant the DayZ mantra : "Dont get too attached to your gear."

This.

Being caught out, low on blood, and knocked out is the only way I've died to zombies in months. If they were nerfed any more then they might as well just be removed.

it's bad enough they can climb ladders, open doors, and swim

You mean walk through doors?

I am of the opinion though that zombies need to be more dangerous.

Running indoors, grabbing you and dragging you down rather than hitting you, random spawns in the forests, Uber boss zombies with rocket launchers....

Make zombies a major threat and perhaps players will be forced to cooperate a little more - or not.

And a side note i am joking about the uber boss. Unless he is found in a bunker under Green Mountain and he turns out to be a clone of Adolf Hitler.

You mean walk through doors?

that too. but sometimes they do open doors too. they'll walk through a wall and then open a door to get out :D

I agree they should be dangerous. but I don't want them doing drive-by shootings...

Dont make them faster. They used to run stupidly fast, but were slowed down to normal bipedal running speed. It seems like they ahve been sped up again... maybe this is a sideffect o fthe no delay zombie hit patching? Now... if you walk within 10 feet your liable to get hit BEFORE any animation is shown. Derp!