pr0phe7

Who has played Namalsk? (Only map supported by DayZ team!)

I heard great things about Namalsk, I am about to play it at 4:30-5 PST tonight when i get off work. It has over 90 unique buildings and DIFFERENT guns?!

This is crazy to me! I am curious as to how it plays. Has anyone played it yet? Or looking to group up off fresh spawns and get to looting? I heard you need jackets and food is NOT EASY to come by.

If you're interested; amar.bektas is my skype. We got about 3 players ready to go looting and surviving!

I want to play it too. If not for my love of snowy map types...for the feelign of "Being a noob". The stories I get from DayZ are all the same, and the lives I play suffer the same fate. Spawn, loot, encounter, kill/die. I know Chernarus and Takistan relatively well and so I've grown accustomed to doing the same shit over and over.

I am curious as to how big it is compared to Chernarus. Not actual numbers...the FEEL of it.

I played for a bit so far. LOVE IT.

The music and ambient sound effects are amazing, especially if you play at night (sneaking around and hearing children voices is not that scary, but definitely enhances the tension and the mood). There are lots and lots of loot, especially military one, which can lead to some bloody fights over cans of beans, because places to find food are much more scarce ( i think this adds to the feeling of authenticity - in an apocalypse food would go away first).

All in all, definitely try it out, it is a rather different experience from the other maps currently available :)

Just played it.. Incredible. The atmosphere is amazing. And do yourself a favor and don't look at the map first. Go exploring. Too bad I fell off some scaffolding 5 minutes in, broke some bones, then was mauled by zombies. Ah, DayZ. But really, this is my new favorite map and will be playing it a lot.

Edited by XxSC4RECR0WxX

Loot wise, it's pretty much the inverse of Chernarus. Military buildings are everywhere, and outside of the 2 major towns residental spawns are few and far between. The food spawn chances for non-supermarket buildings are very low, which turns the 2 supermarkets into warzones on higher pop servers.

Unlike Chernarus, Namalsk actually makes use of the temperature mechanic, and the highest concentration of high end loot is in the freezing mountains. If you have warm clothing, you have an enormous advantage, because without it, a fire, or large supply of heatpacks, your screen will start to shiver within minutes while you're trudging through the snow.

Although when you compare it to Chernarus the map is small, it feels large, with plenty of forests and choke points.

Edited by Parasprite

Just played it a bit. Awesome it seems. The "kids" are definitely an awesome touch. Sounds are great. Like being in the woods in the middle of winter. Spot on. I really want to look at the map but I know when I do it will kill the "mystery" for me.

I was on yesterday. Killed someone who open'd fire on me who just happens to be a admin... Server down & rolled back... Wankers

Its a great map for pvp because there is so many military spawns but also has those survival elements put in like freezing and shaking. What does annoy me though is that annoying little kid saying 'HELP' every 10 seconds. Also the woodpeckers or whatever they are get on my nerves because they sound so much like gunfire.

I'm REALLY low on food and despite playing for a couple of hours I've not found anything. Where is the food?!?

I went hunting in Old Hospital area after being informed that there was a sniper there..

Climbed to the roof of a building and saw a ghilli run by within a few minutes. Shot him dead and reported that the sniper was dead.

5 minutes later, I made my way down from the roof, but was killed by what I assume was either his partner or maybe even him coming to investigate his corpse.

Either way, it was fun as hell.. very cool feeling to outsmart someone like that, but it sucks to be out-smarted minutes later.

My heart was pounding for a good half hour after.. good times! :)

Edited by Cyanyde