Sign in to follow this  
Cassius1988

Held at gunpoint by two hackers (combat timer)

Just to make it clear, this is not a whining post, just thought I would share my experience with two hackers (15 minutes ago)

I just spawned south east of the NWA, and decided to check my inventory in a tree where I was completely concealed, also noting that I checked for any peripheral dots.

As I was in my inventory, all I heard was bang! bang! above my head and the combat timer started, these two hackers spawned out of no where and asked me to come out and drop my weapon, so I did.

He then said "take this chopper and get the f**k out of here" while shooting over my head so the combat timer resets. So they told me to run to the chopper, and I did (didn't have a choice), I then started thee old baby up and was around 500 meters from the script kiddies, and out of nowhere I begin free falling and hit the ground face first. dead!.

The point of the story is, I am extremely happy that the DayZ team have touched upon the issue of combat logging because I absolutely despise it, however, I was unable to disconnect from these script kiddies because of the implementation of the combat timer and which in turn killed me. Does this mean hacking will become much harder to conquer if legit players like myself and many of you are not able to disconnect from these encounters.

What do you guys think?

Also, I was geared to the teeth with Ghillie, SVD camo, NVG's, rangefinders, secondary holo M4, m9 SD..... So that kinda sucked, but life goes on.

Would be interesting to see what you guys think of the new combat timer.

In short, i would say while this sucks? Dont worry about it

I dont want to be the guy that says, "Figures someones bitching now that they cant Alt-f4 out"

well, tbh? even if you could? These hackers will still be a bitch for you no matter what happens.

Just wait for standalone, the hacker issue will be hopefully/probably handled differently there.

prettysure if u end the game in any way, while a timer is running, it will still auto-kill you and ull be dead anyway :)

how about control+alt+delete and end the arma 2 process?

Indeed. Under the current system, the worst that would've come of doing this would've been a server message saying you combat logged.

prettysure if u end the game in any way, while a timer is running, it will still auto-kill you and ull be dead anyway :)

Nope.

• Like 1

You really need to re-read the patch notes.

* They removed the "death penalty" and replaced it with a server message saying that you "combat logged".

- If your going to get harassed by hacker like this, "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" and end the process.

There is a reason why the "death penalty" was not implemented, since more than likely they expected events like this to unfold.

------------

I had a similar event today on "Namalsk" with a friend.

* We where able to group up for the majority of the journey and we where quite geared up, but we lacked food and water.

- So we started to head towards "Object All", in the hopes we will find someone with a better backpack and supplies, me and my friend had M14 AIM's.

How did we acquire these weapons you might ask?

* We explored quite allot in a organized fashion in getting armed well, sadly no supplies, my friend even gave me his last soda since I was blinking red. So we where kinda desperate in getting supplies.

Then weird stuff happens.

Battlefield : Mountain Nitija

http://dayzdb.com/ma...malsk#6.053.057

We came under AKM fire, and the rounds shoot at us where in single burst.

* Having a surround headset, it was confusing when the shoots came from all around us but didn't hit us.

- The shoots came from the heli and from my left, we started to retreat south-est from the heli position.

The enemy was still not seen, yet he continued to spray his AKM, me and my friend can't identify the target, so we used the trees as cover in our escape.

* At a point the gunfire came closer, and my friend called out that he must be shooting from the "North-West" but still nothing there.

- I laid down covering fire at the top of the mountain to hopefully pin the enemy down but of no use...

Then with my friend being shoot, I covered his body.

* To only noticed puffs of smoke next to his body.

- He called out the hacker is right next to him.

I sprayed 20 rounds of the DMR horizontally from left to right, and it did nothing.

* I was fighting a hacker with "Invisibility and God-mode", he later killed my friend and wounded me and left a satchel charge to kill me.

* Funny thing is that a somehow survived it, but he just finished me off after.

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 3

Stop playing on public servers, there is absolutely no point in it at all. Unless you're a cheating fuckwit

Don't ever comply with hackers. Whatever they can do to your characters, the worst thing you can do is allow them to use you as their little handpuppet, untill they get bored.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

If you read the patch notes you would know it doesn't kill you and you could still end the process with task manager. I'm sure with a couple screenshots you could explain to the server admin the nature of the combat log and could keep your gear.

People these days don't (can't ?) read anything.

Stop playing on public servers, there is absolutely no point in it at all. Unless you're a cheating fuckwit

No I'm not a cheating fuckwit i'm afraid, this server only had 8 people in it, but yes it was public. I have another player on a private hive but I only use him when I'm playing with a friend.

Good feedback though guys, it's good to know how everyone else has reacted to the combat timer

Rolling back to 1.7.2.6 only servers..... Wish they would have given us a patch without the combat timer crap.... Duping and vehcles needed to be fixed..... Then given us another patch with everything....

• Like 1

Please dont label everyone that plays on the public servers a cheater.

I still play on public servers for a few reasons.

1: I'm a medic and as such playing on a private hive would limit my potential 'customers'.

2: I want to continue to support dayz by playing and therefore testing the official hive.

3: Playing on a private hive can limit who you can team up with,

4: I can be a stubborn git sometimes and i refuse to allow pathetic little skiddies dictate how i play this game.

It also helps that i can handle losing all my gear, scavenging is all part of the fun for me.

And i'm sure theres many other legitimate reasons that people have for sticking to the public servers.

Edited by Fluxley58
  • Like 2

Where does he say he was on a public server?

the fact that they were able to tp and spawn in a chopper (by the sound of it) hints that he wasn't on a private hive. since most have a lot of that kinda stuff locked down.

He more than likely just assumed it was public as there's a much higher chance of encountering a hacker there than there is on a private server.