indian_crowe (DayZ)

Survivor Zombies

Zombies with survivor skins and some with various backpacks or items need to be implemented! This would make it harder to discern normal zombies from survivors and can be used to certain advantages. They should also have different skins, like camo, ghillie and civilian and military!

Why? Technically they're not zombies, they're living people who're just infected.

Why? Technically they're not zombies, they're living people who're just infected.

No, what i mean is there are so many of us (survivors) and so many of us die so often, but there are no zombies with skins the same as the survivors to represent players who got infected

No, what i mean is there are so many of us (survivors) and so many of us die so often, but there are no zombies with skins the same as the survivors to represent players who got infected

That's because players are immune.
  • Like 1

That's because players are immune.

So why do we need anti-biotics?

Players are not immune otherwise getting bitten wouldn't matter. Once injured by a zombie (ie:needing bandages) you are basically infected and slowly but surely you need to take ABs regularly. I know this because my crew are always getting bit and they're coughs are so annoying.

I think this is a good diea, additionally I would like to be able to adopt a zombie shuffle so I can disguise myself to others players, should this idea ever be implemented. (not holding my breath tbh.)

Players are not immune otherwise getting bitten wouldn't matter. Once injured by a zombie (ie:needing bandages) you are basically infected and slowly but surely you need to take ABs regularly. I know this because my crew are always getting bit and they're coughs are so annoying.

I think this is a good diea, additionally I would like to be able to adopt a zombie shuffle so I can disguise myself to others players, should this idea ever be implemented. (not holding my breath tbh.)

Uhm... you do know what Anti-Biotics are?

Besides your buddies aren't coughing because they were hit by zombies. You get a cold if your temperature is too low for a certain amount of time, that's how you get that cough it has nothing to do with the zombies. MAybe you should watch a few interviews with Rocket(the developer of DayZ), he said himself that the survivors are immune. I think he should know what he's talking about since he made the game. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Infected person = Zombie.

Technically you can't control yourself when you're infected, so dying of an infection or something like that would lead to your corpse not dying but becoming a zombie. I could see that happening, would be nice!

Can't wait to see a hero zombie. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah. Actually would be nice if: a zombie kills you (or if at the standalone will have an infection system, like: randomly, if a zombie hits you, you can get infected), you die, and on the same spot, a zombie with the same skin as you had, but with some scratchs and another zombies' characteristics, would spawn there. That would be very nice. Also if you had a backpack, the zombie would keep it. And if you find a zombie with that backpack, you could take it. That would be more realistic because sometimes, when you die, you can go back there and get your items again (if no-one else see it).

EDIT: Well, I realized that if a zombie kills you, he wants to EAT you, so evermind. But it could still happen if, in the standalone, we have a infection system.

Edited by TheKnight

Besides your buddies aren't coughing because they were hit by zombies. You get a cold if your temperature is too low for a certain amount of time, that's how you get that cough it has nothing to do with the zombies.

Survivors may acquire an infection if their Temperature drops below 36°C or if struck by a Zombie while already bleeding. The infection can also be passed from one Survivor to others nearby.

LINK

I've only ever caught the "cough" from zombies.

@indian_crowe:

Players are immune to the virus which caused the zombie outbreak, and the "zombies" are infected but not undead (like 28 days later), so corpses wouldn't rise as zombies.

I agree there should be zombies with the same clothes as survivors. It would add to the confusion and paranoia.

I don't recall Rocket ever saying "
Vests and baseball caps make people immune to infection
"
Edited by Chabowski

ok, i get it. We are imune, but what the ones who werent and tried to survive, those could be, they could be few and scarce but they would have primary stuff, like a bag and some food, maybe medical stuff. Unless rocket say that the not imunnes didnt have a chance to survive, in this case the virus would be airborne and being near a zombies would get you(non immune survivor) zombified instantly

anti-biotics arent actually for that james is right, if they were, that would be awesome! its because people catch colds.

Can't wait to see a hero zombie. ;)

hero zombies...that is a great idea. tanks basically, you can only get leg and headshots!. or risk using bigger weapons on them

My guess is that when the standalone introduces more custom clothing and different zombie skins everyone will look alike anyway.

Players are immune to the virus which caused the zombie outbreak, and the "zombies" are infected but not undead (like 28 days later), so corpses wouldn't rise as zombies.

I agree there should be zombies with the same clothes as survivors. It would add to the confusion and paranoia.

I don't recall Rocket ever saying "
Vests and baseball caps make people immune to infection
"

ok, i made a mistake there but it would definitely add to the confusion!!

Also if you had a backpack, the zombie would keep it. And if you find a zombie with that backpack, you could take it. That would be more realistic because sometimes, when you die, you can go back there and get your items again (if no-one else see it).

EDIT: Well, I realized that if a zombie kills you, he wants to EAT you, so evermind. But it could still happen if, in the standalone, we have a infection system.

but what if you run away and bleed out from the zombies ;) and yeah, the backpack would be so good, and make it more of a challenge to get. then you'd have to kill yourself. INCEPTION!

ok, i get it. We are imune, but what the ones who werent and tried to survive, those could be, they could be few and scarce but they would have primary stuff, like a bag and some food, maybe medical stuff. Unless rocket say that the not imunnes didnt have a chance to survive, in this case the virus would be airborne and being near a zombies would get you(non immune survivor) zombified instantly

exactly! it would make hunting zombies more rewarding.

ok, seeing as people say they are infected, i think maybe if there are just random zombies who are infected survivors with backpacks and items. it would still be good having your corpse re-animate and having to get your stuff off it though

Your corpses will be just that, corpses. The zeds here are infected humans a la 28 days later, not Romero style undead.

I'm all for the very rare zed having a backpack or something else on their person that you can loot after killing, or, heck, if you're sneaky enough, before killing them.

After all, most military personnel aren't going to be infected without their gear on, so it makes sense your average survivor might have shared the same fate with a backpack on, as well.

Your corpses will be just that, corpses. The zeds here are infected humans a la 28 days later, not Romero style undead.

I'm all for the very rare zed having a backpack or something else on their person that you can loot after killing, or, heck, if you're sneaky enough, before killing them.

ok i agree with you. if survivors cant be infected, so be it. really do hope they include the backpacks and items in the standalone though. whats the pointin hunting zombies now? it would add so much more satisfaction to it before your completely kitted out