Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

1. The number of kids camping Nitija mountain and shooting unarmed survivor's for sport is to damn high.

-That's what me and my 2newly aquired mate's found out yesterday.

*(found one on the shore, and he was lost, so I took him into my care, and let him follow me around)

-So we figured we would hunt the player down, and we ended up just scaring him the hell away, with a few gunshot's to the tractor he had parked in the tree's.

2. Server's running Namalsk should re-add the bandit skin.. (no need to create a new skin then ia. white camo)

3. Alt+F4 Script on this map, would decrease the shoot on sight ratio by A LOT.

As every single place is cramped with zombies in town, so if someone fire's a bullet, he will get svarmed by zombies and unable to log out to loose them.

just a few idea's there =p

However.

The food and water supplies need's to stay the way they are.

Same with weapon's, and military grade loot.

Just because you are finding load's of them, or little of them, doesn't make it unbalanced.

If you are complaining about anything on this map, except for the few bug's that have been mentioned.

I suggest YOU leave this server, and go back to Cherno.

We don't need whiny girl's, who will complain and complain, and get this map tweakd beyond repair, and make it nothing more than a copy of cherno, with more loot, and less space to move around.

So please. for the love of everything that makes this worth playing. Shut your piehole..

(That's to all the people who never bother learning the game mechanics, and only complain because they fail to utilize what's given to them)

Don't do that again. (What? I can't find anything wrong with this post. Are you perhaps misinterpreting something? -Zan)

Edited by U.B.C.S. Zantiago
  • Like 2

Don't do that again. (What? I can't find anything wrong with this post. Are you perhaps misinterpreting something? -Zan)

Maybe it was intended for me?

Deleted my post for some reason too.

There's goes my will to relate my adventures.

Sumrak, I must say this.

* I am very impressed on how the map was made.

* The "Dayz Team" should really add you to their group.

BIS would have to be insane not to offer SUMRAK and ICEBREAKR fulltime design jobs on the basis of what they've done.

• Like 1

I get kicked instantly from every single server (Even when they don't appear locked or whitelisted).

Never had this problem with any other map. Usually I use DayZ Commander for starting DayZ, Fallujah, Pantera,etc. and a .bat for playing on the Celle map. Namalsk is the only one where it seems to be impossible for me to get on a server.

Edited by Treehead

If people are having problems, you should try out play with six, works perfectly for downloading these maps properly, no issues what so ever.

• Like 1

Hey, the loot is fine in my opinion;and the larger amounts of zombies too..

BTW...Objekt A1 - whats the deal with it? Alien artifact? I cant enter it; is it enterable?

Can anyone confirm a "Secret weapon" at the bunker as stated in a post on page 5? I think this guy is just getting the loot mixed up... I'm pretty sure that guns don't spawn in the same spot every time, unless Namalsk is different.

is there any tutorial for installing dayz namalsk? I found only something about general installing a private hive, but not especially about namalsk :(

( having problem to launch dayz namalsk with xampp = saying there is no xampp at the target folder whateverest

system win2008 R2 rootserver ) :(

Edited by snajdan

is there any tutorial for installing dayz namalsk? I found only something about general installing a private hive, but not especially about namalsk :(

( having problem to launch dayz namalsk with xampp = saying there is no xampp at the target folder whateverest

https://github.com/ayan4m1/DayZ-Private

This one works, follow the steps in the readme.md and you should me fine :)

Seems to be some issues with the warm clothing that I can't see being reported here.

- You can't put it on if you're already wearing another special clothing.

- You can't get blood transfusion when wearing warm clothing.

- If one player with warm clothing gets in a vehicle, no one else can enter the vehicle.

Not sure if these might be due to some serverside error but please look it up, should be pretty easy to figure out if it's just a local problem.

anyone managed to fix their Broken NVG or Broken GPS yet? :)

oh and the only strange gun i've found sofar was the nsw_er7mm

I get kicked instantly from every single server (Even when they don't appear locked or whitelisted).

