Sign in to follow this  
Norton98

Why do i only get 5 fps while i play

I can run any other game no problem on high settings. But in dayz i get 5 fps no matter what graphics i have them on. Here are my Computer specs:

RAM: 4 gbs

CPU: Amd Phenom™ 9500 Quad Core Processor ~ 2.2 Ghz each

Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560ti

I have Direct X 11 if that does anything.

Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Have you tried different servers? A bad server fraks up the fps. I have almost same build just a bit better cpu and I can run it on all settings on high/very high with 40-60fps.

It might be your internet connection or the distance away from the server you are playing on. What is your ping and bandwidth in game?

If you load the vanilla game there are a few stress tests that will allow you to experiment with your settings.

Disable @dayz.

Load single player and look for bench mark 1&2.

I played the regular Arma 2OA and i average about 30 fps

Are you referring to the bench marks ?

I suppose it is not a setting problems, when I play DayZ sometimes I log in some server that gives me back no more than 5-10 fps, and some other times I get servers that provides very smooth playing.

In my opinion you could suffer a bad connection problem, as already stated by Hernerokka and Rhoak.

Do you know of a server that has good connection?

Check the location of the server you are joining. I play on a Chicago server because I live less than 4 hours from there. It doesn't guarantee that it will have a good connection, but it is a good place to start.

There is clearly an issue. Comparing your specs to mine, you would think my PC is from the stone age. Yet I get alot higher FPS than that.

^Yes and for living in Minnesota a good server to connect to would be what?

What kind of harddrive are you using? The game streams from your HDD. Speed of the HDD is a huge factor with the ARMA2 engine.

I think you are misinformed a bit.

Arma 2 has a FPS issue with the nvidia 500 series. I Have the same problem over here!

Arma 2 has a FPS issue with the nvidia 500 series. I Have the same problem over here!

Nope. 560ti here and I get 60 solid in DayZ and 50ish in vanilla arma

• Like 1

Nope. 560ti here and I get 60 solid in DayZ and 50ish in vanilla arma

same here

Edit: this is how misinformation gets spread

Edited by Rhoak

I think you are misinformed a bit.

Nope. I think you might be.

On the other hand, it means that Arma is really 100% streaming the content. Because as a 32 bit app it can only address 2GB max (and I have yet to see it use more than 1GB), with >9GB of game assets, it means that there must be a LOT of disk activity.

Taken from this extended analysis.

http://forums.bistud...nalysis-results

Edited by DirtyLarry

you meant something correct, but that does not save your sentence from being an accumulation of rubbish.

did anyone ever try installing arma2 onto a ramdisk? i have not even close the neccessary ram to do so, never seen such a messed up thing like arma2... installation takes hours, gamefolders are huge, physic and graphicengine are unreliable and it does not even look good.

and btw the GTX 500 series got some performance issues because they clock down, if not used very much. have a look at the energy control options of both windows7 and your nvidia driver.

(you could also run benchmarks in the background. worked like a charm for a friend of me)