gunman95

Help me! i got hacked!

please anybody admin or anything help me...someone else, a hacker has been using my account i dont know how!!!

OK first this is what happened....it was just any regular day of me playing dayz...then there was one time i got disconnected because of my internet problems...i went away for awhile till the internet was fixed then i came back..i tried joining the server i was playing on and to my surprise it gave me the "cd key in use" i looked for so many answers for this i googled it and everything...i found out there were some other people who had the same problem too but nobody seems to be helping because they said that that person was trying to hack or something and got his cd key stolen...well for me i never tried anything like hacking or something and this still happens...i found this one guy said that he fixed the problem by changing his steam account password...and so did i...before i changed my steam password i re installed arma 2 oa...hopoing i would be able to play again..and gladly it did fix it i ddnt get the cd key in use anymore so i thought i had fix the problem and i could play normaly! so i did the usual and joined the server i was on last time...and when i respawned my character was 8000m away from the last time i log off...and when i looked into my gear i had an mk 48 mod 0 with lots of ammo a silenced m9 with lots of ammo an nvgs a gps a map some morphines a coyote backpack and some other stuff...i figured out it was the hacker who was playing my character...so i was happy i get to play my character again and i had thought everthing was ok now and i got some pretty good stuff too....so i played a bit got pretty far...and i decided to take a break and do something...i took a break a couple of hours...then i returned thinking i would be back to where i left off..when i got into my character to my surprise i was in a different location with different gear again!! but this time in my gear was an as50 tws with one mag and a ak 107 pso....and also a laser marker...and also 5 frag grenades....when i saw all of this i immidiately googled them and not surprised they are hack....i went back to the game quickly to drop them....so now i know for sure this hacker is still using my account somewhere...and i do not know how to stop this....i do not want to be ban from something i did not do i bought this game legitly and has been playing this legitly i do not want to lose this game and have to pay again...i used my money on this which is not easy to earn nowadays...so please anyone help me out. i do not want to get banned or anything :( please!! is there any other way i could prevent him from using my account anymore? please i realy love this game! probably the best game i ever played!!!! and i want to keep playing!!! help me pelase !

**now i am banned from the server i am playing because of the hacked weapon i had!!

Edited by gunman95

It's only your second post, so it's hard to believe...unfortunately.

how am i suppose to make you believe? i barely use the forumz that is why its only my second post my first post was about me asking how to trade in game....

how am i suppose to make you believe? i barely use the forumz that is why its only my second post my first post was about me asking how to trade in game....

I know, I'm not saying you're supposed to make any believe what you have said. All I'm saying is that since this is one of your first posts it is hard to believe what you have said.

But just be glad you weren't globally banned.

Not much you can do, someone has your cd key either because you purchased it from some dodgy seller, downloaded malware or gave someone access to your PC.

• Like 2

I know, I'm not saying you're supposed to make any believe what you have said. All I'm saying is that since this is one of your first posts it is hard to believe what you have said.

But just be glad you weren't globally banned.

oh ok, yes that is exactly what im afraid of...so what if i just let this guy use my account and let him be...and just one day i open up dayz commander and join a server and it says im globally banned what am i suppose to do then? that is why im asking for help from someone who can help me...

Not much you can do, someone has your cd key either because you purchased it from some dodgy seller, downloaded malware or gave someone access to your PC.

so i cant do anything about it at all?? nothing? i bought it off steam and never did any of those how the hell did this ever freaking happen!! is there like any way for me to change my cd key?

if there really isn't anything i can do i guess ill just buy arma 2 oa again...but is there any way for me to get rid of my first cd key? like delete it so the hacker can not use it anymore?

so i cant do anything about it at all?? nothing? i bought it off steam and never did any of those how the hell did this ever freaking happen!! is there like any way for me to change my cd key?

if there really isn't anything i can do i guess ill just buy arma 2 oa again...but is there any way for me to get rid of my first cd key? like delete it so the hacker can not use it anymore?

wait wait wait...you were globally banned? I thought you were only banned from the server.

If you are suspicious of someone else using your Steam account, just activate Steam Guard and it'll send a confirmation request to your email every time someone attempts to log in to your account from a PC you haven't previously varified.

Be very careful what you download off the internet, not everybody in life is friendly - you should know this from playing DayZ.

• Like 3

Download a better anti-virus.

Scan

Delete malware (if it's there)

Activate Steam Guard.

And tell us the error message when you try to join the server again.

wait wait wait...you were globally banned? I thought you were only banned from the server.

no i am saying since this guy is spawning hack weapons no doubt someday i will get globally banned.

oh ok, yes that is exactly what im afraid of...so what if i just let this guy use my account and let him be...and just one day i open up dayz commander and join a server and it says im globally banned what am i suppose to do then? that is why im asking for help from someone who can help me...

The first thing you weren't supposed to do is let "this guy" use your account. You may as well have been the hacker. Buy a new copy of the game. Sorry, but you screwed up and you are now screwed.

The first thing you weren't supposed to do is let "this guy" use your account. You may as well have been the hacker. Buy a new copy of the game. Sorry, but you screwed up and you are now screwed.

sigh... *face palm*

Not true at all, 2 of my friends from my clan had their cd key stolen from being on public servers, there must be something dodgy going on with some servers, we all know how "open" the game is and we all know that the hackers can take control of the client, if they can do that they can easily snatch something from the client that relates to your cd-key, you cannot deny this.

These guys also dont hack or use any hacks, unfortunately they are one of the not so good guys on our server and i played with them regulary, even i am scared of having this happening to me but so far its all clear.

Edited by Zyfer
  • Like 1

Not true at all, 2 of my friends from my clan had their cd key stolen from being on public servers, there must be something dodgy going on with some servers, we all know how "open" the game is and we all know that the hackers can take control of the client, if they can do that they can easily snatch something from the client that relates to your cd-key, you cannot deny this.

These guys also dont hack or use any hacks, unfortunately they are one of the not so good guys on our server and i played with them regulary, even i am scared of having this happening to me but so far its all clear.

Nope. The server only sees your GUID. It's a one-way hash specifically so you can't get someones CD key from it.

Because we've all got time to talk shit on forums

Hello there

Post count doesn't mean a better / more trustworthy person. It can indicate such things but isn't a gospel yardstick.

Rgds

LoK

Nope. The server only sees your GUID. It's a one-way hash specifically so you can't get someones CD key from it.

Yes, and all they need is the GUID, there are ways of using that GUID that is why you usually hide it when you register on fx BF2 clan competition sites, you dont share guid's for a reason and if they can do such things in the battlefield series then what? come on now.

Edited by Zyfer

Yes, and all they need is the GUID, there are ways of using that GUID that is why you usually hide it when you register on fx BF2 clan competition sites, you dont share guid's for a reason and if they can do such things in the battlefield series then what? come on now.

BS! You can't "backtrack" a CD-key from the GUID.