Never had this problem with any other map. Usually I use DayZ Commander for starting DayZ, Fallujah, Pantera,etc. and a .bat for playing on the Celle map. Namalsk is the only one where it seems to be impossible for me to get on a server.

You will have to give more details than that, so others may help you.

The basic info can be found in this Topic.

is it just me or this map lack of military spots?some deer stands doesnt have any loot at all and there is not so many places to get good stuff compare to other map(we dont compare to fallujah since its uber rare weapon paradise)

is it just me or this map lack of military spots?some deer stands doesnt have any loot at all and there is not so many places to get good stuff compare to other map(we dont compare to fallujah since its uber rare weapon paradise)

You gotta be kidding. There're so many weapons on this map that you can gear up the whole company let alone single squad.

Can anyone confirm a "Secret weapon" at the bunker as stated in a post on page 5? I think this guy is just getting the loot mixed up... I'm pretty sure that guns don't spawn in the same spot every time, unless Namalsk is different.

Keep in mind, that "Sumrak" edited the loot drops.

* There is a "secret weapon", only issue is that it has a very rare drop.

* 0.13% and it is only found in the bunker.

The information me and a friend found that it might be quite... devastating...hopefully.

* Still doubt me?

- Read this : http://www.nightstal...u=en_nc_warfare

- and check the loot map list of that specific area and be surprised.

Edited by Sobieski12

There are more than enough weapons on the map, its just "ALOT" players are heading towards the same locations.

* Basically a race.

Edited by Sobieski12

If people are having problems, you should try out play with six, works perfectly for downloading these maps properly, no issues what so ever.

I can confirm this. Tried the new "Play with SIX" and it worked like a charm,

Pretty nice map. A lot of buggy buildings with falling through floors and breaking legs. Far too many instantly respawning telepathic zombies. But it looks really good.

I just can´t get in my head why it should be desirable to die of pneumonia within minutes after spawning. The low temperature is nothing more than retardedly frustrating. Hey, why not spawning in underwear in the middle of antarctica, with the slight chance that you might meet a polar scientist and steal his clothes within 30 seconds... It's just perfectly realistic... Except that in reality you could never ever get to the starting point without adequate clothing.

Edited by Treehead

Wow you guys are awesome, thank you so much for your feedback! :beans: :beans:

* part 1 * :thumbsup:

After 2 days.. i can say. Beside my consideration about the temperature (it really adds something to the gameplay), i've figured that it is a way too extreme how it works: i've applyed infinite heat packs, they doesn't works (tried on different servers), so i've managed to recover the temp only using the fire.. but as soon you put it off, the temp goes low too fast. I believe that raise the lower temp a little would help the gameplay.

The food is very scarce... that isn't a bad thing tho, but then we need a more common cooking set (knife, hatchet, matches) to hunt the animals or the only way to hve food remains to kill anyone on side hoping he's carrying some.

And.. cheaters again.. sorry to point the obvious, but i never seen a concentration of cheaters like i'm noticing in this map.. it seems that any script kid migrated here for whatever reason (isn't even the best map for pvp).

Thank you for your feedback, I will work on the making mathces more available, as for hunting knife and hatchet, they are there almost everywhere. About heatpacks, yeah, looks like the change I made to them was too "devastiting", will be changed to the better value. Well, and for the cheaters, lets hope it will calm down a bit..

I love this map so much. SO MANY friendly players I hardly see bandits and have been playing on 30+ player servers/

Where are the vehicle spawns, and what vehicles can we expect? One server admin even just said he didnt think vehicles spawned on the map :S

Vehicles are a part of DayZ: Namalsk (including special types of helicopters), more on http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_server or DayZDB map should also have vehicle positions soon.

Sumrak , is the low temperature achieved by adding a layer of invisible water into the map ? So the code thinks that the player is constantly in the water. Kind of like when you get in a boat on Chernarus ocean you will lose temp even though your not actually touching the water.

Reason I ask -

( Bug Report )

- When I log off inland and then log back in again I will be swimming for a couple of seconds actually in the land mass before my character finally stands up on top of the land.

