Sign in to follow this  
Michno

PermaDeath

I'm suggesting and this would only be for the REALLY hardcore servers, that when you die on these servers you cannot respawn back for 1 - 2 weeks or even forever.

What this would give us:

A bigger reason to team up.

Less of the Hey i just spawned lets try to sneak up on this sniper dude.

Cons:

People with high powered guns would proberly shot on sight as they have nothing to gain from others.

• Like 2

This'd be impossible until the game was entirely balanced and fixed. But I like it!

Yeah and bandits would have bigger reason to mess with people on these servers, but hey thats the game.

I just thought that lately i have been like, ohh i'm dieing. well i'll just loot my body.

Note that i'm only suggesting this on hardcore servers.

Edited by Michno

It would be much harder to admin a server. Plus it would be a pain in the ass to keep track. And there are many more cons that outweigh the pros.

I'd suggest a 1 week ban when you are killed. It would have to be a private hive tho, couldn't have people getting geared up regular and then hopping onto the hardcore server.

Mass killings could pose a problem, but they already pose a fucking problem. No need to change the game to cope with em.

LoL,

You would just get more KOS, for sure. People get more lulz when you cant play fore a week, seriously this goest to the top 10 worstest ideas ever, even wall climbing machetes is better.

ps.

Something I would be ok with is like 60 minute delay before respawning again. That would still keep th game playable.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 4

Easily one of the worst ideas ever.

I respekt that you think that but man you're a douche for writing nothing else. why would you reply like that ?

Edited by Michno

one week is sadistic dude...wtf is wrong with you?

^ Made me laugh.

The threat of an hour or two lockout would be enough to make me pull an extended "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" in VoIP while I'm bleeding out. Every time.

In all honesty, I would LOVE it if DayZ had more permanence to the perma-death. We all know it would be griefer central though.

Might work on a white-list only private hive, since the admin would have more say as to who got into their game.

You have to remember, if everybody fears death more, a lot of people will be more likely to shoot on sight and save risking their hide.

Would make for a really intense experience.

There would be nothing stopping you joining another server after you die, it just means you can't go and loot your own corpse, or instantly gear up at your camp.

already discussed, a lot, and no, because you already lose your gear once you die, not only would servers like that be ultra rare almost no one would join, nice idea to motivate players teaming up, you are motivating more VPN use to fake address. People would kill at KOS without a doubt, because of trolling and super fear of losing everything. You would get more paranoid than from normal servers that you just respawn. And if you suck and have no luck finding people to join up you would never come back to servers like that.

punishing people who die is not the die, we already do this and it works so stop crying.

punishing people who die is not the die, we already do this and it works so stop crying.

Where do i QQ ?

I get that we already loose our gear on death but seriusly havent everyone on this forum. at one time just run to their camp to gear up

Thats the problem you shoudent be able to have full gear after 10 minutes.

Oh yes. Let's take a game we all love dying in, and then place a restriction on playing when, guess what, you die!

No.

I have never set up a camp where I can just run to grab things right after I die, just for the sole sake of having stuff again.

I die too much for that.

The standalone will have likely a different storage/base/tent/whatever mechanic, so it is premature to argue the current as an argument for this half assed suggestion.

Also, WarZ tried it and a lot of people did not take well to it. Read 'a lot of people' as most.

Edited by Riem

I had not heard that warz experimentet with this?

But i guess it would implement more problems than it solves, sorry and goodday to you all.

Ps why is every one coming with this sarcastic attitude? it solves no purpose when all i wanted was your opinion on my suggestion but i guess these are the same people who shot on sight :D

all i wanted was your opinion on my suggestion

No, you obviously don't. All you want is positiv feedback, as soon as someone says that your idea is bad you go crying about how they are a 'douche' or how immature they are. The truth though is that you, same as many other people who post on this section of the forum just can't handle negative feedback.

Also I'm not going to write a 500 word essay on a suggestion that is bad for very obvious reasons. I might have a lot of time on my hands but I'm cerntainly not going to spent them doing that. Maybe next time you think before you post an idea? Thank you.

i think it would encourage shooting on sight because the consequenses of diing are much more devestating. simmilar to cod s and d where you dont respond, people care more

Lets start with 5-10 minutes reaspawn timer and see what happens.

I could live with the ability to set server side rules, to vary gameplay. Small penalties that increase if you die continuously within a set time frame of respawning. But it should never exceed your threshold for maintaining interest. Otherwise people will go to different servers.

This suggestion also would foster people shooting on sight, because if you know the person can't respawn for x time, you know you're safe from them coming back and whacking you in the back of the head with an axe.

This is a nice idea but would be horrible in reality. Griefer heaven.

And a 2 week lockout is insane! 24 hours max. xD

This is just going to result in players camping spawn locations until the server is empty.

Edited by smasht_AU