Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Sumrak - why are the 2 railway tunnels in Namalsk caved in ? I thought maybe the Arma 2 engine didn't support tunnels, but then I saw that Taviana has a fully traversable metro tunnel under one of the cities.

Is there any chance you can make the 2 Namalsk tunnels traversable ?

I don't suppose you could add in more of the Arma 2 CO/PMC etc weapons in the next update? As well as the P90 as a western version of the Bizon

Sumrak - why are the 2 railway tunnels in Namalsk caved in ?

The engine doesn't like underground structures at all, everything that is under the ground is an ugly hack. Taviana is glitchy as hell because of that. Object A2 on Namalsk isn't ideal either, to say at least.

Edited by KizUrazgubi

Any news about the animals? I've seen you posting about that, Sumrak. And I've seen, that I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I might give it a try frapsing it the next time I come across an animal.

I have not released any update on this, yet. But it is listed issue and it will be debugged for the next build of DayZ: Namalsk, which I hope will come with the next DayZMod update.

Sumrak - why are the 2 railway tunnels in Namalsk caved in ? I thought maybe the Arma 2 engine didn't support tunnels, but then I saw that Taviana has a fully traversable metro tunnel under one of the cities.

Is there any chance you can make the 2 Namalsk tunnels traversable ?

This would be indeed very cool, but pain in the ass to do as arma does not support any kind of underground objects, I would have to dig large pass through that ridge with southern army base and then cover it with artificial ground like a2 object is currently done (which is not ideal at all). If you take a look on how big that area would be, the overall impact on the visual quality and even AI would be pretty much devastating. :(

I don't suppose you could add in more of the Arma 2 CO/PMC etc weapons in the next update? As well as the P90 as a western version of the Bizon

I was taking a look on weapons back in .72, but the problem is, lots of weapons is still banned by DayZMod, so I can't use them in the normal way. I think, we have pretty large weaponry currently already, but I am sure when I find some nice and suitable weapon, I will add it to loot tables of Namalsk :) (like VSS)

Any chance of more enemies from stalker? I'm just so stoked that I have a new zone (die hard stalker fan) I have no complaints about this excellent mod just hoping to see more of that s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Vibe get in. Almost all I play is namalsk now.

I noticed in the 1.7.5 change list, that you'd be able to reload the weapons on choppers and I was curious to see how this would work on the Ka-60's MGL 140. Would you individually load each M203 Grenade or would a new item need be created to reload it.

How hard would it be to unban some of the vehicles such as the UH-1Y for example so they can be spawned in on custom spawn points.

Any chance of more enemies from stalker? I'm just so stoked that I have a new zone (die hard stalker fan) I have no complaints about this excellent mod just hoping to see more of that s.t.a.l.k.e.r. Vibe get in. Almost all I play is namalsk now.

Unfortunately not, most of them requires animation work, which is quite time consuming when you don't have any mocap studio available.

I noticed in the 1.7.5 change list, that you'd be able to reload the weapons on choppers and I was curious to see how this would work on the Ka-60's MGL 140. Would you individually load each M203 Grenade or would a new item need be created to reload it.

I will be upgrading DayZ Namalsk sometimes soon to 1.7.5, so we will see :)

How hard would it be to unban some of the vehicles such as the UH-1Y for example so they can be spawned in on custom spawn points.

I don't have currently any plans with unbanning a2/oa vehicles for DayZ Namalsk for now (it requires some config work to evade those banned records in DayZMod). But if DayZMod gets some stuff unbanned, you will be able to use it on Namalsk too (not sure, if they are planning to unban uh-1y for example).

• Like 2

Thanks for all your work Sumrak, very very much appreciated. We're having great fun on our server. Me, I personally hate the bloodsuckers-- but the rest of our crew seem to like them; or at least aren't too bothered by them. I got 11 on me in under 45mins yesterday..(West coast seems to be the worst for the bastards). Standing on a rock seems to happily fool these multi-phasic beings though. They would make a really crap plotline for an episode of Star Trek.

Any teasers for us before you update to 1.7.5, i.e your updates/changes to Namalsk? :) :) :)

Edited by SAL_iOGC

Was going to post the same.. my server died, since everyone upgraded to 1.7.5.1 .. is Namalsk still supported by the creator or we should switch to something else?

is Namalsk still supported by the creator or we should switch to something else?

Of course Namalsk is still supported (why it shouldn't be?) and it will be updated for 1.7.5.1.

