Sign in to follow this  

Banned from evrey server?

He did answer earlier that he never owned the game before. But if it was a cracked version then technically he did not "own" it before so he wasn't lying...

Nice detective work though smasht!

Yeah that is a pretty good find and a pretty unusual choice of username to be fair, probably why the OP isn't responding anymore ;)

I only asked because someone with an identical username has posts on some dodgy website asking about servers that allow cracked copies of the game. If it's the same person he probably still has the cracked cd key in his registry that is banned, who knows if he has actually purchased a legitimate copy since. Maybe it's another person with the same name but if it's not that's a pretty important detail to leave out.

I asked my brother if he maybe downloaded a crack and he said he did but he never made an account on that site, any help on removing that key?

Edited by 313411

I asked my brother if he maybe downloaded a crack and he said he did but he never made an account on that site, any help on removing that key?

Always someones brother, cousin, cat or the like ;)

• Like 1

Why does everyone blame their 'brother'? Are you sure it wasn't dog?

You could try deleting it in the registry before installing/running the legitimate version.

Run Regedit and locate/delete ArmA

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Bohemia Interactive Studio > ArmA 2 OA

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Reinstalled it, deleted the key and when verifying it still gives the same error

When joining a game it gives the "BattlEye initialisation failed" error again

EDIT: Now when I try to join an non-BattlEye server it still says bad cd key!

Edited by 313411

Did you run both ArmA and OA once to complete the installation? You could also try reinstalling BattlEye.

• Like 1

Did you run both ArmA and OA once to complete the installation? You could also try reinstalling BattlEye.

Yes I did, and I already tried reinstalling BattlEye and it didnt help...

Also when I join non BattlEye servers I get the bad CD key error!

Well there are lots of threads about the BattlEye initialisation failed error with suggestions for you to try, probably best fixing that instead of trying to join non BattlEye servers.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Ok but now when I want to try out one solution I keep getting this error...

Arma-error_26102012.png

Have you googled that error and tried any of the fixes? Running steam as admin for example?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Ok now it worked! Now the only obstacle is getting trugh the loading screen after character creation...