Daimyo21 (DayZ)

DayZ Base Building, 600+ Vehicles US023 Lingor Server

DayZ Base Building is finally here! Build your own base how you want in real-time with no server restart necessary! Build a medical center, take over a gas station, build your own prison. Possibilities are endless.

Tutorial/Commentary:

Features:

-Custom Base Building with NO Mods required (custom removal functions)

-600+ Vehicles including bicycles, boats etc.

-Care packages (like heli crashes)

-Tons of bug/dupe fixes by Ashfor and some small additions by Daimyo

-Active Development

-Active Admins

Next server features include:

-Booby traps

-Object gates opened with access from a control panel

-Generator usages

SERVER: US023

Server Manager/Developer:

-Daimyo

Admins:

-Reason

-Kevin

-Anthony

-Mu7e

Future:

-Chernarus/Panthera instances

-Public release of these features once polished

Thanks to Oifriendlyfire for covering our server, you can see post here:

http://dayzmod.com/f...ith-daimyo-dev/

Check out his channel at http://www.youtube.c.../oifriendlyfire

• Like 4

Hey mate. im keen to run this on my aussie server? I can supply you with a USA dedicated if you can get it working for us :)

Cheers.

Cambo

PF Private Hive Australia .

A mod within a mod. Brilliant.

It's a ..... Modception!

Looking really good though. This is exatcly what DayZ is missing at the moment. Keep up the good work!

This is great news, I really hope you guys are successful! I also love your committment to a public release, if this works well this could be one of the biggest steps forward of all time for the community development of DayZ mod.

I have not watched the entirety of your video yet but will do so when I have more time. I'm sure you are aware/have plans for these, but I wanted to raise some points: Is it possible to add more varied and appropriate types of building materials for construction without requiring addons? And is it possible to require more materials to build the really large objects/bases than one player can carry? It should be more, or basically require more than one person to do so efficiently, however that would work. Maybe the really big structures could only be built from trucks loaded with enough materials? Or maybe materials could somehow be combined into stacks or super-materials? Not sure about this.

Also it would be awesome if we could construct enterable homes, and constructable chests/containers with storage options would be amazing (possible?). A lot of us would love to build a cabin in the woods.

But here's the most important thing: You will probably need to impose some kind of upper limit on construction other than timed removal. Try to push it to the maximum, but the game and the server will have its own limit, and then major issues will arise as more and more is built. Rocket has even noted this several times as one of the reasons why they are apparantly not persuing above ground construction. It's not just the server and performance strain either, IIRC they can also lead to rendering problems like the infamous graphical glitches. I believe construction is the future of DayZ, so I hope this does not happen, but I think it may be a big challenge. Maybe you can tie the object constructed to the player, and give that player a decent but ultimately limited number of objects he can build (if possible separated into types), before he would have to dismantle previous objects in order to build more. This would reduce performance strain as well as increase the teamwork required for major base building. Again, sorry if you addressed these things and they are settled, I will watch the entire video soon and edit my post if necessary.

Just keep up the great work. I'm very excited :)

Edited by Kak

Hey Daimyo, I started playing on your server about a week ago and really enjoyed it. At least until you guys banned me. Why did you ban me? Fuck if I know, I wasn't even online when you did it. Your reason says "Hacking, Teleporting, added to Community Ban", but that is impossible since, well, I'm too damn stupid to understand how to even begin to implement any scripts. Well no problem, I'll just go to your guys' website or teamspeak and contact someone about a ban appeal. Or maybe I won't, since you guys don't share any of the information. You won't even share your teamspeak with my friend when I ask him to go into your server and ask for it.

So is this server fun? Yep, plenty of people on at all times, lots of vehicles as advertized, and base building. But be careful, you might just get banned for, I don't know, being there...

So these base building tools... do they allow players to make 100% impenetrable fortresses where they can store their 200 cars without worrying about someone stealing them? I mostly play DayZ as a lone scavenger (I never repair vehicles myself or collect loot; I always steal from others since it's so easy to find other players' camps), and if that's true, I fear I won't be able to make much progress.

Hey Daimyo, I started playing on your server about a week ago and really enjoyed it. At least until you guys banned me. Why did you ban me? Fuck if I know, I wasn't even online when you did it. Your reason says "Hacking, Teleporting, added to Community Ban", but that is impossible since, well, I'm too damn stupid to understand how to even begin to implement any scripts. Well no problem, I'll just go to your guys' website or teamspeak and contact someone about a ban appeal. Or maybe I won't, since you guys don't share any of the information. You won't even share your teamspeak with my friend when I ask him to go into your server and ask for it.

So is this server fun? Yep, plenty of people on at all times, lots of vehicles as advertized, and base building. But be careful, you might just get banned for, I don't know, being there...

We tracked your time played and you had 8 kills in under 30 minutes, every rare item and a previous life had similar stats. Even if you found a box, killed one person and got all his gear. How do you explain the 8 kills in 30 minutes with a previous life with 5-6 kills in around the same time frame. Most of the best long-time players on the server dont have stats like that and they've been playing daily 4-5 hours a day. And to finally top it off you were on at wee hours when 14 others were on and a hacker came on and started going around blowing up vehicles to the point of shutdown. Did I mention you were NOT far from those blown up vehicles as well? Worst luck on your side but none the less, This is how we determine legitimate players. Feel free to explain yourself but honestly, I dont have time to deal with hackers and I put most of my trust in my admins so I can work on new development and features.