Making Namalsk files compatible with newest update can take some time, so I eventually cant keep up with the continuous wip builds of DayZMod, I just wait for the final build, and if everything is working, then I will update Namalsk code.

Part of the code has been already updated. I am going today / tomorrow to test it, if it is running on my test server. If so, I will double-check everything what has been changed / added and release it.

• Like 1

Hey guys, just a heads up for you, tomorrow is going to be release day (hopefully). I've been working hard to get Namalsk working under newest DayZMod update (1.7.5.1) and prepared also some bonus stuff for you ;) So here it is - preliminary changelog for DayZ: Namalsk v0.74

[DayZ: Namalsk v0.74]

Crafting time!

Client-side

Added: A portable solder to 'IndustrialNamalsk' loot table (low spawn chance)

Added: Ability to repair broken NVG, radios and GPS (you need toolbox + solder + 2 pieces of broken equipment)

Added: Models for broken GPS, radio and NVG (so you can recognize them lying on the ground - exemplary picture here )

Changed: Increased chance for dropping 'ItemBloodbag' from killing a bloodsucker

Changed: Existing files in ns_dayz\code to support newest DayZMod's update changes (1.7.5.1)

Changed: Working GPS and NVGs are no longer lootable (only broken ones are, working pieces removed from existing loot tables)

Changed: Temperature script change - flying in helicopter above water, riding boat, etc. no longer affects negatively your temperature with water factor (only swimming does)

Fixed: 'BrokenNVGoggles' no longer has binoculars model

Removed: 'huntingrifle' (CZ550) from the no-sniper rifles loot scheme

Removed: 'ItemWire' from 'IndustrialNamalsk' loot table

Server-side

Added: New parameter in mission init.sqf, which can affect times between each EVR (more info in the mission file > init.sqf)

• Like 6

Added: New weapon VSS Vintorez (class name 'VSS_vintorez_DZN') into 'MilitarySpecialNamalsk', 'MilitarySpecialNamalskWinter', 'MilitarySpecialNAC', 'MilitarySpecialNACER7' loot tables + correct ammo into 'militaryNamalsk' and 'militaryNAC' (note: this weapon is not available in no-sniper rifle loot scheme)

Changed: Some weapon classes to counter DayZMod's newest banning ('MakarovSD' -> 'MakarovSD_DZN';'AKS_GOLD' -> 'AKS_GOLD_DZN';'AK_107_GL_pso' -> 'AK_107_GL_pso_DZN';'AKS_74_UN_kobra' -> 'AKS_74_UN_kobra_DZN';'RPK_74' -> 'RPK_74_DZN';'Saiga12K' -> 'Saiga12K_DZN';'G36_C_SD_eotech' -> 'G36_C_SD_eotech_DZN';'MG36' -> 'MG36_DZN';'BAF_L85A2_UGL_ACOG' -> 'BAF_L85A2_UGL_ACOG_DZN')

Another changes (I had to take measures since some weapons got banned by DayZMod) + also fighting with BE again :( Still hoping for the release today though!

If you are owner of one of those weapons (listed ↑), be prepared to loose them with 0.74 update. :| Or, admins could possibly take measurements and mass replace those with _DZN versions in DB.

• Like 4

We need more blootsuckers! Change the zombies to bloodsuckers! D:

How much longer is this going to be?

Patience my young Padawan :) Fuck it-- when's it coming out Sumrak???? :) :) :)

Edited by SAL_iOGC
  • Like 1

Added: New weapon VSS Vintorez (class name 'VSS_vintorez_DZN') into 'MilitarySpecialNamalsk', 'MilitarySpecialNamalskWinter', 'MilitarySpecialNAC', 'MilitarySpecialNACER7' loot tables + correct ammo into 'militaryNamalsk' and 'militaryNAC' (note: this weapon is not available in no-sniper rifle loot scheme)

Changed: Some weapon classes to counter DayZMod's newest banning ('MakarovSD' -> 'MakarovSD_DZN';'AKS_GOLD' -> 'AKS_GOLD_DZN';'AK_107_GL_pso' -> 'AK_107_GL_pso_DZN';'AKS_74_UN_kobra' -> 'AKS_74_UN_kobra_DZN';'RPK_74' -> 'RPK_74_DZN';'Saiga12K' -> 'Saiga12K_DZN';'G36_C_SD_eotech' -> 'G36_C_SD_eotech_DZN';'MG36' -> 'MG36_DZN';'BAF_L85A2_UGL_ACOG' -> 'BAF_L85A2_UGL_ACOG_DZN')

Another changes (I had to take measures since some weapons got banned by DayZMod) + also fighting with BE again :( Still hoping for the release today though!