- I logged back in earlier inside a building. All my footsteps while moving around inside the building had the splish splash splosh sound effect until I went outside and the footstep sounds returned to normal.

- After changing into a ghille suit while inside a building on the ground floor I was then swimming in the building. Char would not stand up and I had to swim outside and travel about 50m away from the building before my char stood up back ontop of the land.

Temperature is achieved by changing the script, the reason for you swimming in the ground is that the spawn point, where DayZ is placing players upon logon / death is in the sea (on chernarus, there is random terrain, so you are staying on the ground).

#1 caused by ↑ .. not sure about the solution yet

#2 Thats bug from Arma II, because some surfaces on the objects does not have defined sound, it should use the default, but instead it use the last one.. for you it is sea.

#3 This could be a problem :( again related to the #1

Oh man, i tried this map today and all i can say is AMAZING!!! .... the environmental sounds are EPIC, this map has to make it into the StandAlone, right now, there's no other map i want to play :)

Really good job man, thank you for the effort you put into making this and also thank you for listening to user requests (White camo on reddit) ... GREAT STUFF !

Thanks!

also i think you should add a couple of your zombies here and there for a little bit more confusion and difficult surviving ;)

This is in the pipeline :P

For some reason the warm clothes dont protect you from the cold - I really think they should otherwise they have no use :/

Yes they should be able to protect you almost fully, but of you think they are not, please, can you describe in which situation you were?

Map is very nice. Played few hours tonight but - I never meet animal??? Wtf?? My Namalsk version is 0.55, playing night on vilayer server.

I need my steaks!!! :P Thanks

Probably unlucky :D

You should all play the SP campaign if you haven't already ! It's bloody scary !!

Now that DayZCommander has added it, does anyone know what folder names DZC uses for the Mod ? Because i'm not downloading it AGAIN using DZC just because I don't know the folder names.

I tried creating an @DAYZNAMALSK and then an @DAYZ_NAMALSK folder (with just the 2 DayZ files inside) and DZC doesn't recognize it.

@DayZ_Namalsk

@namalsk

@nc

I've talked with Josh, it will most likely gets joined into @nc sometimes in the future, he will also take a look on the server filtering.

* part 2 *

Hey, the loot is fine in my opinion;and the larger amounts of zombies too..

BTW...Objekt A1 - whats the deal with it? Alien artifact? I cant enter it; is it enterable?

Well try play Namalsk Crisis campaign, there is quite deal about it :D But in DayZ, I haven't got any reasonable idea for this place.. maybe later :)

Yeah, they can, it just depends on the loot tables, which you add to which object. So yeah, there is awesome weapon hidden there, with low drop chance though :thumbsup:

there are warm clothes, never saw a secret weapon there; but some red eyes glowing in the dark when its night...

Oh did you saw some red eyes? :D Interesting..

Well I am not really sure, try to get working the Chernarus server first and then try to morph it into the Namalsk one, ... or just use Bliss package ;)

Seems to be some issues with the warm clothing that I can't see being reported here.

- You can't put it on if you're already wearing another special clothing.

- You can't get blood transfusion when wearing warm clothing.

- If one player with warm clothing gets in a vehicle, no one else can enter the vehicle.

Not sure if these might be due to some serverside error but please look it up, should be pretty easy to figure out if it's just a local problem.

Thanks, I will take a look on these to find out what is happening!

anyone managed to fix their Broken NVG or Broken GPS yet? :)

oh and the only strange gun i've found sofar was the nsw_er7mm

There is no legal way of doing this - at least, not yet :P

Did you find weapon or just bullets?

Love the predator sounds and the red glowy eyes at night. I don't need to troll others now, the game does it all for me.

:lol:

• Like 1

Oh no. Not again. Some carebear comes to the forum and says that it's too hard to survive and then the dev nerfs the thing. Am I the only one who misses that DayZ patch that made morphine and matches the rarest loot in the game?

probably.

survival is one thing, but making the game about luck is completely different. especially when the loot spawns work in such a way that can cause you to go several lives without finding anything of value if the server is populated enough. at that point, it's not about survival, but who got there first.