Downloading Lingor right now to play on the server.. looking forward to it! :X

edit: cant connect, kicks me off when I try, cant read what it tells me but im sure im missing something what version of Dayz are you guys running

edit: I see, I had the updated 1.0 lingor you guys are using the older .34..

trying again :P

Edited by Zeb86

We tracked your time played and you had 8 kills in under 30 minutes, every rare item and a previous life had similar stats. Even if you found a box, killed one person and got all his gear. How do you explain the 8 kills in 30 minutes with a previous life with 5-6 kills in around the same time frame. Most of the best long-time players on the server dont have stats like that and they've been playing daily 4-5 hours a day. And to finally top it off you were on at wee hours when 14 others were on and a hacker came on and started going around blowing up vehicles to the point of shutdown. Did I mention you were NOT far from those blown up vehicles as well? Worst luck on your side but none the less, This is how we determine legitimate players. Feel free to explain yourself but honestly, I dont have time to deal with hackers and I put most of my trust in my admins so I can work on new development and features.

So let me get this straight, I was banned because I killed too many people and was on at the server along with 14 other people when it was hacked? Oh man. Well lets see, I play as a solo bandit, so I don't have to waste time meeting up with friends. I head towards every gunshot I hear, with my final destination as Calamar (I'm sure this is the location that I was "nearby" when cars were blowing up. So someone was blowing up cars in CALAMAR and I happened to be there too. Shocker). Once I get to Calamar, I sit and wait for all the little mice to scurry about and kill as many as I can. Sometimes lots of people show up in Calamar, because it is, well, Calamar. Sometimes I go on a roll and kill a lot of them before someone finally catches up to me. Those are the lives I play for and the whole reason I play DayZ. If you have logs of previous lives as well, I'm sure there's plenty of them there where I only kill 1 or 2 people before I am bested.

About these "rare" items. Dude, what? Are you talking about tools? NVGs? I really don't even know how to address this as it is so vague. Also, if I kill 5-8 people, don't you think that between them all I could collect some pretty significant gear? So your long-time players don't have stats like that, I do. Yours isn't the first server I've played on and I have quite a bit of tactical FPS experience.

Finally, don't you guys have server logs you can check to see who is running scripts? I encourage you or your admins to scan the logs for any foul play on my part because I know for a fact that you won't see a damn thing from me. I'm a legit player, I don't know how else I can defend my innocence. It sounds like the best reason you guys have for banning me was that I was performing better than the rest of your players. In my opinion this is very poor criteria to ban players upon, as it results in banning innocent, legitimate, skilled players on suspicion alone.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Please consider my case carefully as I will be sharing this conversation and your verdict with the rest of the DayZ community to let them see how your server is run.

So let me get this straight, I was banned because I killed too many people and was on at the server along with 14 other people when it was hacked? Oh man. Well lets see, I play as a solo bandit, so I don't have to waste time meeting up with friends. I head towards every gunshot I hear, with my final destination as Calamar (I'm sure this is the location that I was "nearby" when cars were blowing up. So someone was blowing up cars in CALAMAR and I happened to be there too. Shocker). Once I get to Calamar, I sit and wait for all the little mice to scurry about and kill as many as I can. Sometimes lots of people show up in Calamar, because it is, well, Calamar. Sometimes I go on a roll and kill a lot of them before someone finally catches up to me. Those are the lives I play for and the whole reason I play DayZ. If you have logs of previous lives as well, I'm sure there's plenty of them there where I only kill 1 or 2 people before I am bested.

About these "rare" items. Dude, what? Are you talking about tools? NVGs? I really don't even know how to address this as it is so vague. Also, if I kill 5-8 people, don't you think that between them all I could collect some pretty significant gear? So your long-time players don't have stats like that, I do. Yours isn't the first server I've played on and I have quite a bit of tactical FPS experience.

Finally, don't you guys have server logs you can check to see who is running scripts? I encourage you or your admins to scan the logs for any foul play on my part because I know for a fact that you won't see a damn thing from me. I'm a legit player, I don't know how else I can defend my innocence. It sounds like the best reason you guys have for banning me was that I was performing better than the rest of your players. In my opinion this is very poor criteria to ban players upon, as it results in banning innocent, legitimate, skilled players on suspicion alone.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Please consider my case carefully as I will be sharing this conversation and your verdict with the rest of the DayZ community to let them see how your server is run.

Using ESP is still bannable, even if its not detectable. That's where admin judgement comes in. If he is legitimately this good then hes going to ruin the game. Since he isn't, here's your ban reason: ESP HACKS

Edited by firerebel

Can't join in. Using DayZ Commander. Freshly formatted PC, installed everything, I can see the lobby for about a second and then get noved to the Main Menu without any kind of message.

edit: nvmd. Joined through IP. missing valid keys in a few files.Can join other Lingor servers, so what am I missing?

Edited by CodeOverflow

they are using a earlier version of lingor its .34 rather than the 1.0

had the same issue

Edited by Zeb86

they are using a earlier version of lingor its .34 rather than the 1.0

had the same issue

Updating to 1.0 soon. Wasnt sure if there was a controversial thing going on with vilayer again.. Seems to be fine though.

can a admin unban me?, i got banned for anti hack #43 i think, it was cheat engine, (wasant meant for dayz for bloons tower defense)

Can somebody tell me why I've been banned from this server? To my knowledge I have followed the server rules. About 10 minutes ago I was killed by a bandit. When I tried to log back in I got stuck at the loading screen and my game stopped responding. So I closed the game and tried joining again. I don't know if you have something in place to catch people that Alt - F4 but I can assure you I didn't close the game to escape death.