If you are owner of one of those weapons (listed ↑), be prepared to loose them with 0.74 update. :| Or, admins could possibly take measurements and mass replace those with _DZN versions in DB.

Thanks for this Sumrak, this will do nicely and avoid any upset members :thumbsup: wondering where there gear went.

It's just a pity you cant counter all the bullshit changes from these so called community devs; anyway thanks for the most challenging and best map to appear in DayZ!

And thanks for listening to the community and trying to please as many as possible with your different loot tables. You hear that community devs! Razor you could learn a lot from Sumrak as could the rest of that lot you work with on the mod.

Edited by trichome
  • Like 1

Hi, testing Namalsk 0.74

We need more blootsuckers! Change the zombies to bloodsuckers! D:

Yeah, well, that's not how ,74 is going to look though :D we've discovered, that bloodsucker spawns are a bit messed up combined with 1.7.5.1, so I had to address this.

Patience my young Padawan :) Fuck it-- when's it coming out Sumrak???? :) :) :)

I don't know exactly, .74 itself is almost completed, we've been testing yesterday, I've eliminated some weirdness and bugs. Also prepared website update. The thing is now I heard there is possibility for another hotfix for DayZMod to be released, so I am waiting what is going to happen (I would release rather one version than two within few days).

Thanks for this Sumrak, this will do nicely and avoid any upset members :thumbsup: wondering where there gear went.

It's just a pity you cant counter all the bullshit changes from these so called community devs; anyway thanks for the most challenging and best map to appear in DayZ!

And thanks for listening to the community and trying to please as many as possible with your different loot tables. You hear that community devs! Razor you could learn a lot from Sumrak as could the rest of that lot you work with on the mod.

Thanks :thumbsup: well I am trying everything what my free time allows me to do, I would love to do a lot more for the whole Namalsk Crisis or DayZ Namalsk or even my next, yet still unannounced work, but its hard :( Some of those things in DayZMod are certainly not helping (banning.. I don't really get some steps taken there, but luckily it is not that hard to go around it). If there are any thing you would want to see changed compared to the DayZMod, let me know, I can take a look on that, but can't promise anything since I don't like really breaking into the mod itself much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, here is another version of a preliminary changelog for 0.74:

[DayZ: Namalsk v0.74]

Client-side

Added: A portable solder to 'IndustrialNamalsk' loot table (low spawn chance)

Added: Ability to repair broken NVG, radios and GPS (you need toolbox + solder + 2 pieces of broken equipment)

Added: Models for broken GPS, radio and NVG (so you can recognize them lying on the ground - exemplary picture > http://download.nightstalkers.cz/dzn/dzn_broken_equipment.jpg)

Changed: Lowered count of items in 'MedBox0' (5-2-2-2-5), medical box is now represented on Namalsk by the new class called 'MedBox0_DZN'

Changed: Increased chance for dropping 'ItemBloodbag' from killing a bloodsucker

Changed: Tweaked (once again) spawning mechanism of bloodsuckers (because 1.7.5.1 changed somehow spawns of the infected), they should be once again a bit rarer than they used to be (this is of course still configurable using mission parameters)

Changed: Existing files in ns_dayz\code to support newest DayZMod's update changes (1.7.5.1)

Changed: Working GPS and NVGs are no longer lootable (only broken ones are, working pieces removed from existing loot tables)

Changed: Temperature script change - flying in a helicopter above water, riding a boat, etc. no longer affects negatively your temperature with water factor (only swimming does)

Fixed: 'BrokenNVGoggles' no longer has binoculars model

Removed: 'huntingrifle' (CZ550) from the no-sniper rifles loot scheme

Removed: 'ItemWire' from 'IndustrialNamalsk' loot table

Server-side

Added: New parameter in mission init.sqf, which can affect times between each EVR (more info in the mission file > init.sqf)

• Like 3

I've been playing Namalsk for a month now, and I have to say, It's a great map! But there's one thing that I can't see in the changelog that makes me worried. Right now, the bloodsuckers are broken, they can't attack you and you can see their eyes while they are invisible. Is this going to be fixed for the next patch?

Cheers